The "I got all the Transformers I wanted that are out now blues"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the past few weeks I have been hunting, and picking up alot of really great Transformers. It has been alot of fun trying to get to them before the scalpers do, but today picked up Wreck Gar the last Transformer I was really wanting in this wave, and now that I'm not on the hunt any more (At lest till Wheeljack hits the streets) I feel kind of lost. Its odd becuse I just got the itch back, and before about a month ago I had not been collecting for 4 months, or so, and was fine.

Anyone other then me ever get this feeling?

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I live outside the US. I will NEVER have that feeling. And "The Hunt" hasn't been fun for me in years because of it.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Indeed - I just buy off the net now.

Still want Warpath / WJ to hurry up mind!

4. Movie PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow it must truly suck for the King of the Fandom to live so far from his power base!

Yeah I want Warpath, but hes not out yet is he?

5. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

The beauty of collecting toys other than Transformers is that you'll always have that feeling of anxiety because you don't have all of the toys you want.

6. morgan1194

morgan1194 kitbasher

my stores suck, and hardly ever restock, so i order online.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Here here. I can't remember the last time I saw a new deluxe anything in stores. I'm afraid I'm going to miss a lot of RTS/Generations because online shopping is so expensive.

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually just go back and replace figures with Takara versions when I get there. I'm actually doing that right now, sold my Walmart Skywarp for the Takara version:thumbs2: .

I'm still after a few figures but I won't buy them until United Wheeljack arrives. Next month (or whenever they show up) I'm going to buy MP Megatron, United Lugnut and Wheeljack

9. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kup
    Warpath
    Thundercracker
    Lugnut.

All I need for now.

But I have a feeling I may impulse buy G2 Prime and Wheeljack if I see them on sale.

I'm just glad the movie stuff will be really easy to find.

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    On the one hand i'm kind of relieved that the steady flow of new product from the last 3-4 months that i was actually interested in is going to slow down drastically.

On the other hand, i will miss the steady flow of new product that i was actually interested in over the last three months - four months.

Even if i lived in the US i would probably still throw most of my cash at BBTS.
    They make things too easy.

11. Movie PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks guys! Its not exactly the way I wanted to be made to feel better, but I do. I mean I should look at it this way at lest I can go out, and hunt, and find the Transformers I want. So I should stop bitching. LoL.

Really G2 Optimus Prime is only going to be an impulse buy for you? I have him, and let me tell you he is crazy awesome! His Transformation is way fun, and intuitive, he is crazy possible, and even the paint job that turned me off a bit when I first saw the pics of looks good when you have him in hand. All in all I would say that he is the closest thing Hasbro has come to a home run sens Battle Blades Optimus Prime!

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had that feeling before, but there are still a few things I'm looking for in stores (Lugnut, Grappel, RTS Legends, Heavytread and Airhammer.) Whenever there's a lull, I find it's a great time to pull out some of the toys in my collection I don't regularly play around with. Also look into other toy lines that seem cool if the cash is just burning a hole in your pocket; I picked up some Microman toys from BBTS and a couple of the cheap Halo toys made by Megabloks.

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Nope, Becuase unlike msot people I DO NOT PICK the ones i want I PICK ALL OF THEM Even if i think The Figure Looks Meh (Battle baldes bee is one of hte meh figures) Or ugly

14. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    As soon as my order from BBTS shows up with my last few generations figs I'll be done until the Megatron/Optimus/kids/DVD pack hits. So far Megatron is the only mold I want from the announced TF Prime line, but of course it comes in a pack with stuff I don't want. I'm hoping for good Ratchet and Wheeljack molds from the Prime line and maybe a leader or voyager Megatron, but that's about all I'm looking forward to atm.

15. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right now, there's a few figures I'm on the lookout for:

Kup
    Scourge
    Wreck-Gar
    Lugnut
    Grappel
    Strafe

I found the rest of Wreck-Gar's wave about a week or two ago at a TRU. I was happy, but then I realized Wreck-Gar will probably be the hardest one to find. :lol 

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I bloody wish.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I you ever get tired of the blues from finding the stuff you've been looking for I'll gladly trade you the feeling of oh crap what if the local retailers never get these waves in because waves never hit here until after all the on-line retailers have already ran out of stock on popular characters.

The hunt was fun back in the days when it felt like you could find anything you wanted by hitting a few retailers. But to search and search with nothing to show for it while other parts of the country have been enjoying their figures for a long time takes the fun out of the hunt.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    once the package arrives with the 10 deluxes in it (rts wave, generations 2 waves, and bis pack), i will have that feeling probably, but i will always fiddle with the ones i have after a bit, warpath is still coming out, but already have all the legends, voyagers, and windcharger. and stune, wheeljack an impulse buy? really, i would have put tracks as that before him, wheeljack looks way better imo

19. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Since its hard to make money when your 14 I never get that feeling since I hardly buy them at stores. I "hunt" at the Thrift Store.

20. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Not anymore.

There hasn't been anything new in my area since before Christmas, and everything from Christmas is still clogging the shelves. No Wreck-Gar, no Perceptor, no G2 OP, no Kup, no Scourge... nothing. I'm beyond frustrated.