The "I can't decide" thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by UnicronFTW, Feb 6, 2012.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I've noticed a lot of threads over the last couple of weeks that are really... reoccurent. I figure we should try to have a place for them to go in general.

Every once in a while, you'll look into your wallet and notice... there's some money you have that you don't really have a place for. Sometimes you'll come into money that you didn't expect... and then you think about it, and you decide to splurge. You take this newfound cash, and start looking for things that catch your attention. And before you know it, you have this money, and you don't know what to do with it. It's a... "Let's see, I have enough cash to buy this... and I have enough cash to buy this, but I also have enough to buy both of these or maybe that." and you just get caught in a corner of indecision. You need help. You need to ask people who own these figures for their guidance, to help you come to an ultimate conclusion. Why make a whole new thread for it? Come here and do it.

~

I've got 100 bucks to spare. I've got my eyes on:
    Sci-Fi Revoltech #030 - DOTM Optimus Prime - Transformers Transformers III - Dark of the Moon Imports
    Generations 2011 Series 05 - Set of 2 - Transformers 2010 - 2011 Transformers Generations - Deluxe
    Alternity A-02 Nissan Fairlady Z Megatron - Blue - Transformers Alternity Alternity
    SDCC 2007 Rodimus - Ford GT - Transformers Alternators Alternators
    Totally lost here. Help a guy out? EDIT: Decision made, Alt Roddy and Generations are now mine. Thanks guys.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

Megatron.

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Alternators Rodimus, if you collect MPs, Alternators/Binaltechs, or Human Alliance.

Easily my favorite Alternator, and I like the figure more than MP Rodimus.

If you don't collect anything from those lines, then I'd get Alternity Megs. Alternity figures integrate into collections better than Alternators.

4. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    That's just the thing... I don't own any Alternators. And I want that to be changed at some point or another. XD I have Ultra Magnus... and... he's well enough, but frankly I am a bit disappointed in him. But I want to give the line another chance because I do enjoy having a figure of such elegant engineering to be able to fit a classics collection. Not so much aesthetic, really, but sizewise. So it's really a win-win either way. That's what makes it so damn confusing.

5. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't go wrong with those Generations figures.

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yeah, specially since my Wally World has taken it upon themselves to remove Generations from their lineup. So there's not an ice-cubes chance in hell I'll be seeing them at retail. And that just brings in the problem of... what do I get alongside them? They're only thirty bucks, I'll have another seventy to blow.

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... what Ultra Magnus? Alternity or MP?

Let me put it this way. Rodimus was the first Alternator I got. As a result, I kicked myself for not getting into the line earlier. His transformation is pleasantly complex, his weapons are cool, his proportions and posability are great, he's probably the best Alternator out there. If you really want to get into the line, or want to make just one purchase, he's a great starting point.

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Alternity.

Yeah, the mold has always attracted me. And it also really astounds me that an SDCC exclusive like that is still around, new. Plus... I adore Polenicus' comic in the funnies where his hot rod used that mold. So I really am connected to it...

I think Alternators Rodimus and the Generations 2-pack are what's gonna be at the top of my cue. Still open for suggestions though.

9. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I vote Megatron + Generations. Also, THANK YOU for making this thread!

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I really like the look of him. He's one of those guys who just has that... "must have" feel for me. I've never had a revoltech. And he feels right for something I can get my feet wet with.
    Hey, no prob.

12. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have long thought before buying, but now I can not tear my eyes from Him :)  I advice you to buy, look at my Gallery, I really tried!

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Where was this thread last week when I was deciding between Leadfoot in alliance class or deluxe class :lol 

I went with the latter, which cost a stupid amount of money.

14. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I did look at your gallery. Nice stuff there, man.
    EDIT: Poster above me, Nightrain. Well at least he can fit with both RB and TS. Don't have to worry about that...
    I'm sure you'll be kicking yourself though if he sees retail. XD

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah I totally expect to see that dumb two-pack show up at toy fair.

16. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

My decision- Generations Wheeljack/Prime Wheeljack. I have RTS Tracks and am a bit undecided about having 2 of the same mold. My problem is the prime wj is more like drift with wheeljacks design.
    Thoughts?

17. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Ultimately decided on SDCC Rodimus and Generations Junkheap and Sky Shadow.
    I figured...
    I've been looking at Rodimus for a while, so I'm obivously interest. I was gonna buy him a while back but he went out of stock... only for him to come back into stock, which for me is just like this... omen that I have to have him. Plus he's an SDCC figure, so he's my first convention figure. Plus he's an Alternator, and I've never had one of those. Plus the mold is pretty universally praised. All of the pictures I see of him just make my heart do a little river dance, so I know this is the right decision.
    The Generations figures... are more of a precaution. I wanted to make sure I got my hands on them before it's to late. Learned that lesson with the FE's. I just know, that while there looks to be plenty of them in stock right now, that could all change in a micro second. Better now then never.

I'll probably wind up having to give my self a kick inbetween the legs though, because chances are they'll still be in stock at the beginning of next month. But what are you gonna do.

I decided against Megatron on account of.. looking at it? I don't want a Megs in blue. At least, not right now. I'll wait to get the mold in the black or just the original. But not blue.

Revoltech Prime. It really pains me to leave him behind like this... he looks really good, but, he doesn't go above any of the others in the standing. He's more like a "When you have the money for it, splurge. When that money can go towards better things, don't."

Keep it up guys. Remember that this thread exists so you don't go bogging down the forum. :p 

18. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Well, it depends on what the focus point of your collection is. Do you collect classics? Well, Prime Wheeljack won't have a place there.
    Ultimately, they're two different characters from two seperate shows, so you could grab both.
    I'm biased towards Generations WJ, though. But that's because he's the only one I own. XD

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wait until you make up your mind, then pay eBay prices.

20. Jazz342

Jazz342 Well-Known Member

If I get Wheeljack, he will be my first prime. I tend to collect across the board, limiting myself to only having one version of a character. Of course this has been unsuccessful. I'm still thinking of going with both.since the prime version doesn't fit in with my generations characters, but he does look buy worthy from what I've seen.