The Henkei, Masterpiece or the Fans Project treatment?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by darkunor, Sep 2, 2010.

1. darkunor

darkunor Banned

As a fan of the G1 series only (sorry guys I got no love for anything outside G1 barring the micromasters!), which G1 transformers would you like to be given the henkei treatment (H), the masterpiece treatment (M) or the Fans Project Treatment (F)and why, you dont necessarily have to provide a reason but it will enhance the quality of this discussion! You can pick up to 15 transformers and combiners count as 1. Here are my choices;

Computron (F)
    My favorite combiner group after Devastator. I own predaking and even though it's a bang for my buck and every piece is a good toy on its own, it looks rather disproportional, i can finally understand why combiner groups are as they are as this problem is avoided. Back to computron! With the impressive job Fansproject did on the combaticons, I'd kill to see what they could do with the technobots hence computron, the leader, scattershot was a great toy with great transformation and robot mode, the others straffe, afterburner and lightspeed were are also great, nosecone , im not too fond of. But surely this would be a masterpiece if Fans Proect was to weave their magic on this bunch!

Swoop (M)
    I own it, and unlike his fellow bulky dinobots he's a dangly, scrawny little thing, which does his animated counterpart hardly any justice. He definately is worthy of a masterpiece upgrade. I can already vision a masterpiece pteranodon mounted on my wall!

Apeface (F)
    Along with Brainstorm my favourite of the headmasters. Though we never saw much of him in the animated series, I enjoyed every bit of screen time allocated to him. As for the toy, his robot mode was okay, it just had to much bulk on the back making it difficult to stand, the jet was quite nice but did little to conceal some of his appendeges, the gorilla mode, in a nutshell, sucked! With the fantastic job done on Springer this triple changing headmaster could benefit from a fans project treatment!

Blurr (H)
    I've never owned him, I've never even seen the actual toy but from what I've seen a henkei upgrade is definately in order for the fast talking speedster, It would also be the icing on the cake if his targetmaster hangwire could be included in his upgrade!

Jazz (H)
    I can't even believe I'm having to write this, I'm surprised that one of the most popular autobots has not received the henkei treatment. I love this guy, I've had this toy a total of 6 times for all sorts of reason, got lost, stolen, damaged, you name it, it happended to any of my Jazz's.

Galvatron (M)
    I wont be surprised if he is the next Masterpiece to be released, they've already given masterpiece treatments to the other G1 leaders so why not? Besides has anyone seen the toy released in the 80's or the latest renditons in which is alt mode is a tank. Jesus! What next a new prime figure that transforrms into a bicycle?????????? A masterpiece upgrade with a matrix dangling from his neck paying homage to 86 movie will be a real treat to all G1 fans.

Tracks (H)
    More of a sentimental one to me, the G1 was actually a very good toy, both modes actually, still he resembled the comics version than the animated, the comic version was more akin to Optimus in terms of the way his mouth was designed, he looked better than he did in the animated series in my opinion. Not much can be done for his vehicle mode as this is outstanding but perhaps better articulation in robot form and a more animation accurate figure will be gladly welcomed.

Snapdragon (F)
    A much sturdier robot mode than his horrorcon counterpart, Apeface, a much better looking vehicle mode as well, but is seriously let down by his beast mode which resembles a dragon as much as my washing machine does! Again an upgrade would be most enticing!

Trailbreaker (H)
    Not one of my personal favourites, the vehicle mode is is accurate with respect to the animated series but the robot mode leaves a lot to be desired. The robot isn't just highly inacurrate to his TV counterpart, it's just ugly! A henkei upgrade will definately be required for this autobot!

Brainstorm (H)
    This was quite a good figure anyway so an upgrade won't enhance it that much however it was a sentimental favorite of mine and besides I was not impressed with the fans project hardhead (headmaster). I would like to see a headmaster done properly, one which will be screen accurate in every single way and I would like it to be Brainstorm!

That's my wishlist, what's yours?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Moved to Toy Discussion.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I want Classics updates of pretty much all of G1 :lol 

But at the top of my wish list are Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Soundwave, Shockwave and Blitzwing.

I'd die of happiness if all the Dinobots got the MP treatment to match the sheer awesomeness of Grimlock. But I know that'll never happen. I'd be happy with Classics versions of them too. I'd rather Sludge, Snarl and Slag be Voyagers along with a new Voyager Grimlock but since Generations is Deluxe only I'd settle for Deluxe versions of the other four Dinos to go with Classics Grimmy.

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Really? We've got Gen. Blurr,Jazz, & Tracks coming out in Spring 2011.

(On-Thread)
    MP Swoop,Slag,Snarl, & Sludge.
    FP Masterpiece Ultra Magnus' Armor set.

5. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

I would like all my favorite toys like prowl, ratchet, bumblebee the MP treatment but I don't think there would be high enough demand for those characters as $150+ toys and I can't wait a year per toy.

Between Classics/Henkei/Fansproject, I play a game of minimizing use of money for maximum looks. I prefer Classics over Henkei cuz they're cheaper and only get Fansproject if I can't find what I'm looking for in the C/H line. For me, the cliffjumper was too much for me even if I could buy it for $48 right now.

6. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Warbot Sandychopperman (Sandstorm) and Warbot Lt. Boat Plane Carrier (Broadside) would be awesome to complete the definitely not the Triple Changers line up from FP.

CHUG Wheeljack.

More MP Dinobots, but it won't happen. Shockwave and Soundwave.

7. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hmm, up to 15 TFs that I want to see get the Henkei, Masterpiece or Fans-Project treatment? Let's see here...

1) Movie-verse Blackout as a Masterpiece -- It would be pretty sweet if Takara manages to come up with a transformable, Leader-class size Blackout figure to release as a Masterpiece.

2) G1 Sixshot from Fans-Project -- I bet Fans-Project can easily come up with a transformable Sixshot that changes into all 6 forms a lot better than what Hasbro and Takara could do if they were to release him in Generations/Henkei.

3) G1 Shockwave as a Masterpiece -- I know there was a rumor that they might make such a figure, but still it wouldn't hurt to say that he definitely deserves a MP figure.

4) WFC Barricade for Henkei/Generations -- You guys knew that was coming, didn't you? :p 

5) Blitzwing for Henkei/Generations -- Might as well release the last Decepticon triple changer for the Henkei/Generations line to go with Astrotrain and Tankor (Octane).

Will list more later.

8. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with this 100%

9. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Henkei redecos of next Spring's Generations line-up.

Thanks.

10. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
  11. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

Okay

G1 Sixshot by fansproject would be a huge success.It's sixshot.I know I would buy him.Also in scale with the classics line.

G1 shockwave as a henkei figure or masterpiece figure.He is the ruler of cybertron and overthrew megatron twice in the comics.

G1 blitzwing by fansproject.After seeing the stand alone figure known as warbot defender.I am confident they could make a blitzwing.Classics size of course.

G1 weirdwolf or skullcruncher as a henkei toy because they need an update.

And last but not least,any combiner from g1 by fansproject.They upgrade set for bruticus makes me say that.

12. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 Predaking by FansProjects FTW.

13. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

1- Generation/Henkei Wheeljack - One of the last remaing "major" character left to get the CHUG treatment, make it happen please!

2- Generation/Henkei Soundwave - I've seen a lot different Soundwave comming out recently-ish (Titanium, Animated, WFC, Music Label even), but each one seems to not just quite fit with the CHUG line. Especially as most of them are deluxe sized, I want a bigger Soundwave! Either voyager class or if they can pull a Lockdown trick with a deluxe mold if would be perfect too!

3- Genertion/Henkei Shockwave - Opposite to Soundwave, not much love for poor Shockwave outside the recent Animated. Again, a voyager-ish size is 'required' here :) 

4- Generation/Henkei Trailbraker - To complete the original cast of Autobots, and would be a welcome update for a character long forgotten by Hasbro. Recolor and remold possibility for Hoist is a plus, and they could maybe even do Skids with the mold (as I don't think they'll create something new for Skids), I would be happy with that.

5- Fansproject Devastator upgrade - I want them to top Bruticus for an even better combiner upgrade! Finish of the Energon (not sure?) combiner with a bang! Personal bonus point as I actually own this one and would appreciate the upgrade even more (still need to track a Bruticus at a decent price :( )!

14. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

Anything Shockwave would be nice, however, a MP would be AWESOME !!!

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Chances of seeing MP Swoop: 0%.

Chances of seeing MP Galvatron: 100%.

16. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    MP Galvatron wins this discussion

17. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei:
    Leader size Sludge. He is the only dinobot not to have had a real update yet (besides the BWII dimetridon repaint) I want him to be really big, and we have been too long without a diplodocus / brachiosaurus / verybigwithlongneckandtailsaurus Transformer.

Trailbreaker: for the nostalgia.

The triple changers: I liked the updates on Astrotrain and Octane. I would love to see Springer, Sandstorm, and specially Blitzwing and Broadside get a worthy update.

Raiden: A new combiner team made of updated versions of trains from around the world, including the newest japanese bullet train, some iconic american diesel engine, the BigBoy steamer, etc.

Piranacon: Update the seacons with really seaborn looking monstrosities, not just fishes with legs.

MasterPiece:
    Blackout: I haven't been interested in the Human alliance toys, but if Blackout gets the treatment, I will jump on him the day it hits the shelves.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    classics starsaber and victory leo that combine
    classics overlord
    fp liokaiser