The Great Sideways Debate

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wollstone, Aug 4, 2010.

?

Is Sideways the same character in every universe?

1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    52.6%
  3. Not Sure

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    This.

I liked the idea of Sideways being a dimension jumping servant of Unicron at first, he was one of the best things from Armada, but then the lame way he was portrayed in Cybertron kinda killed it for me. So I don't really care at this point if the ROTF versions turns out to be the same

2. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I do not.

3. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Looks like I'm in the minority on this one too.

Sideways was one of my favorite characters from Armada, one of the toys that got me into modern TFs (I was given Armada Sideways & Blurr for a birthday) and is one of my top 3 favorite Transformers so having more of him is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

The fun thing about the whole "they killed him in the movie" arguement is that it's already been shown that Sideways can't die. What better way to work behind the scenes in your universe of choice than to make everyone think you're dead?

As far as the changes in personality Sideways is a master manipulator in every way so it wouldn't be difficult for him at all to act completely different from his other incarnations.

Now if only Hasbro would make a purple and yellow repaint of the RotF mold.

4. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

No, cuz' the Unicron Trilogy Sideways and the RoTF Sideways are different. And I don't know about RiD Sideways, because he didn't appear in any fiction, but I think it's the same case.

5. bumblebee-prime

bumblebee-prime Elite Guard

as far as i can tell he has some of the same persomallity style throughout continuity, while powers and apperance change.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll say I'm not a fan of the "multiversal singularity" character concept as a whole.