The Headmaster robot *speculation*

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Reflector Unit, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I was rewatching "A Bridge Too Close" and I got to thinking...could it be alive now? Could it have somehow gotten a shard of All-Spark or something when Megatron took it to force Bulkhead to build his space bridge?

The only basis I'm going on is this:
    [​IMG]

The Headmaster unit could never make it's own expressions before, it was an inanimate, piloted device. Granted, maybe I'm just reading too much into nothing, but let's say I'm RIGHT. Where do you think they might go with this?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, I think that's nothing more than an animation error. If you're right, though, I can see the Headmaster unit surviving 'A Bridge Too Close', upgrading itself and building a transformable body to go with it. Maybe even building itself an army while it's at it. Cue proper Headmaster Transformers, waiting to be recruited by either faction!

3. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

It would be a great entry point for the Headmaster gimmick, and I'd be happy even if it's only a couple (or even one--I'm openly a fan of mechanical gimmicks like Headmasters and the various other *masters from G1).

4. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

It's probably just an animation error. Even so, it would make an awesome plot development, not to mention a cool new Deluxe toy. But considering its past actions, I doubt either the 'Bots or the 'Cons would be willing to let it join them.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think it was intentional - the Headmaster had a grim expression when Sumdac first connected to Starscream. I don't think you should read into it too much - although I have always said with those antennae at the side, he'd be a dead ringer for Scorponok's head in different colours and with a visor...

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that it's probably just the animator working that scene not knowing the Headmaster unit isn't supposed to emote. (and no one else noticing, or feeling it was worth the time/money to go back and correct it)

I like the idea of a Headmaster unit being allsparked to autonomous life somehow though. I also like the idea of a Transforming Headmaster toy (lil' robot to head, probably Activator or even Legends-class)

7. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Oh please, no more G1 "The Rebirth", pleaaasseee..

Just let it be an animation error, please. >__>

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't think it was an error, just an animation joke. I wouldn't put it past them.

9. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

Why not? Scorponok and the Targetmasters were cool. I also thought it was a nice touch how they established what a liability becoming Headmasters was, as the heads could go off and do their own thing, even if it went against their Autobot partners, and effectively made the Autobots helpless to stop them.

10. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

animated headmasters would be awesome

11. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    My biggest disappointment with the series so far is that the Headmaster was one of those 'Human Super-villains'. I was looking forward to at least one proper headmaster toy, since Hasbro isn't interested in giving us one in the Universe line, and neither are the japanese. The last ones we got were Omega Supreme (who should've been much better for his size class, shame on Takara for being lazy) and Armada Sideways (who, as far as I can tell, is a brick!). At least Armada gave us some decent 'Targetmasters' (gestalt weapons, mincon prowl, etc...).

A proper headmaster is on the top of my list, along with a proper Gestalt. We haven't had any good ones since RID (and I actually liked the Energon ones, but even I admit they weren't nearly as good as RIDs). Good baseformers would be nice too, I'm sick of spending entire paychecks to get G1 bricks just to have a couple baseformers around. Fort Max would be awesome to have remade, even if animated.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It"s alive!!!!!1111!!!!!!1!!!11!!!!!!!

13. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

I was hoping that, maybe, Omega Supreme could be a triplechanger, with his ship mode opening up into an impromptu base. That'd be bitching.