The "I like FOC Optimus Prime" Thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by anikenvader, Jul 31, 2012.

1. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    So, I walked on into my Target today, and I saw a full case of Fall of Cybertron figures! Bought all three.
    Started with Shockwave, eh, he's neat. Pretty cool, though.
    Then Optimus, proceeding with him "Ohh, this is kinda neat."
    Jazz, Erm, ok? Neat car mode.

But To myself, Shockwave is nice and all. But his build is a little flimsily and small. He's not bad, but his legs remind me of airachnids. But Prime, he has great proportions, the shades and color apps are great, his gun is nice, and the truck mode doesn't suck. He's so much easier to transform than the WFC version, and in my opinion looks nicer. The ONLY thing that I HATE is the size, but oh well. And maybe the leg's are hallow, but no surprise.

Posing him is fun, and quite sturdy. I really really do dig him, just wish he was taller.
    Now I'm sure I'm only about a part of like, a fraction of a percentage that likes him the best from the wave, but I'm curious, is there anyone who shares my opinion?
    Also, if you hate it, give some examples.
    Thanks. :) 

2. ShadowXD

ShadowXD Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I share the same opinion. He is just so fun to fiddle with and love the FOC design better than the WFC design. He also has way more articulation than WFC and doesn't have tons of parts hanging of him. Also, his blocky design is very G1. Overall, he is a better figure than WFC prime though I do understand why people don't like him. The plastic feels different which does not bother me at all and I like small figures. So it is plus plus for me!

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I don't own him (and frankly the FoC figures don't do much for me, I'll stay focused on Prime except for maybe Shockwave) but he seems good. My only problem is with some of his proportions, particularly that the shoulders are too close to the body. IMO he should be even more "muscular" looking if they were going for that look. His arms should be a bit more apart.

But he has articulated ankles and that's something that earns a lot of points for me, always.

4. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I have him and WFC and I love them both. I'm getting Darkside Prime because I need a WFC Megatron and the DS ones my favorite, so on my shelf FOC will be Optimus and WFC DS will be nemesis and so both molds will be represented.
    Truly, except for size, FOC is the better figure.

5. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    the simplicity is refreshing imo. been fidgeting with him for 4 plus weeks now and im still not bored. i def got my moneys worth. ive enjoyed it so much i might buy multiples, which i havent done before