The humans must have given Sentinel the pillars...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Here we have Sentinel Prime looking for the pillars, what's the problem?
    He's going the wrong way.

How do I know? The other side of N.E.S.T is a huge door.
    [​IMG]

It's not on one of the sides of N.E.S.T, the sides of N.E.ST are just balcony after balcony.
    [​IMG]

So what does this leave us with? Maybe they gave Sentinel the pillars?
    Maybe, just maybe. Because I doubt Sentinel turned around, made more destruction, opened that huge door, and took the pillars.

PLUS how would he of gotten them on top of his roof like that?
    [​IMG]
    With human assistance of course.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You're thinking too far into this.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I think their's a general rule, or thought of film which states, if it's not seen on film, then it doesn't count.
    Besides why would anyone in there right mind help out a rampaging giant robot.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

A wizard did it.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Huh, never noticed the boxes up there on the truck's top. Always thought they were on the inside.

6. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    dude, you have too much time on your hands. Go buy a dog.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

On the Pillars, it's posibble he threw them on the air, transformed before it hit the ground, and "catched" them with the roof of the truck.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I think they did. I'm sure it's implied in the movie and novel that they gave him the pillar to stop his rampage. In the movie he demands that they are returned to him and the novel explains the pillars would be destroyed if the volt was breached so he destroyed half the base then threatened to destroy the other half if Mearing didn't open it. I think they just didn't have time for the full Sentinel/mearing conversation.

9. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Suspension of disbelief.

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Wow, you guys put more thought into this movie than Bay and the writers ever hoped to. Granted, that doesn't take a lot of effort, but still...

Nice going, fandom...?

There should be a rule that states that if you put more thought into a Michael Bay film than Michael Bay did, you're really going to see a Michael Bay film for the wrong reasons.

11. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    The humans must of given Sentinel the pillars...

"We've taken possession of the five devices hidden in the ship with Sentinel Prime. They say Sentinel was the Einstein of his generation so we're just going to keep these locked up."

*Sentinel charges the base looking for his pillars*

"Now...return what belongs to me!"

*Sentinel drives off with the pillars*

Seems pretty self-explanitory to me.

Pretty much this. And even without the Sentinel/Mearing conversation, it still makes sense. Sentinel is destroying the base, looking for his pillars. He exits the building with is pillars. QED, he got his pillars. Whether or not he had help from the humans isn't really important to the flow of the scene. As for the whole "the pillars are on top of his alt mode"-thing...does it matter? Does it really affect the scene that much?

There's not really much thought to be put into thinking about this scene, especially from the audience's POV. Listen to the dialogue, watch the scene play out and you're golden.

12. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    After watching Bumblebee deftly navigate Sam safely back into the driver's seat after ejecting him there's no reason to assume that Sentinel wasn't capable of a similar feat himself, even for 5 pillar cases...but, yeah, the novel clearly establishes that Mearing caved when Sentinel threatened to crush Lennox and Sam and that the pillars were "lashed" to his roof so it's not out of the question that he'd forced some NEST grunts to secure them up there, too.

If you look closely you'll notice the tripod-mounted camera that shot the roof-of-Sentinel P.O.V. shot still up there too, lol.

But back to the base for a moment.

I've actually studied the layout of NEST HQ such as it is pretty closely since I was busily establishing the fact that Sentinel got his alt. mode there (as suggested by the 316 on his sides corresponding to the 316 on the wall and the whole airstrip/Rosenbaur Panther connection), and the numbering and labeling of the different levels and corridors seems to be pretty randomly all over the place and out-of-whack so I wouldn't be so quick to use the locations of Sentinel at any given moment as evidence for anything since it's sort of another example of "movie geography" from the looks of it.

But then I'm not entirely sure I was following your chain of evidence there anyway.

Regardless, the point's a bit moot since it's established they gave him the pillars in the expanded media anyway.

Still wouldn't mind hearing some clarification there if you don't mind, though. And in the meantime I'm gonna go take a closer look at that myself.

:) 

13. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I don't think they did in the film, as Mearing Lennox and Sam run out the door to the entrance following Sentinel's rant, certainly not heading to the vault.

I'd be disapointed if they did. Because you let no one push you around, even a giant robot with a God complex. You'd think someone like Mearing would let Sentinel trash the whole base, or even blow the vault and destroy the pillars to spite him. Sure they'd all die, but he wouldn't get what he wanted, and they'd buy time for Optimus to arrive with backup.

Caving in and giving him the devices you know he's going to use for ill just to live is something a spineless scumbag like Dylan would do.

14. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Damn it. I love it yet hate it when I go into a thread, yet TylerMirage already won it and said all that needs to be said.

15. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Good point about all of them leaving beforehand. I didn't mean to suggest that the way the scene played out in the novel correctly filled-in the blanks in the movie, but I kinda did seem to suggest that by accident. My bad.

And I completely agree about Mearing's reaction and caving-in from the novel. It addressed that break from character a bit with some dialogue from Sentinel about her "instinctive" and "human response" being "one that was devoid of policy concerns," but it still felt wrong.

She's the NATIONAL SECURITY Director, ffs. She knew not turning the pillars over to Sentinel and thereby ending their worldwide threat was more important than saving a handful of lives on the spot.

I'd hope that's why the scene was different in the movie if indeed that was how it had been written in the script rather than an embellishment from Peter David for his novelization.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering Barricade in the first movie could grow claws from his alt mode to threaten Sam it's entirely possible Sentinel could grow something similar to load the crates onto himself.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Well that's the thing, and it's a common problem with most TF series is that they never could find a realistic way to have the TFs carry stuff their holding in robot mode into alt mode. Sometimes they toss it in the air and it lands on them, or they hold it and it somehow lands inside.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I choose not to over think these movies, or any movies for that matter. I'm going to assume Sentinel threatened the humans and they did indeed load them on the truck. No big deal.

19. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I remember once in the G1 cartoon Bumblebee got Chip into himself by sorta driving over him. :p 
    Maybe it would be workable to transform except one arm and then load the stuff into themselves that way. I think the Spychangers in RID used to be in alt mode and then transform out an arm to use (for shooting a gun?) while driving along.

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    :lol  How do they even make those kind of mistakes?