The great thing about discussing games on this board.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We all have our system preferences, and our ideal and favored games. But everyone here is able to discuss them without fanboyistic mudflinging. Now that may be partially related to the rules against it, but still, on specific gaming boards (ie. IGN), you can't really start a conversation about a particular game without someone jumping on you just because that game isn't on their system of choice. People here seem to be gamers before they are fanboys to one system with the hopes that Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo will rerward their loyalty with nude pictures of Mario, Master Chief, or Snake.

That being said. Atari Jaguar SUX!!!!

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

hey! my misb atari jaguar is very nice thanks.

but yeah, i hear what you're saying. but we do have a few fanboys/girls on here somewhere...

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    But the Jaguar had Tempest 2000 and Alien vs. Predator and...and...and...Ok, I'm out.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was kidding about the Jaguar, but it did die a horrible painful death. Still though, it had one of the first FPS Alien Vs Predator games, and it was actually a blast to play.

edit: oh crap, I forgot about Tempest. I rebought that on PSX. That is one bitchin old-school game.

I've owned every game system known to man, except a Wii, but it's only a matter of time, not so much dislike of the system.

5. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Trevor Mc Fur...

And you want fanboyism?!?!? Go to Kotaku.com and read any comments placed under a senews article that mentions at least ONE of the consoles...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Back then, when I was stupid (well I kinda still am), I didn't understand the cocnept of real-time graphics, so I was convinced that all of the prerendered crap in Trevor was real-time and that my Jaguar was the sh!t for pumping that out.

7. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i feel the need to dig out Kasumi ninja...

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I think the only reason we really don't argue about gaming systems is that we're all too burnt out from arguing over TFs.

9. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

What he said. I can give several reasons why each current gen system sucks balls, but I can also give you a dump tuck full of reasons for why the Transformers movie totally sucked balls.

The more I think about it, the more retarded and shitty that movie becomes. I dont have time to spend my tirades on the systems any more.

Also, Im surprised by the number of current gen games that look awesome, but are pieces of shit when you play them. I call that the "Halo Effect".

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, my two big hobbies are games and TFs, but i don't post on Game only websites because the exact reasons you are talking about. Talking to game fanboys is like talking to to someone about religion or politics- you can't disagree or tempers will ignite! So, I am glad to be able to talk a little about games here while I read on TFs.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I never understood what being loyal to one system gets anyone. I mean I can understand not having enough to buy them all so going with the one that meets your interests more.

But with so many games spread out on three systems, it doesn't pay to be strictly loyal to one. And with the exception of the Wii (which has it's own strengths) the graphical power of the PS3 and 360 is so close that it's all going to come down to games.

I seriously wonder if some of these folks thinks that Sony or MS is going to give them a job for supporting them so much.

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are some decent outlets on teh interwebs for game discussion, but I wouldnt go anywhere near IGN.

Kotaku and Joystiq are decent for reading up on game news, but I wouldn't take part in discussion on those sites.

Honestly I wish our gaming discussion forum was a little more active, but I guess we all play a part in that. I need to start up more topics to get the discussion all fired up in here!

13. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Deefuzz is right about the gaming forum needing to be more active, but also the comic forum to be the also.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think the Atari Jaguar is the only system I regretted buying.
    It was pretty bad.

But, you know, I agree with the spirit of this thread.
    I frequent TeamXbox for news, but I never post there.
    Its so stupid, they might have an update on Mass Effect that illicits 30 replies, and 15 of those replies are "HAHA. Eat that Sony!!!!11!!!!1!"
    As if the two thoughts are somehow related.

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mass Effect is and will be incredible, but so will White Knight Story and Super Smash Brothers on Wii. So I guess they should all eat each other under the logic they have heheh.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do agree the game forums could be more active. I will start trying to post a little more, 'specially to say why all your opinions are wrong and Bill Lambeers Combat Basketball is the greatest game of all time!

17. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

all of this speaking of atari gives me the need to chime in: I owned the original, extra large atari lynx!

18. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:

Yes. Yes we do.

But noticably less than other forums out there. I may not own a 360, but I am not going to go around and bash it. My little brother wants to buy one and I support him, he really enjoyed his X-Box and wants to continue with that system.

I honestly think that there is room for the big 3 to co-exist without all the "XYZ company is teh suxors and will not be happy until they have failed miserably so that there is no motivation for companies to compete to make the best product!!"

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...And an add-on CD drive that looked like a toilet...

20. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I started one about board games and it didn't even make two pages, what the hell's up with that.