The Great Jiggles Meltdown of 8-8-07.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

So, I'm sure a lot of you remember that I was laid off a couple of months back.

I worked in Quality on an Assembly line on second shift. Been working on the line since I first graduated high school, and I've been going to school off and on, more on recently as I'm nearing graduation. The job worked well for school hours, I had a good job, decent pay, etc.

Well, inventory was too high so they laid the second shift line off. They called me last week, and offered me a vampire shift job, 5:45 p.m. to 6 in the morning. I wasn't real keen on it, but I figured I'd try it. I didn't realize it was in Die Cast. Yeah, it is cool on toys but it sucks ass to work in a place like that.

So, I go in today and step into the 120 degree hell that is diecast. It's hot as hell, I'm miserable, and I'm sitting there trying to figure out how I am going to do this job while going to school.

And finally I snap. I can't take it anymore. I'm not saying I'm above the work, because I've had a lot of shitty jobs since I've been working there, but I just can't take it. Esp. doing the monkey-push-button job some dumb noob off the street would be put on. I get a guy to take my place and I go to the bathroom and wash my face and look at myself in the mirror and ask if it is worth this. I go outside and call my parents. They tell me to quit, and that they'll help me out.

So, I go back in and call the boss over and say "Look, man. I'm sorry. I hate to do this, but I can't handle this. I'm going home and I don't know if I'm coming back."

He says, "I don't blame you. It's fucked up how they are doing this."

So as I'm walking out, I see two guys I used to work with and they tell me that they are bringing the line back at the end of September. And I'm the only guy in the plant trained to do that job.

So, I'm gonna go in tommorrow and throw myself at their mercy, and hope they'll bring me back with the line. I usually don't get crazy like that, esp. after ten years, but I'm thinking about all the times I went far above the call of duty (and pay grade) to help them out, I'm hoping they'll do the same for me. I don't know if I'll go flip burgers or something, but I really feel that I've been through too much bullshit to be miserable like that.

So, I guess I just needed to vent.

I should be worried as I guess I'm truly out of a job for the first time since I was in highschool, but I kinda feel liberated at the same time. I guess at the least, I kinda walked out on my own terms.

So anyways, wish me luck, say a prayer, etc...

And now KA has plenty of stuff to add to his Jiggles file.

2. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

I know the feeling of being in a job you can't stand, and the worry about future employment. Good luck and all the best.

3. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

Good luck man!

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I wish you the best of luck in this.

Cook up some hooker stew to make you happy.

5. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

You always hope your employers would have the same loyalty to you as you've put forth for them. And sadly that usually isn't the case. Maybe you'll get a break though, as you did say you only "might" not be back tomorrow..Not outright saying you've quit.
    At least you have support from your family though, that's always nice to have. I don't know how old you are, but if you've been able to manage through the various jobs since HS, I'm betting you'll be able to pull this off.

But, there will be that point in your life where you do have to look at yourself and ask if you can/want to do it. And if you don't. or can't..Do it for yourself and walk. Cliche and all, but you only live once. Why do that to yourself?

6. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Good luck, man.

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Play Lotto.

I don't win.

You might.

Luck to ya.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    look on the bright side bub. its better to feel shitty going out of a lousy job, rather than feeling shitty abt a lousy job that your stuck with.

you can always go back to GnR, y'know.

*files away jiggles entry in storage ala raider of the lost ark warehouse scene*

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Good luck Jiggles.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You're loyal, they'll let you come back.

11. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    man jiggles i know how u feel my job sucks too i work the vampire shift and it sucks ass. SO much i cant stand it i want to do something i love not something i hate with a passion.

12. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Good luck bro. If they give you a hard time, go to your nearest Burger King, eat a couple of whoppers and wait around for the right time ;) 

13. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The whole situation sounds like it does suck. I say bite the bullet, swallow some student loans from Sallie Mae, and balls through the rest of school. Just get it done as fast as possible, and go get a job doing some you liked enough to study.

And / or move to Atlanta. It's got its downsides, that's for damn sure, but there's a metric shitton of educational and work-type opportunities just a few hours away from you.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck.

Though we want to see video footage of you begging for your job back.
    Or you could do a re-enactment of the scene in Fright Club where the narrator is in his bosses office.

15. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Sami is right, you didn't flip out and went postal, if anything your breakdown was quite tame, so I don't see why they won't take you back. Good luck man

16. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Best of luck dude. Let us know how it all turns out.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Good luck man! You handled it much better than I would have...I'd have probably snapped and taken half the factory workers down with me lol....so kudos from me!

18. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Step one: Buy a day planner, flip to today.

Step two: Write "MILF Orgy FTW" in red ink on every day up to October 1st.

Step three: Stock up on the rubbers and sex jelly! You're on vacation!

19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

You're out of line.

lol sry j/k. Hope you get back on the September line. Looks like your chances are good.

20. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good luck bud. They should be taking you back..

If not.. I'm sure there's something better you can get with your experience.