The Hasbro SDCC 2012 exclusives PTSD thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Jul 18, 2012.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After camping HTS for 3 days share your sadness on how you missed out on the exclusives here.

I was lucky I got most of what I wanted, sans what I wanted most Destro & Shockwave! First I put everything in my cart and had to re-login. I had Jem in my cart for my sister, but it sold out as I checked out. I had to go back to my cart remove Jem and check out again. This time Destro was sold out! Rinse and repeat, go to checkout and the credit card info I updated Sunday night was gone! So I had to enter my CC info (luckily I know it by heart) and I finally got the rest of my order placed. I may have done better then some of you but it wasn't a full win for me either.

-=UPDATE=-

If someone in this tread comes across whiney, or seems to be bitching, that's OK, that's kinda the point of this thread. So please go easy on them. There are people that have taken days off of work in their efforts to try and secure some of these toys, and came back empty handed (minus cliffjumper)! While that is the nature of the beast, it's a hard pill to swallow.

-=Another Update=-

My grandfather was a highly decorated Marine Corps fighter/test pilot who served from WWII to Korea, and I have nothing but the highest respect for military men/women. Using the term PTSD is not a slight against them. PTSD is not a military term, it's a medical term. One that was over used by the news media in relation to military service people dealing with issues post active duty. Hell people who've never seen active duty get diagnosed with PTSD, not to mention mothers after child birth, kids who were bullied, the list goes on and on. If anything those who suffer the horrors of war should have their own term for dealing with that unique set of issues.

The whole point of this thread is STRESS RELIEF! Come on people lighten up.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Props to the WKoB for sticking with it for 2.5 days. Sincere apologies to anyone who didn't get what they were hoping to.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Took Monday and Tuesday off and wasted both days in front of the computer from 7am to 8pm. Not happy that they put them up today and that I wasted two days for nothing.

4. Ruthless Cynic

Ruthless Cynic Well-Known Member

I waited for 3 days, had all three in my cart, and checked out. Got an SSL error. browser refresh, then Hisstank out of stock but Bruticus in stock. Fine checkout again. That goes out of stock. I am so angry.

5. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This was the first year I didn't try to catch anything on HTS.

6. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Wanted HISSwave. Missed it. Skipped CJ, but he's still there.

7. 9.8m/s^2

9.8m/s^2 What's in a name?

Three days. Did everything right, staying logged in, making sure credit card info is absolutely correct. Was F5-ing when they went up, couldn't have been more than a second or two behind anyone else.
    All I wanted was Bruticus, so hey, easy, right? TWO CLICKS. Buy, Checkout.
    Except Checkout doesn't work. It fails for nearly five minutes, after which it suddenly switches to "out of stock, please remove this item from your cart".
    Called HTS, and the response is, "someone from corporate will contact you. Someday."
    I'm so angry right now.

8. AutobotMaximal

AutobotMaximal Covert Collector

Supply and demand. Except that the supply is not large enough to correspond with the demand.

9. MrAmericanIdiot

MrAmericanIdiot Active Member

I took my eyes off the page to finish off some homework and I missed it. Congrats to those that got what they wanted.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Fucking log out glitch. I had everything, then I read someone say "manually log out, then log back in" great, everything's already long gone, so I had Cliff and Masters of Evil, then PayPal OF ALL TIMES, tells me to re-confirm my bank account number, WHAT THE SHIT?! So I lost Masters of Evil, got Cliff (at least that).

Being pissed, and in an emotional stupor, I dropped $225 for Bruticus on eBay, for the purpose of getting one with a seller that allows returns.

11. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    They actually said "someday"? And I thought Wal Mart customer service sucked.

12. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I've been camping since midnight PDT Sunday going into monday, with a grand total of only 8 hours of sleep since waking up at 11am PDT on Sunday July 15th. All of that energy, time away from my woman, shitty fast food, being banned from a thread, foiled by a fucking glitch...

But...such is life...

13. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Waited since Sunday night, went two sleepless nights, had Brute in my cart the literal second he went up, won't let me checkout, run downstairs to my computer (I was on HTS on my phone), put him in the cart again, get all the way to "Pay"...

"The item you've selected is out of stock. Please remove it from your cart."

Sigh. Not even mad, just profoundly disappointed.

14. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Guess it really WAS a danger zone.

15. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

I waited for three days, refreshing constantly. During work.

I go to lunch and even bring it up on my phone. I was hoping against all odds they wouldn't go up.

At 12:07 I stopped to actually eat. (Seriously... Two microwaves in front of me in the lunch room, that was the time.)

At 12:08 they went up.

My dad distracted me with BSing.

At 12:16 I think to refresh again.

Bruticus is gone.

:'(

I don't even think I'm mad. Moreso just extremely disappointed in myself for thinking I had a chance. And have blown a better chance from before the Con...

16. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    It truly was a zone of danger.

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Still can't belive that the real colors were the exclusive in the first place...

This whole thing has been aggressively ******ed.

18. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I could write a long paragraph about I did and went through, but I won't. It's just toys, after all.

I'm just amazed Cliffjumper sold out.

19. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    That's why I'm thinking about skipping on the FOC line. I had pretty much everything in my cart but chose to dump my order. Constantly going back and forth and adjusting my cart because items were going out of stock was just too much so i said Fuck it!

No game accurate Bruticus means no other game accurate FOC items or game purchases from me. Sorry Hasbro and High Moon Studios but I'm not going to support your game or toys, not this time.

20. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    That's why I'm voting with my wallet and not supporting the FOC line. And I just opened FOC Jazz this morning too...lol