The Hatchlings

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jametron, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    How are/were they created? In the first film, the AllSpark is destroyed and as Starscream explained in ROTF, the hatchlings need energon to grow and survive... HOW were they even created without any of these things? Were those particular hatchlings created by the AllSpark before it was destroyed? I haven't read any of the prequel novels/comics (save for "Ghosts of Yesterday") so can anyone shed any light on this matter?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I don't know if it's ever been explained in the movie or in the movie novels.

But I think it's safe to assume that these Hatchlings were created sometime before the All-Spark was destroyed.

3. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Perhaps this explains the existence of the hatchlings:

NOTE THESE SENTENCES:
    In ROTF, the Nemesis had a hold of stasis pods containing thousands of hatchlings. Seen when Megatron arrives after being resurrected and single-handedly pins Starscream against several of them. Resulting in one of the pods to break open and causing the hatchling inside to fall out and die.

In the IDW 2007 Movie Prequel (Issue #1), Optimus Prime made the decision to launch the AllSpark blindly into space from Cybertron has a last ditch effort to keep it away from Megatron. In the cube's absence, the Decepticons must have used this technique. Attuning the hatchlings to an energy wavelength similar to that of the AllSpark and then applied a concentrated burst of whatever energon they had available aboard the Nemesis at the time.

In ROTF, Starscream meets up with Megatron and The Fallen announces that they had an agent within sight of the boy and that he was eager to get that energon, stating that the hatchlings would keep dying without it.

If you're still in disbelief, check out the text on this link: Reproduction - Transformers Wiki

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I think there is a connection to the Hatchlings and the Fallen.

We've not seen any evidence of such creatures other than the ones lining the decimated internal walls of the crashed Nemesis, where the Fallen seems to reside on life support. I think he showed the 'cons how to make them, or perhaps did it himself, expecting to harvest them once they extinguished the sun.

This is backed up by the fact the Starscream has to explain to Megatron that without Energon they will die, and also when Megatron slams SS into the pod, causing the Protoform to ooze out, he points out that they are fragile.

Just a couple of thoughts.

5. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

lol, Budding looks not so funny. But i can imagine also it for the movie, just with a smaller "hatchling".

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robot sex.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    A wizard did it.

8. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

invasion of the body snatchers....pod people folks...replication and duplication....

ever heard of a xerox machine?

9. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Maybe the Fallen is like the Alien queen?

j/k

10. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    The Fallen pooped'um.

Seriously though, it's just the Bayformers take on budding/protoform hatcheries/clone tech in they're brand of stasis pods. If it's somehow been missed, the Decepticons in the movieverse have almost metal insect qualities to them. Likely the reason for the egg-sack look of the pods. Drone monsters, copied & pasted foot soldiers, the individuality of them all reduced to your atypical Star Wars clone soldier. Blackout & Grindor, Decepticon Protoform clones by the dozen grown & hatched like alien eggs, multiple Constructicon clones.

It's just clone-tech. Which explains Grindor. I mean do you think anyone outside of a TF forum saw the forest fighting scene and thought "Oh look! It's Grindor! The new Decepticon that looks just like Blackout from the last movie!"? No, much like my wife, hell much like me, we assumed Megs got resurrected, and so did Blackout. Color seemed kind of off, but for all we know sitting at the bottom of the ocean for two years might do that to a metal fella.

You've got the Matrix, the Allspark, building is surely an option, and then there's the Hatchlings who're grown like clones. Just another method, nothing new to TFs. Like the old G1 days where there was no growing of machine men/robots but assembly. Where similar design could be made sense in that in manufacturing replacement pieces for robot people in times of civil war with resources dwindling, that similar chasis & the like might be a norm here & there. Or G2 where lost ancient knowledge showed a painfully morphometric budding process where one Transformer can split off from another preexisting one. Or the Protoforms as known in shows like Beast Wars & Animated where we're never told exactly where they come from, only that they exist in a form of liquidated state and solidify when brought online or given a Spark. And of course there's the olden day Matrix as well as Vector Sigma.

11. MenasorMaster

Grindor and Blackout are completly different decepticons. Just look at the heads.

And we never saw the Robot modes of the Constructicons who form devastator, they could look completly differnt, they only had the same altmode.

the protoform soldiers also had differnt designs, so they are maybe no clones.

12. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You ever read them fanfics about Megatron and Starscream? Yeah, that's how.

By the way, never read them fanfics about Megatron and Starscream.

13. Covenant

Ebay:
    I take it you're talking about the little heads on the toys? Well (A), they ain't that different looking from one another. Perhaps on the TF-loving-geek scale we roll on, but to any casual consumer it's the same toy but a different color. Same-same with the movie. More so considering the entire battle scene is so quick paced. Again, other than TF fans there's no one that would think the never-named-in-film 'Grindor' and the named-only-in-subtitle-once-in-the-movie-from-a-couple-of-years-ago 'Blackout' are two separate individuals.

Certainly, in the fan fiction sense.

LMAO.

Never, ever, ever, ever..

14. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

in jurassic park, they thought only the scientists could create the dinosaurs but nature found a way, transformers found a way too.
    and maybe people are taking the "allspark is responsible for life" rule too literally. Water is responsible for life on our planet, but you don't see babies spontainiously crawling out of puddles.

dig it?

15. MenasorMaster

Okay there are indeed some Protoforms who look the same, but i think there are three different body types.

Typ 1 has a spiked head
    Typ 2 has two horns
    Typ 3 has a different head than typ 1

Also i noticed that some protoforms carry a gun, while others not.

[​IMG]

16. Covenant

Ebay:
    I'm seeing different angles & differences in closeness to the camera, but not a whole helluva lot of differences there.

17. MenasorMaster

But when you watch the movie in slow you see the differences, believe me.

18. Covenant

Ebay:
    I've seen the movie plenty of times. The differences claimed amount to little more than Star Wars Clone troopers having different stripes of colors on their outfits and carrying different guns. Grown clones are grown clones.

19. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

:lolol :lolol :lolol 

20. MenasorMaster

But i doubt all decepticons in the movie except SS, Megs and Soundwave are clones that would be lame.