The good side of having just 3 movies? according to you

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimoose, Jun 19, 2012.

1. optimoose

optimoose Well-Known Member

For me, if they stay in just 3 movies, it would open a vastness for the fan fictioners to be free to write their own sequels (not to mention the fan arts) in their very own way.

But how would you see that point of view?

2. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    You mean, four or more movies?

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather they make more crappy films so we don't have to read crappy fan fics.

4. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I've actually already done a fan fiction that takes place after Dark of the Moon, and so far it even fits in continuity! :D  TransFormers: Extermination. I've even done a sequel called The Return. :D  (And they're not crappy. :wink: )

5. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I've actually found alot of fanfiction writes actually put more thought and detail into their writings than the film writers and Bay ever did.

Of course that doesn't mean at least half of TF Fanfics are crap, because it's always like that. But some are pretty good.

6. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

...I am a fanficwriter.

We're not amused - YouTube

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    As much as I like the Bayformers trilogy, I always felt that it should stop after three. They may not have been perfect, but where the story left off seemed (relatively) natural and a good place. Are there some things that could've been elaborated upon? Of course. Are there more characters and battles that I'd like to see? Definitely. But hey, it was an adequate ending to the trilogy. I mean, if TF4 is better than the previous three, then I'll probably change my mind on the "end at #3"-thing. But I doubt it will be. :(  I just don't want them to run the movieverse into the ground (even though some think it already has been). So I'd have been happy with DotM being the last as well. Bottom line is, ask me in 2014. If TF4 offers a unique and interesting story with a well-made (by Bay standards) film, I'll be pleased. If it's completely and utterly awful (even by Bay standards), then I'll say "I wish DotM was it".

Don't get me wrong, I'll be there in June 2014, ticket in hand to see what explosions Bay has to offer with TF4. Heck, I'll watch Transformers #17: The Hunt for Rodimus and Wheelie when it comes out in 2045. Or I'll gladly see an eventual reboot if there is one.

Another good thing about ending it here and now is the potential for a GREAT reboot. There's never a guarantee that reboots vastly improve upon sins of the past, but if Bay's Transformers are/were the Burton/Schumacher films, then I would be ecstatic to see the Nolan-quality reboot of Transformers. :D 

8. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    Fanfics, by definition, change the plot and storyline, so a fourth movie wouldn't really make a difference. Fanfics will continue to be written no matter how many sequels are made.

:lolol 

9. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

the only sequels that i know that have past 3 are harry potter and the chronicles of narnia and this because they are book installments

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman (Burton/Schumacher), X-Men (unless you consider First Class to be a reboot), Dirty Harry, Jaws, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings (based on books), Twilight (based on books).

11. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I think Lord of the Rings only has three movies.

Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Lord of the Rings: The Twin Towers

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

12. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Prequel to LOTR comes out at the end of the year, therefore not a trilogy.

13. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Yeah, I just found that out thanks.

14. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    No prob.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Don't forget the glory of the seven Police Academy movies. :p  And apparently there's an eighth one maybe coming in 2013.

16. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's nothing wrong with fanfics (I write one).

Just the crap ones.

17. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

:bay :bay :bay 's and hummers..

18. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Pretty much this. Fic writers often take here and there from canon, adhere to parts and throw away others. Some ignore it completely or re-imagine it. That will never change, no matter how many movies they release.

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics toys where legions of movie figures would be.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Unless the movies are based upon a series of books then I find 3 to be a good number for movies.

Looking at some of the films that have ran past three movies without a major reboot it just seems like it's hard to keep the films interesting. Indiana Jones 4 felt like a disappointment even though I loved the Indiana Jones franchise enough to have watched the Young Indiana Jones TV series. Pirates really lost it's magic in the 4th film. The Star Trek movies only seemed to get worse. Even the Star Wars prequel films were a big let down compared to the fun of the original films.

I know some people find the word reboot the worst word in the English language but thanks to cartoons I've grown to love the concept. A reboot lets you keep some of the old stuff you loved while at the same time it brings all sorts of exciting new things to freshen up a franchise instead of letting it get stale.

Or the other things I've learned from cartoons. It's better to go out on top and keep the love people have for something rather than run it in the ground. Better to leave fans yearning for more rather than feeling like they are just tired of something.

Without some big changes I've got a feeling Transformers 4 might end up like Indiana Jones or Pirates where the 4th film makes lots of money thanks to the foreign box office but doesn't leave people with a feeling of wanting more.