The Horsemen of Apocalypse Ride Again

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by DevilzFan, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Where did this happen? I thought that Psylocke was left out of the AoA all together. It was like they just forgot to include her or something(which was weird because she was in the storyline that led up to AoA). Maybe I just overlooked it, but I swear I've read in other places that she wasn't in it.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

What I want to know is how is Apocalypse coming back in the first place? Last thing I knew his conciousness was trapped in Cyclops's brain so how did he get free again? Did House of M have something to do with it? And what impact is the Big A going to have on Cable and the Summers family this time? Maybe we'll also find out more about what Apocalypse did all those years ago to turn Wolverine into a Horseman. There are still some continuity gaps there. As for Gambit becoming a Horseman it might be good or bad depending on how he is written. I've always liked the character in general.

3. Agent Rodimal

Agent Rodimal Banned

Short version. There was a miniseries not long after The Twelve storeline called Search for Cyclops. At the end Jean and Cable forced Apocalypse out of Scott and Cable stabbed him with his weapon (I forgot what it's called) supposedly killing his astral form. He was accidently brought back by Wanda during House of M (I think).

Another interesting thing is who is rumored to be one of the other two Horsemen

Apocalypse own worst enemy: Nathan Christopher Summers, AkA Cable.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

5. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

it makes sense with cable given the synopses for cable and deadpool plus with all the self rightous stuff

and as for apoclypse in the ultimate universe sinister worships a god like apoclypse and in the lastest issue lilandra is leader of a church called the shi're. Maybe there will be like a clash of belifes or something

6. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Oh man, reading that reminded me of why I loved the AoA so much. Emma Frost with her huge scar across her head where she had her lobotomy. And a version of Cable that didn't suck. Too bad Nate died during that horrific X-men relaoded nonsense as a bullshit shaman because they couldn't fingure out what to do with himn other than fight robotic midgets in the arctic. ugh

7. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

They already made him a horseman in the Cable & Dead-Pool book.

8. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Yea, Cable was one awesome Horseman in the Cable/DP book. Sinister was the best though an "Nanny" Sinister.

9. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

So true. Sinister was great in that book. I'm looking forward to the return of Apocalypse myself. This could be fun.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

There was also a two-issue mini about what happened to other Marvel heroes in the AoA. I remeber that Victor Von Doom was a leader of some sort of rebel group, Sue and Ben were the only living memebers of the F4 (and had no powers), and I thin kthe Hulk and Daredevil were in there too. I'll have to read it again.

11. NSJ23

NSJ23 Not today Chumly, not today.

I think that it would be nice if instead of just one or two X-men being horsemen, all four of them were. I also hope that Havok is a horseman, he is only useful as someone else's pawn. Besides that his character sucks.

12. Frequency

Frequency Formerly Berserker Prime

Havok was a good character for a while, but like most X-men that aren't Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, or Beast, he keeps falling into the hands of incompetant writers, and whenever that happens they regress his character from "Interesting and effective team leader who has worked through his insecurities" to "I couldn't lead jack because I'm too busy being angsty at my brother for no damn good reason other than noone wants to do anything new or interesting with my character"

13. gil

gil Godmaster

Havok was cool when he was in X-Factor (well, before he went bad) and he was cool in Mutant X. What Havok and Polaris should do, is hang out with Multiple Man, Strong Guy, and Wolfsbane again in the new X-Factor book.

Back on Topic:
    So who the Hell are the Horsemen!?! So we have Gambit from this thread. And Maybe Sunfire from that other thread. Who's the other two?

14. DevilzFan

Sunfire, Gambit, Cable, and.......

15. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I don't entirely buy the Cable-as-Horseman thing. Honestly, where would that leave the Cable & Deadpool comic? I'm aware of the solicitation that mentions his alliance with Apocalypse, but how can he run Providence when he's a Horseman in Apocalypse's service?

First of all, this is different from Wolverine's many memberships. Second, I seriously doubt Gambit will be a Horseman and an X-Man (especially considering the cover to #185).

I think the story in Cable & Deadpool will wind up being a truce between the two mortal enemies. Or a ruse fabricated by one, or both, of them.

Besides, Gambit is Death and Sunfire is War. I can't see Cable as Famine or Pestilence.

16. DevilzFan

Hmm...Wither from New X-Men: Academy X has been on the outs with everyone since mutilation Laurie's hand. He would be a perfect Famine.

17. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks like the Gazer character from recent issues is going to be a Horseman.

18. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

Kickback~ need to check a couple of your laundry list of facts. Most of them right, some of them wrong.

<--Mutant freak, owns every x-book since.....'89? '90?

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I used to really like Apocalypse, in fact, he was my favorite Marvel Character. I was rather disgusted with the 12 storyline, and the old man in a suit concept.

I also liked Nate Gray, but I doubt that this will be enough to pull me in.

20. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

I really enjoyed the 12 storyline right up to the old man in a suit appearance. That was the first time I had seen that, although I think Apocalypse was also shown as an old man in a suit in the adventures of cyclops and phoenix miniseries. What a terrible idea...