The Gobots: What If...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Aug 16, 2017.

1. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

I'm just waiting for them to do Turbo. But ersatz MP Puzzler would be something of a holy grail for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Well-Known Member

but they already did 'Turbo' a.k.a. Super Car Robo which was not released yet, assuming Action Toys find the Gokin line successful enough to release the entire cast that was based on the anime instead of the Gobot cartoon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

If they haven't released it, it hasn't been done. :p  Otherwise I can say I've written 6 movies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    PS: I am aware of the Guardian Gobots Gestalt Courageous. I am also aware of its counterpart the Renegade Gobots Gestalt Grungy. I'm not looking to repurpose Puzzler as a Guardian and then Monstrous as a Renegade. Monsterous is of the third faction made up of Monster Gobots. I believe most were Devil Invaders in other series. I always keep all three factions seperate. I do like the current suggestions of Hi-Jack & Top Gun.

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

That looks really nice to be honest.

Are they really scout sized cars? I'd love that. They'd be close in scale to G1 Prowl and co.

• Like Like x 1
  6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

However, they scale terribly with Hasbro Deluxes. Now if you had started with the new Legends class and had the Prime, Megatron et al, they'd fit in perfectly. Minus the die-cast, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had the blue car Zybot. Honestly, he was better than some Transformers (looking at you Ironhide.)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Prime Noble

I don't like deluxe cars. Too big. Scout and new Legends class for me.

My entire collection is scaled around G1 Prowl and the Autobot cars. Vehicle scale is everything to me.

I was looking them up. The yellow Lamborghini has a head very similar to Sunstreaker.

• Like Like x 1
  9. G1Prowl

The arm from Puzzler? Yeah, I guess he did.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Really cause Deluxe has always been my favorite size class. Scout and legends are too damn small for me. There's a few I still pick up like if I really like the character and that's my only option for getting them, but for the most part those figures usually tend to have more limited articulation and detail due to the smaller size. Not always, some of them are actually pretty good but those are rare exceptions. The Sharkticon mold I thought was going to be a deluxe class when I first saw pictures of it... well that is until I saw the visible robot hands in beast mode and the back of the robot mode. But still he's a nice figure considering how freaking small it is. I think they could of done better with a Deluxe class but still really nice job for such a tiny toy. He's one of those rare tiny toys that I actually like.

I could understand voyager or leader being too big. As a kid I would sit on the floor or on my bed playing with my toys and anything larger than deluxe just took up too much space and when you're really little some times the larger more complex figures are just hard to play with when you have tiny kid hands. It's a lot easier for a kid to pinch their fingers transforming these things than for an adult cause now my hands are too big to fit between those parts that use to cause problems for me. And I still don't really like the larger toys because they take up too much space and for someone with limited space I don't really like how large most of the figures on my shelf are. Plus there's the cost to think about now as an adult and these big aft toys are a pain in the wallet. Deluxe is a nice price point where there's never going to be enough figures released all at the same time to go over my budget. Voyager and Leader class figures, it only takes one or two figures of that size to break my wallet. Luckily there aren't too many figures I actually like now days and I have a hard time finding the ones I do want anyway, so it's never really too much of a problem. Still it'd be a lot easier for my space and my wallet if everything came in the Deluxe size. I don't mean like get rid of the other size classes, just I wish there were always options available in every size class. Like for instance it'd be nice if Armada had Deluxe sized Jetfire and Overload that could combine with Optimus so I wouldn't need the larger versions. It kinda bugs me that must of the time the characters I want the most are rarely available as Deluxe size toys.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Prime Noble

I grew up on G1. To me the Diaclones are timeless. They're more like models than toys something modern lines never captured.

Articulation isn't a priority for me. Vehicle scale is. Plus the G1 Decepticons don't seem as outnumbered when the Seekers and individual Constructicons tower over the Autobot cars.

12. The Smirker

The Smirker Drifting is my game.

For a guardian name, hmmm... how about fly form?

• Like Like x 1
  13. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I do like that name..."Fly Form take down Puzzler"...

• Like Like x 1
  14. AMG

AMG Old School

Some Gobots stuff.

GB84p4546small.jpg

GB84p4748small.jpg

GB84p5354small.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. G1Prowl

Now I know what to rename Sgt. Hound from the Botcon set once I have it: Dozer.