The highway scene still confuses me

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by aman345, Jul 2, 2011.

1. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

Maybe someone can clear things up. When the dreads approach and one of them throws Simmons out of his limo. It seems that everyone is driving on the right side of the road. Then that same dread crashes into the highway sign which creates a ramp for the other 2 dreads to drive off of. But if you pay attention you'll notice the limo still driving forward and then the sign falls forward, but still the dreads are able to drive off the ramp. While confusing as it sounds for me to explain, it still makes no sense as everyone would have to do a complete u-turn and get on the opposite side of the road.

2. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

not sure what you are talking about. sign falls forward, creates ramp. limo has to stop.
    rest of team was already ahead of ramp and are still driving forward.

why are they all of a sudden on the opposite side of the road?

there is a small problem with the scene, the sign gets flipped the wrong way in the scene after the dreads jump off it.
    (shouldn't be able to read it from the new angle but you can.)
    but when seeing the limo again from the driver's perspective to sign is flipped in the original ramp fashion.

personally im more in awe simons survived, shouldn't be possible.

3. aman345

aman345 Well-Known Member

Thanks that's what I was trying to write but he words never came. But thats exactly what I was trying to figure out.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    they were never on the wrong side of the road were they? I never noticed that and think (I could be wrong) hat is what nametaken is asking also, where do you see tat they were on the wrong side of the road?

5. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

were on right side, just the sign flips the wrong way due to the fact they filmed the scenes all in the same place, so the continuity is messed up is what aman345 was pointing out.

6. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Well-Known Member

The ramp was facing the wrong way during the shots when the Dreads drove up it and Simmon's white car stopped in front of it.

7. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was watching it tonight a few hours ago, but I think it has to go with how the one Dread knocked into the overhang, and the way they fell.

Though if there's any wtf moments, for it me it was the one Dread that goes flying over the side of the road and shatters after hitting a vehicle. It looked more like he had already been disintegrated seconds before that next shot.

8. hunterelf

hunterelf Decepticon