The Ice Man Cometh Movie Megatron Full Photoshoot

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaveCA, May 28, 2007.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WOW! he is just kibble-reffic. I mean his Head is almost as bad as Energon Ironhides... it's just....THERE.

2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I have a feeling this Megatron will not be a "robot in disguise", but a "robot you despise".

3. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

:eek:  I couldn't get the fusion cannon to stay open on mine. How did you do it?

4. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

1. Why did they paint his head that way? I like the pic on the box but the toy looks nothing like it.

[​IMG]

2. His robot mode reminds me of D-Compose from Inhumanoids.

That is all! Carry on.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Used one of his fingers to hold it and keep it open, its tricky but it does work.

6. KING KONVOY

KING KONVOY Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The leader of my Decepitcons forces will be Leader Class Brawl!

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope we get this thing repainted with a more all around consistent paint app. Had the metallic blue been painted on most of the parts, it would look more unified. Thats my primary complaint. A mettalic silver like the movie, similar to cybertron galvatron would be GREAT.

The metallic blue looks so good, its a shame its only on a few parts, and not the majority of the body.

8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I keep trying to like this figure, but I just can't. My problem was and still is that it doesn't look like... anything. In apparent robot mode it looks like some sort of crab/bug/chunk of metal thing, and it apparent "jet" mode it looks like... well I dunno... certainly not a jet, alien or otherwise.

I know I know I know, we're supposed to love it because it's a TF and it's Megs and it's from the movie so it automatically has to be the greatest thing blah blah blah, but regardless of how cool these things (designs) look on the screen on real life CGI, I just don't think they translate well to toys. At all.

9. 1UpCheatachu

1UpCheatachu Lemony Fresh TFW2005 Supporter

Phew, I thought mine was defective for a second there.

10. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I have to agree about the blue clashing with the gray, its on his chest that hurts the most, I think if they had kept it consistent with the blue (which looks good) I think it would have made it much better. Same thing with the clear pink bits, between that and the chest it just throws the whole feng shui off the toy.

I agree that a repaint is in order as it really is a good toy (at least bot mode), I'm hoping Takara might help fix that with their track record of accurate paint scheme's.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Me too man. For the past few years, each Leader class Prime and Megatron has been repainted at least once. Movie Prime is slated to be repainted, it was inadvertently revealed via the transformers.com site. I hope Megatron is repainted. It can go 2 ways:

1-variant, where the later figures come out with metallic blue sprayed more consistently around the entire body. If any of you remember, when energon Prime came out, he initially had a mouth, it was later changed to a mouth guard a month or 2 after it had come out. That version comprised most of the production run.

2-all new repaint. Hasbro repaints or retools each mold at least once, most of the time.
    Being that this is the more expensive movie Megatron to make, I think hasbro will try to repaint it somehow.

I can live with either or. The metallic blue is a tease, it would look near perfect in robot mode had it been consistently sprayed all around. Lets hope Hasbro makes a paint app change in the production run.

12. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

They'll probably repaint him into Galvatron just like Starscream is gonna be Thundercracker.

13. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

He blows!! The head looks like Bram Stoker's Dracula Humanoid bat head. I am still waiting for the surprise earth alt mode Megs. They are holding out. Face it....we have had pics of ALL of the protos and regs except for Megs. He seems to be completely Cybertronian. I bet we see his Earth mode toward the end.

14. Radaphyte

Radaphyte Sanity redefined.

I was going to pick him up along with Prime... but now that I see him I'm in two minds. I might hold out for a repaint that looks similar to his actual appearance on the box (let alone the film). I'd get voyager at some point but to be honest the ice puts me off. Why can't we have a Megatron without the ice/pink headdress?

15. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This toy is all kinds of UGLY. Man I cannot believe how bad these are.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
  17. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

Great pics but that toy is a mess. It's got that dollar store feel and looks wholly incomplete. Yes, it's a Cybertonian vehicle, I get that, so why does it look like someone started with a regular earth jet and stuck bits all over it? It's too busy and resembles a marriage of random parts. The robot mode fares better but there's still way too much going on to make it feel like a single unified form. The colours are lazy and there ought to be a sense that this is a robot that has another mode. If I didn't already know this was a transformer, I would be hard pressed to figure out that it turns into a vehicle. It's a point of fact that the vehicle mode influnces the robot mode with most Transformers and in a way I guess that's happeneing here. A crap vehicle mode has mucked up the robot mode.

18. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I already have the Voyager MEGATRON (which I like a lot!), but I'll be getting Leader MEGS simply to have him towering over his underlings: The shot of him and STARSCREAM is nice!!

19. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, I can honestly say I won't be getting this guy. 40 bucks is way to much for me to spend on a toy I find to be 'meh' at best. The Voyager will do nicely for my needs anyway.

20. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I dont know with his jet mode it's so hard to tell where, what, goes were.