the 'i cant have botcon classics' therapy thread

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by KA, Apr 2, 2007.

1. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy Señor Member TFW2005 Supporter

How do you order them if your not going?? what's this non attendee package i've heard about?? I don't pay attention to Botcon stuff because there is no way i'm ever going, but might consider the classics.

2. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I *could* spend the money for these things, despite not going to botcon. But I have to agree that the price is just too damn high for 4 deluxe repaints and one *possible* Voyager repaint, regardless of what characters they're supposed to be. If anything, the only thing I would ask to have changed would be the non-attendee package price. If it was cheaper in price, heck even 200 or so, which is still a lot, I might have considered it. But 350+ not including shipping for this stuff is just way too much. I'll just have to be satisfied with three of the seekers unless the 'con exclusive ones pop up on ebay for a decent price or something.

3. Leemon

Leemon Yar, spare sum fuel mate?

News Credits:
    OH WHY COULDN'T BOTCON HAVE GOTTEN DEVASTATOR SET, AND WALMART HAVE GOTTEN THE REMAINING SEEKERS INSTEAD? WHY, OH WHY?

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in the same boat as Dark_Convoy. I want the remaining Seekers. I want them bad. But no matter how much I want them, the fact is that they're not worth $300+. I honestly wouldn't put down much more than $100 for TC, Thrust, and Dirge. The toys will likely be amazing, but there's no way I'll put down that much cash for them.

5. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Because then you'd have a bunch of raving, ranting mad-men upset that they paid three hundred dollars for a toy that they really didn't want. FP needs to please the paying people first. I understand that, even though I'm not going to be one of them. I'm glad the people paying will be getting something awesome. For that kind of money, they should.

I'm still mildly upset about not getting them myself, but oh well. I'll live.

6. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

I find the easiest way to fight it is to stop caring.

7. soundblastc44

soundblastc44 CAPS MASTER...OH YEAH

just buy an extra classics starscream and ramjet and re-pint em

8. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I've more than got the money, but I refuse to pay for a convention I'm not attending. It's nothing more than scalping IMO.

Phazer

9. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

Yeah i dunno, If i have the money I might consider it but I dont see it happening. Having these as the Botcon exclusive is a pretty big kick in the boys. I really want to finish the seekers too, but its a little much just for them. Guess i'll contiune to dream...

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I'll be buying another Starscream (£9.99 at Woolworths!) and repainting him into Thundercracker - nuts to Botcon!

11. Rabbit

Rabbit Weary

I used to be a naysayer about the club but realise they have a tough job. I don't envy them at all. It can't be easy to come up with a knock-yer-socks off concept for the exclusives, year after year and develop a backstory to add some depth- and a vocal majority has made it clear a good backstory is important. I'm not invested in 'Classics' at all so I'm somewhat indifferent to the hubbub but I see where this one is coming from and it seems a pretty good idea.

Perhaps I'm mistaken but TFCC seems to have a very limited pool of molds to work with each year and has to make them go a long way to give their members something special. I'm hard pressed to think what else they could have done with the Classics molds they were okay'd to use this year.

It does kinda suck for those fans who can't get access to these figures, but what would you have them club do? Use Armada molds? Keep going back to the Energon and Cybertron ones again? If they started doing that, memberships might fall off and people would complain that the club doesn't care and lacks originality

I think this is the best thing they could have done under the circumstances but I do understand the frustration some folks are expressing. Exclusives drive me bonkers. :D 

12. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

QFT.

13. Night Flame

*DING*DING* We have a winner!

I'm actually shocked at how easy it was for me to go from, "Damn that would have been great" to "ah well. Can't do, doesn't matter."

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I'm with you guys....but it's not like I CAN'T have them, it's that I won't shell out that much money on what you get. It's the same reason I skip out on the exclusives every year.

15. Night Flame

The only thing that bothered me even for a moment was that I was going to be going to the con and picking up the full round of toys. Things changed, I'm not. So I had a momentary twinge of "uh oh" when I saw the announcement. However, I pretty much knew certain things were going to happen a certain way when I made me decision, and so it didn't take long to get back to that feeling of, "Meh." I mean, if I scrimped a bit, I COULD pull off getting the box. Frankly, I don't feel like scrimping that much.

16. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    It's unfortunate, but I'm way up here in Canuckland, land of, ice, snow, igloos, and stupidly persistent American stereotypes about us ;) 

Basically, no way I could attend. Attending might be enough for me to justify these things, as a kind of 'price of admission'. But $100 a pop for the three remaining seekers? Nuh-uh.

There's always hope though. Remember that there is an option for attendees to buy an additional set for $179... so if you've got a friend who's going, you could try and cajole them into picking up a set for you.

17. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Yeah I was bummed but I was at Target and the UM vs SW 2 pack is only $13.68 on clearance so now I have the means to at least make my own Thundercracker and a Nemesis Prime. 'Dems da breaks.

18. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    More money for Revoltechs.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the money, but I could easily think of other TF related stuff I would rather spend it on. The least of which would be 5 of each of the molds they are using and kitbash, even though I never really kitbash. Oh well, I don't really care that much to have all the seekers anyways. I would have rather seen Prime, 2 Rodimi, BB, and Mirage all repainted as the Stunticons.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I would love to get them. I'm currently trying to find a club member that will be willing to pick up one of the baged sets. It's actually quite hard to do, lol. I'd be paying them the cost of the exclusives+shipping to me+some money for their troubles. I'd also pay them either by check or money order. Anybody here know someone that would be willing to work a deal out with me?