The Harvester...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rhinox007, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Silly idea I had while I was watching the movie: we know that the Harvester is a giant machine built to destroy suns for energy.
    Now my thought on this was: could it be an impression of Unicron?

a line-up of semi-similarities I saw:

big machine(harvester) - unicron can be seen as a big machine
    eats sun for energy(harvester) - eats planets for energy(unicron)
    is feared by everyone except a few decepticons(harvester) - is feared by everyone while sometimes the decepticons use him(unicron)

The only thing that I can think off that can dispower my statement is that the Harvester isn't a transformer and that I have read an interview with Roberto Orcci on rottentomatoes. He explained that there was an idea for tf3 with unicron but he wasn't that keen on it because of the size of Unicron and that there would be a lack of emotions for him(I can't explain it that well, check rottentomatoes for the full interview.)

So what do you guys think about this?

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    possible-did you aso notice it ooks like the original Decepticon base being built in G1's first 3 episodes

3. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

not really no, to be honest, I havn't seen G1, only a few episodes thanks to the ROTF game (Yeah, I know, I should be ashamed off myself:) )

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    lol-first 3 episodes-go find them on youtube, the simiarity is actually quite surprising

5. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

just fast skipped trough the episodes, gonna watch them later because I was quit amused by the small parts I've actually seen, and I have to say: you're wright. There is a similarity is surprising if you can visualize how it would look like in the real world. BUt if I remember correctly(i've been reading transformers wiki a lot) there is a link between the fallen and Unicron, am I wright? So it can bring up the question: does this fact have any link to the Harvester being an impression of Unicron?

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    dont know enough about The Fallen-all i know is that you make good points-maybe they stoe the technology from Unicron? or he stoe it from then to feed his intense hunger

7. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I thought the same thing when I first saw it too.