The Heroic Age

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gryph, May 28, 2010.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Figured there should be a thread about it. So what do you guys think about the HA books, so far? Avengers was interesting, but Thunderbolts was less than stellar. It seems several people are irritated at the way Songbird was treated in the issue. First, she gets a crappy new haircut that makes her look like a dyke. Then, Luke Cage treats her like crap for no reason. There's rumors that the writer is planning on turning her into a villain again. Which would be insanely stupid, and contradict years of character development.

2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Too early to tell, I'd like marvel to stop having these stupid subtitles and arcs every 6 months. As to what your saying, marvels writers don't worry about continuity anymore. They are free to do whatever. So many characters are rewritten or changed at a writers whim to whatever they want. Unles the character has a movie coming then they are changed to match the movie personalities and powers. But there have been more than a number of Marvel heroes written out of character in the last 5 to 10 years. It's one of the reasons I stopped reading many series I used to regularly buy. Sadly Dc has been guilty of this as well. If the trend continues I weep for comics.

3. pirateguy withapplepie

pirateguy withapplepie Well-Known Member

What? I thought Thunderbolts was great. Avengers was alright to me, though Secret Avengers was my favorite.

4. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    secret Avengers was good because Brubaker wrote it, there are few stories from him I haven't liked. He's one of the few writers I buy from marvel.

5. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    The preview for Avengers Prime looks promising, I might actually pick up this title. I am up in the air about the other titles but I will be checking them out. Although I was kind of disappointed with Siege.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Secret Avengers was really damn awesome. Avengers was... a Bendis book. Haven't read any of the others as I don't really follow Marvel outside of the Avengers and X-Men.

7. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:

Attached Files:

8. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Pretty stupid. Nick Fury? Tony Stark? Maria Hill? G.W. Bridge? They were all S.H.E.I.L.D. directors without codes name. In Tony Stark's case he even didn't run S.H.E.I.L.D. as Iron Man.

9. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Interesting, to me Tony is always Iron Man and Steve is always Captain America. It's like I am stuck in this thought pattern. It's hard to see Bucky as "Cap".

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I thought it was funny. But then again, I think Marvel is a joke anyway.

11. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I thought T-bolts was great. An the way Cage treated Songbird was awesome. She deserved it. I am curious after reading the newest Captain America, how T-bolts will play out.

Avengers was Meh but secret was very good

12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    I hate the Tbolts, it became horrible after Hawkeye(original) left The Ellis got a hold of it and turned it into something else, and along the way many redeemed characters got killed, ruined, or went evil again for no aparent reason. The lack of continuity in marvel drives me nuts.

13. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I liked the story in Avengers, but I just can't get into Romitta Jr.'s art.

Secret Avengers was great, and I loved the fact they kept the artist from Dark Avengers.

I've never read Thunderbolts before, so this was a jumping on point for me. So far so good.

Young Allies actually got me interested, I only picked it up because I wanted to see what it was all about. This might be what fills the void that Runaways left.

14. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Avengers: Academy was pretty good as well. Not what I expected, some of the characters are a lot darker than you would expect in this kind of book.

15. Wreckgar

Okay, seriously here marvel. Way to cash in on the relaunch of New Avengers. It's basically the same team plus Benjy. Spidey, Wolverine, and Hawkeye are pulling double duty? If you are going to have 2 Avengers teams, at least have the courtesy to make them different rosters.

Hell, out of the 9 members, 5 are pulling double duty. That's ridiculous.

16. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I don't think the Hawkeye & Mockingbird series will last very long. I loved the characters as part of the New Avengers, but am not sure if they can hold up in an ongoing on their own. I'm going to keep reading it for now, but it's the most likely to be dropped from my pull list out of all the new Heroic Age titles so far.

17. Wreckgar

I thought it was only a mini. Damn, I can't believe anyone would think that would last as an ongoing. maybe a solo hawkeye series but not them both.