The Hub In Trouble?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by primus626, Jun 15, 2011.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Save it from what?

Ah crap I clicked the link, was that a virus? Someone?

2. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    it cost me $10 to expand and get thr Hub...

3. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I don't believe TF prime is the issue, rather the problem seems to be getting the channel out to a larger audience and providing a greater variety of new shows.

5. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  6. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Aww and they have cool things like MLP, Fraggle Rock and old Batman.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Keep in mind though that the nielson ratings system is quite stacked against awesome programs like Transformers Prime and Friendship is Magic.
    There are 25,000 nielson families in America. However, there are also 116 million televisions in america. That means only 0.0215% of televisions are counted.
    Which makes every nielson family account for 4,640 people.
    The point is that in a digital age, where every cable and Satelite box can be counted, we use a sample group to gather ratings so small that it seems insignificant.

But if viewers are declining from previous totals. Its definitely because the new content on the hub is virtually nonexistent. Its a lot of the same programming right now, that existed when the channel started in fall 2010.
    They just brought in Jem and the holograms. Which is good, because that's what syndicated programming is for, to fill timeslots while the studio produces your big premier series. Which can also be eventually syndicated.
    Though at this rate. It could be a decade before the Hub can stand entirely on its own programming and not cookie jar tv.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  8. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come on people, let's not make wild assumptions when we don't know what we are talking about. This information is only useful when you know the context and have some genuine idea of what you are talking about. :) 

9. Sideswipe1954

Sideswipe1954 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I TIVO Conan in the mornings since I am at one job, and GI Joe/Transformers at night since I am asleep, and I always TIVO new eps of Prime, Renegades and Dan vs.

10. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

The only problem that's been there from the begining is that you can't support a network with only 3 flagship shows (TFP, MLP, GI Joe).

I think it was a mistake to religate their best vintage IPs to late night. Transformers G1 and GI Joe should have a early evening block somewhere between 5 and 7 pm. A time when parents and their kids could enjoy watching them together. Shows like Happy Days should be on in the afternoons too.... like 1 or 2pm.

The biggest thing the Hub needs is shows.... new shows... and old shows. Cartoons mostly... that stick with their kind of markets. I've long thought a show like Wakfu would do wonders for the Hub.... and would even be a great line for Hasbro to sell. Snap up a series like Sailor Moon for the girls. Also break out their old MLP eps.... along with as many 80's cartoons as they can get their hands on.

11. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOL sorry guys, but im not footing a $100 bill to "do my part" and keep the Hub afloat. I like Prime, but I don't $100 like it.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

So what's going on with the Hub? (without having to click anything.)

Hard to believe with 1000+ channels out there, with half of them being lame, that Hasbro is having issues with all it's money & Scourge.
    There are some really stupid channels out there, and if they can do it...

13. NormanB

NormanB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But it's so much fun reading threads like this.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I would be sorry to see the Hub go. I'm sure Prime would continue -or there would be a Transformers show somewhere.

The kids and I watch Prime, Family Game Night and occasionally the Adam West Batman.
    The problem, as noted above, is that the network is largely just in repeats of the same shows that it had when it began.

15. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    see. should of stuck with animated. now look what happened.

lol.

16. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would probably work more if people outside of the US could watch it... yeah I know... :horse: 

And the whole $100 for one channel thing is kinda rediculous(sp?), which is what I'm assuming this is about. I'd pay for the channel if it were cheaper... and seeing as I've upgraded my digital box to HD and I haven't got a raise from work this year...yet...(not to mention cut hours at work...) It would have to be really cheap.

Still, we haven't heard that they're officially closing down and Transformers Prime has already been renewed for a second season (and at least 65 episodes in total) so they probably won't be getting rid of it that easily. So as several people have posted already, no need to panic and roam the streets like a two-hour city-wide blackout.

jD001

17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Just curious, was the Hub created so Hasbro could put out its shows without fear of cancellation by the networks like CN? Was TF Animated cancelled due to its ratings? Or was it cancelled bec they had to push a new line of toys?

18. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Lol whole channel is going to die because didn't continue with one show of one property on a completely different channel that wasn't even strong enough to sell toys to walmart"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
  19. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Got any numbers to back that up? :rolleyes:  It's not my fault that their business model sucks. I pick it up on iTunes, but that doesn't count toward ratings or any metric that the networks seem to care about. I'm sorry, I watch maybe 1 hour of live TV a month, and that doesn't justify a $100 a month cable bill. And yes, it would be $100 a month or more, minimum, to get the channel from one of the entire TWO choices I have in my area.

What?!?
    Really?
    In 2011?
    Can't gather 'round the TV
    and watch Netflix?
    Surely not...

And back to the original topic: It's debt shuffling, most likely expected. One would like to give Hasbro and Discovery a little more credit than to think they were going to go through all the trouble to create an entirely new network and then only give it an 8 month trial, and expect it to outperform every other established cable network out there.

20. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    :popcorn