the good the bad

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by doomtron, Apr 9, 2006.

1. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    the ugly. ok i have had real problems with the way the movie is being made. speilburgs words were we cant just have big robots crash landing on earth. its going to come from a human perspective one that will limit the amount of tf time considerally. but it will be based upon g1. and it will have a toy line. and we will get to see theyre story on the bigscreen. im just a g1 fanboy who is coming around and hoping to enjoy the movie. thought? comments? am i right is it time to start playing nice?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Who?

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I don't think any opinions can be made about anything untill the movie is actually made.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You know perfectly well who he means. :rolleyes2 

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    It was announced a while back that the TFs won't be heavily featured in the beginning of the movie. I'm all for that. It adds a level of mystique to them that wouldnt be present if they were the first thing on screen, and you know when they DO show up, the big fans are going to be excited as hell.

Since they're apparently not going to truly appear until half way through the movie, I imagine they're not going to introduce their robot forms casually, they're gonna make a big deal about it, and do something really exciting. I think thats exactly the way it should be done. the TFs havent been treated with any sense of awe since the old marvel comics. They're spectacular beings, they need to be treated as such.

focusing on humans for the first part of the movie is the best thing they could have done with this film.

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just hope it dosen't end up like Pitch Black where for 2/3 of the movie the screen is so bright it blinds you. I liked the movie but it's called "Pitch Black" not "Bright as Hell". :D 

I know they have to put in the human element. I just hope it is no longer than about 30 to 40 minutes before they start to show up.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm guessing it'll be less than that. There's a gulf setting to one of the guys, apparently. I'd be willing to bet that in an early scene our soldier out there is flying recon, and he gets something on his monitor. A "foo fighter", something that cannot possibly be man made. I'm guessing we'll get hints like that early on, then a few shadowy hints before the big reveal.

8. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

I agree entirely, they are robots in disguise. We need to see them portrayed as mysterious.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    theres a movie coming out?!

10. Longhaul53

Longhaul53 Guest

1st off... i think you might be taking the man's words a little too literally. Human perspective doesn't mean that the movie will be devoid of the Bot's screentime. The movie is called Transformers, and i would suspect that they will be the stars of the movie. If you were going to do an interview for a movie you were involved with, don't you think you would try to be a little vague and not spoil the surprise?

Secondly, not to seem too nitpicky - But your problem has more to do with the way Spielberg described a portion of the movie... not the way the movie is being made. :peoples: 

To your overall point though, it seems like you are just like everyone here and have some sort of anxiety about the movie, and you are just expressing it. I can understand and respect that. We all want the movie to kick some serious @ss, and until we actually get to see it - everyone will have some degree of that anxiety.

I have faith that the movie is in good hands.

word,
    ej.

11. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

I agree with you completly.
    I'm personnally trying to convince myself the movie will suck, so when I actually go and see it I'll probably be quite satisfied with, just like when I went to see AVP

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    itll probably end up like hulk did, where hulk basically wasnt in the first half of the movie, because the movie was about banner and attempting to control this beast inside him....the tf movie will probably revolve around trying to maintain cover, until it is necessary to just out themselves and go all out full scale chaos.....

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I just hope it's not like Godzilla. I was hoping a movie based in the old toon and I got really dissapointed. :( 

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the human element will not be over-played like...King Kong...I really enjoyed the movie but it took roughly an hour before the big guy turned up...I understand the need for character development but I think it was abit of an overkill in Kong.

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Im just happy that it isnt a cartoon. I think whatever he decides will work well. Much rather have spielburg than lucas making all the decisions

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I think we should all just wait and see what comes out... as long as Spielberg doesn't replace all of the TF's guns with walkie talkies (ie: the rerelease of ET) I'll be happy. Personally, I think the premise looks good and is a good indication of the franchise attempting to return to it's "robots in disguise" themed roots. Which is something I've wanted to see for a long time. The recent anime space opera trend has been quite annoying of late and it's nice to see the original premise of the series return.