The Hasbro SDCC 2012 exclusives PTSD thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, you shouldn't have been upset if you missed it. It's an exclusive that EVERYONE and their mother wanted. It was blatantly obvious it was going to sell out instantly. Also it's just a toy. It's not worth getting legitimately upset over. I was also checking every 15-20 minutes since Monday. I don't feel I wasted my time, even if I hadn't gotten one.

It's like playing the lottery. Don't assume you'll win and get angry when you loose.

2. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The SDCC and G2 Bruticus are the only ones I wanted to get.

I got the log out glitch too. I don't see why a message couldn't come up to say that you times out or at least redirect you to the log in screen as you try to check out. I complained about it to HTS and the lady said she would suggest it to the people higher up.

Also I wouldn't expect a release date for next years exclusives either. She said they chose not to give a release date so that the site wouldn't crash like years prior and that it worked.

At least I got the G2 version on preorder. I don't like the retail one.

3. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I'll tell you, I am sooo happy that I don't care anymore. I stopped collecting main line Hasbro after the first edition fiasco. Figured I would buy the FOC line for sure, but as soon as they made the main color version of Bruticus a SDCC exclusive I knew this crap would happen and decided to skip them. I got my first release cases with BBTS refunded. Hasbro has been completely dropping the ball. I went from buying doubles of everything to buying nothing. I think the main line release of Bruticus is going to be the shelf warmer of the year.

4. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

News Credits:
    I can't believe I missed out on Cliffjumper ): then my back up plan of getting the RID version with Knockout on Toys R Us.com also failed ):

5. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Mine are coming in tomorrow, X-Force and Bruticus, I ordered them on Friday from ToyArena just to avoid what happened today. Cliffjumper was a bonus today.

6. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been on travel for my job this week and had very limited access to the internet. I was following it closely in my hotel room each morning, but today was the day unfortunately. I really wanted bruticus and it would have been nice to get a shockwave/hisstank, but I didn't get anything. :(  It's a real shame hasbro used the best colored version of bruticus as a very limited exclusive.

7. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    "Best" colored is a matter of debate. I, for one, think the retail deco has a lot of substance, and the Wreckers version is just beautiful.

8. Outsider4Life

Outsider4Life Well-Known Member

come on guys no reason to be upset. Look at it this way you just saved $100+ that you can spend on some really nice 3rd party stuff. If hasbro doesn't want your money, I'm sure some 3rd party does.

9. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Guys really I am so sorry. I pretty sure I understand how you guys must feel because I was there with ya all the past couple of days. I had to go back to work today and figured I missed my chance as they would've ended up in the early morning. Luckily I caught a break at work and was able to get on line and get myself one. But I'm pretty sure I would've been ticked if I missed it after taking off work Monday and Tuesday.

And to the others that are saying they are just toys and not to be upset. I understand what you are trying to do, but at the same time, let these guys be upset. It was something that they were looking forward to, and most put in a lot of hours camping the site. This is pretty much the Big Ticket Transformer item of the year. So again, a little empathy goes a long way. They will get over it, it's just a bit raw at the moment.

10. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Believe me, if anyone should have missed out on Bruticus it was me. I was on my Laptop waiting for them to come on. Since I figured my Laptop would be faster then my PC. So when I hear they are up I rush to purchase him. I tried checking out on my Laptop but it wouldn't let me.

So, I had to rush on to my PC, log in, and try again. I was able to proceed to checkout and tried paying with PayPal. But HTS wouldn't let me. So now I had to enter my new card information, which I did as fast as I can. I kept going through the steps and was--against all odds--able to get this bad boy.

I feel for those who weren't able to get what they wanted.

11. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't think so many people cared about this Bruticus. At least you guys have that $100 to spend on another, cheaper, version of him if you still want the molds for whatever reason.

12. sokutai

sokutai Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    things i learned this year from the sdcc wait
    1.logging in did not help actually lost me some items :(  the check out system is convoluted and if something sells out while in your cart gotta go back a step delete it which takes to long items didn't appear in the new to hasbro toyshop category this year
    2.plan for longer wait next year watched entire lotr trilogy and 2004 world series while waiting
    3. hasbro toy shop isnt in charge of putting the items up its cooperate and they didn't tell hts customer support anything
    4.got less that 10 min once they go up (for the good stuff =)
    5.don't even look on Monday
    im happy though got 3 outta 8 items i wanted

13. D-Compose

D-Compose wCw United States Champ

News Credits:
    I'm devastated that I missed him, I was there refreshing for the 3 days. I got nothing at all that I wanted. I'm not going to wine, what upsets me is seeing them getting listed on eBay right after. For those people, I hope they don't get them and they have to tell the buyer, don't have the product and they get some negative feedback.

14. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I'm still upset. I don't know if I should just pay the $200+ on eBay for one; stick with the G2 version preorder that I only had in case I didn't get this one, even though I don't really want it; or pack it up,admit defeat, and get nothing. -_-

15. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    my story:
    i knew when SDCC ended and my dad signed me up for a two week hockey camp that happened to start THIS WEEK. each day i have to get up at 6 and the camp ends each day at 4:30. my only hope was that mom would be able to get me one and she has a busy-ass schedule but she at least has an iphone and ipad whereas i'm stuck with a shitty virgin mobile phone. she was in meetings most of the day and could barely check but when she saw it, it was sold out. and even if Bruticus went up after 4:30, i still have to wait an hour for my to pick me up and drive me home.

here i am now with no hopes of SDCC Bruticus and i happen to be an enormous Combaticon fan. on top of that, i feel like shit, i feel like my muscles are being torn out by wolves, i'm cramping up, i lost 200 dollars without spending a single dollar (i'm pretty sure my neighbor stole it when he was taking care of my dog while my dad was in SC and i was in Col.), and the week's only half way over and the hockey camp's only a fourth of the way done. so yeah, i'm pretty upset

EDIT: oh and i want every one on ebay (unless one of those people happens to be on here as well) who's selling these for 250+ to die

16. Benaresu

Benaresu Well-Known Member

My story isn't too elaborate:

I had my wife on the lookout for me. I told her it would probably be Tuesday. She sat all day at the computer while I was at work and again all morning long this morning.

They went up, she added HISS Tank, Bruticus and a Derpy to her cart. During checkout it told her her credit card wasn't valid. HISS Tank sold out. She went to check out with PayPal. Bruticus sold out. Feeling bad I didn't get either of the ones I wanted, she passed on Derpy.

17. Crossfire-034

Crossfire-034 Insensitive jerk

That's a little extreme. :lol  Don't blame the sellers, blame the people willing to pay that amount for a plastic toy.

I too missed it, but I don't really care now. The shipping/taxes would have been waaay over-priced, and as I have said in multiple threads, I plan on painting these guys up in G1 colours anyways. Retail release for me, I guess.

18. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Looking back on it, I did learn the valuable lesson that HTS will sign you out and not tell you directly. It helps to know that when making purchases!

Bring on the 2013 Exclusives, I'M READY.

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    ^ yeah next time something like this happens, i'm NOT going to hockey camp. that's my lesson learned

20. battleboy

battleboy Admiral of Awesomness

I went out for about an hour and when I got back they were up and gone... Life lesson: don't go outside...