The hardest to find Alternator?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kickback, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Many Alternators have been a pain in the ass to find. Some more than others. Here's a short list...

- Swerve
    - Red packaging Tracks
    - Red packaging Meister
    - Decepticharge
    - Nemesis Prime (though I exclude him)

But the latest one that seems to be impossible?

- Camshaft (Prowl repaint)

All my friends in Denver, save one, cannot find him. I found one in August by chance at a WalMart and never saw him again.

Your opinions?

2. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

Swerve- I have never seen him in person any where and on eBay he is only sold by that asshole playidia for $130-$210(USD).

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same here with Camshaft.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For me it was Mirage, since I never saw one in a store for months after the initial sightings (and a good long time after I managed to order one online)

I'm glad I have Meijer's stores in my area, or I might never have seen Alternators newer than Ricochet and Rollbar. :p 

5. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I've seen Camshaft a fair bit. Skipped over him every time; same story as Energon Magnus...

All the mainstream stores in town pretty much stopped bringing in Alts from the first run of Tracks until the fishbowl packages like Skids and Sunstreaker. I have never seen a Windcharger except for a buddy's imported BT Overdrive. Heck, I was lucky to find Grimlock and Swindle when I took a trip out east.

6. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Camshaft is one I want to get but he keeps eluding me.

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Camshaft and Swerve. I've never seen either.

Swerve came out when more stores were carrying the line, so not finding it was the most aggravating.

8. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    - Red packaging Tracks
    - Red packaging Meister

These were all over when wallmart had their $10 alts sale i canada. I have never found a DC in the city, same with the other fans

9. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd be *inclined* to say Swerve, since (IIRC) it didn't make it to Canada which Camshaft did.

10. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Saw and bought Camshaft the week the initial sightings came out. But haven't seen him since

11. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

My purely anecdotal belief is that it's Camshaft, because I only ever saw him once at retail and I saw all the others (save Nemesis Prime of course) multiple times. Also, very shortly after his release stores around here starting getting older waves of bubble boxed Alternators again (Skids, Sunstreaker, Ricochet, Rollbar, etc).

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    There's an old thread about this already. Camshaft won.

13. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Swerve and Camshaft definitely. I've seen plenty of the rest. Heck, Nem Prime isn't that bad, even as an exclusive (imo).

14. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Camshaft is the only one I never saw in a store (save Nemesis Prime of course) oddly enough I saw Swerve at least 3 different times, Red Box Meister and Tracks at least twice and thought Decepticharge was easy to find as I saw him all over the place.

But yeah, I bought Camshaft for a hiked up price on ebay because I have never seen him among the sea of Ricochets, Rollbars and Optimus Primes I see everywhere.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I havent seen camshaft at all. I saw swerve once and passed on it thinking, "eh, I'll just get him later". And of course I never saw him again.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Swerve is the hardest for Canadians, Camshaft is the hardest for Americans (I ended up having to get Camshaft in a Canadian box cos I could never find him here)

my personal experience:
    found Swerve at least twice
    found red box Tracks and Meister once (there were 2 Meisters at the same time)
    found Decepticharge and red box Prowl at the same time
    never found Camshaft in stores, ebayed a Canadian one
    never saw Mirage in stores, though a friend of mine picked one up for me when he saw one
    Nemesis Prime: ARGH

17. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

The only ones I've never seen in a store are Nem. Prime and redbox Prowl. I've only seen Camshaft once (got him), and only saw Swerve twice (only got the first one D'OH!). I ordered redbox Meister and Tracks from WM.com when they were available, however, I subsequently saw both of them at WM stores several times each.

With the exception of the exclusive Nem. Prime, redbox Prowl was the only one I've never found in a store.

18. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Saw Camshaft a few times. Never saw Swerve.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I've seen them all in stores, except Nem Prime. Have red box Tracks x2, Meister and Prowl. I actually saw quite a few of the red box tracks and Meister. They sat for a while at both walmarts. Red box Prowl I saw twice and only got one. Picked up a second in the bubble since it has all the car markings on it.

Swerve and Decepticharge eluded me for the longest time. People in my area were posting in the sighting sectoin that they were finding them, however I was always too late and someone always seemed to beat me to them! I got one of each from BBTS when they had them for $37.99. Finally I found them in stores right before the 2005 Christmas season. Tons of them I might add, like the stores were holding cases to put out for Christmas. I saw 3 and5 of each everywhere I went. I got 1 more of each to keep misb.

Now Camshaft, I saw him twice in one day. Once at Walmart, and once at Target right down the road. I bought both, have not seen him since. At least once thoses swerves were put out, they did sit for a few weeks. The walmart restocked a few times I think, however with the wave with Mirage, Prime, Tracks and Meister. Poor Camshaft, they must not have thought he would sell well.

20. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw plenty of Swerve when he was shipping. In fact, he was warming shelves at the local TRU for awhile.

I'd have to say that Camshaft was the hardest to find. I only saw two of him in the stores, and I go hunting daily.