The Great War: Ratchet's Past and the Great War Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Feral Magnus, May 29, 2008.

1. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

So in the Beginning of the Animated Season, we learn that Optimus Prime is viewing visual records from the Great War, a War that Ratchet participated in. Seeing as visuals from G1 were used and some flash backs of Ratchet during those days, does anyone think that the main commander in that war was someone other than Ultra Magnus.
    The Great War that is usually referenced to in transformers is the G1 series with the original Optimus Prime and Megatron. Also since this Megatron is the one and the same that fought in that war, there must be a Great Commander that fought in the war that was Megatron's Rival. I doubt that it was Ultra Magnus as Megatron would have given some insight against him in the show.

What are your thoughts? Do you think there is a Possible Commander Optimus Prime (probably without the Prime as that is a rank now)?

2. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    It was Joe Convoy.

3. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    No it just a G1 reference for The GeeWeener to seen.

4. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

I don't think he's asking if G1 is connected to Animated. I think he's asking who we think the commander was during the great war in Animated since Magnus and Megatron don't seem to have much of a past.

Interesting question actually. Wonder if we'll find out. Rodimus perhaps?

5. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I think Animated Megatron is has been the one and only Decepticon leader. Ultra Magnus doesn't really seem as imposing as Megatron though, so perhaps Magnus took over when the Autobots were already winning so he had an easier job.

6. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Magus can't deal with anything nowadays :( 

7. Gir

Gir I want to be a mongoose

Maybe it was Rodmius (Prime) for a change who was the commander during the great war. We havn't seen him in animiated yet.

8. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Or perhaps, the two simply didn't face each another on the battlefield ever. That can happen.

9. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Hm..i'm ok with Ultra Magnus being the Autobot Supreme Commander but Rodimus being one during the Great War? Could be, i mean in Energon he kinda was a legendary hero or something and Animated is not exactly like G1. I was going to suggest him as Prime's rival but we already got Sentinel. Anyway, i'm kinda losing the topic here. XD
    Eh, good question. We barely know nothing from the old war, i would like to see any more info about it in upcoming seasons.

10. Julliant

I would prefer that. Yea it's just a cartoon but a little less drama would be nice, it's not likely the leaders of two factions would face other in the battlefield involving large numbers.

Yea he was flattered in Energon, that was enough. He could be a newlyu promoted Prime suffering from low self-esteem.

11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    My theory is that Optimus Prime himself was the supreme commander.

Then during the great war, something absolutely horrible happened to him, causing him to forget his past.

Maybe it was the same thing that made Arcee forget who she is.

Without Prime, the Autobots were forced to rely on the spacebridge technology to win the war.

Prime with a possible memory loss can explain his strange interest in the old war visual records and his curiosity to hear more of Ratchet's old war stories, even discuss them with the old timer.

It always seems that Prime is searching for something within those old war records, and is trying to remember things long forgotten.

Perhaps he is trying to find records of the old Optimus Prime, but cannot because the Elite guard had intentionally erased all that information from the war records.

I also think the reason he's in with a group of repair-bots is because Ultra Magnus wants to keep him there, since he just feels Prime's true past and purpose should be left unknown for good because he can't stand losing him again.

12. Julliant

I really like this idea. Very nice twist and original.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I say it was Vector Prime.

14. netkid

News Credits:
    Thanks.

Dammit, maybe I should just become a writer for Transformers. I'm in friggin' Rhode Island for pete's sake!

15. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Wait a minute, when did they say Ani Megs was the same as G1 Megs?

16. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Don't think so or Megatron would have recognized him right off the bat.

Besides Prime is a rank not title for the matrix bearer.

But it does have a valid point here that the Autobots would not have won that easily in the war.

Ultra Magnus does not strike me as good strategist.

Or else he would have seen that Sentinel does not have what it takes to have the rank of Prime.

17. netkid

News Credits:
    Maybe during the great war something horrible happened to Prime while he was fighting Megatron.

Megatron got away and disappeared into obscurity, but Prime got hurt bad and lost his memory.

Just an idea.

18. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

The question is... What is the lifespan in animated for transformers? Are they as durable and ancient as G1 or are they less-durable and prolific.

TFanimated doesn't 'feel' like cybertronians are a dead race unable of reproducing. And Magnus really didn't seem concerned about leaving the crew behind. And while the Allspark is 'important' I doubt they would abandon it to space if it was the sole source of life like Vector sigma or Movie alspark was.

So they could all be really young bots opposed to ancient bots who like G1 Ultra Magnus "has no memory of his birth"

19. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

They do all seem young, but I think that's because it's a kid oriented show. Though Megatron does have a more ancient feel to him than Magnus. Magnus seems more like a peace time leader. Strong, but no real war experience.

20. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

From Ratchet's Flashback, we do see Ultra Magnus giving him some orders, but he did not and still does not seem to be the Top Ranking official of the Autobots. Ultra Magnus seems more like a General in the Army following orders (possibly why he mentions having to discuss matters with Cybertron Command). My question is who was really in charge during the war and was Megatron's Main adversary?