The Gobots/Rocklords Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Master Megatron, May 18, 2006.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have a complete Puzzler I won for about 30 bucks. I keep watching for a good deal on Monsterous, but no luck so far.

2. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yanno, I remember one time seeing some combining robots that transformed... I think they were monster-type things...

But it can't be Monstrous, cause these guys had little sparking mechanisms. Anyone remember those?

3. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I like Go-bots. And I loved as a kid the way you had females and males in almost equal numbers, especialy since you couldn't say females looked like human females, with breasts and a round a**. The voice work to me was good, and it was kinda neat they didn't have rifles, as they basicly used their bodies to channell energy. And I also liked that in the cartoons, only ones withstanding mutliple blasts were local powerhouse gobots and leader, and even then not always. 1 or 2 shots and the bot was down. And they didn't shy away from blowing things up for real.

5. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Took me a few months but, peiced mine back together, I had 3 from when I was a kid and had to go teh eBay route for two of the other 3. Got the last one from FortMax.com for like $5 or so (good place to look for them). Better articulation than most TF combiners, bends at the elbow, sholder, and the hands open and close. I'd like to find the Japanese version, he had a differant color scheme (at least I think it was the Japanese version).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    Ah Gobots... Two of my favorite figures I'll eventually pick up again, Staks & Loco...
    *sigh*
    Memories!

7. Death333

Death333 aliases: Dx3, Dr. Whiffington, Hellscr333m

News Credits:
    I am slowly building my collection. I had quite a few when I was little and man was I ever pissed when I got a GOBOT instead of a TF. Things are different now that I'm older.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to GOBOT purchases so I don't have many but here's the prize of the collection:

BURNING RETNA LASORS GO!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I must have lucked out when i got puzzler and monsterous cause i managed to get them through four seperate auctions for a grand total of about $20 shipped. Perfect chrome, paint and decals. Only flaw is the lambo on puzzler is missing right front wheel, but dosn't show in combined mode.
    Other than that i don't have very many, half a dozen rock lords, large cykill, hand full of small gobots, and some power armor.

9. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    It was the greatest toy line and cartoon combination ever. If I could have just one part of the 1980s back, it would be mornings spent following their adventures on USA's old Cartoon Express block. Despite all the unpleasant remarks dished out over the years, there's no dissuading me of my appreciation...ever. Hell, at last year's Botcon, during the year of the TF blockbuster feature, who was on my shirts but Guardians and Renegades :p 

Anyway...I've been putting together alot of old GoBots material for a few years, from Tonka production artwork to a 33mm print of Hanna Barbera's movie, and probably have enough to publish a book of some sort. Does anybody think that sounds like something they'd consider buying though?

10. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I'm a fan. I really like Puzzler (obviously) but I'm not overly interested in purchasing any more. Well, I would like to find some of the Super GoBots (I like the weird heads!) as I had a few of those when I was a kid. I loved the cartoon when it was originally aired, but when I watch them now I realize that they are really bad!

11. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Ah, I remember that guy. I still have him, somewhere, along with the jet+airport tow truck combiner. Those guys were awesome.

12. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

Pincer was a good robot and Scorponok largely copied the basic design.

Puzzler and Monsterous were also good combiners. Cy-Kill was also a well done toy. Actually, compared to TFs of the size, Go-Bos tended to have sturdier construction and used metal parts more effecively. Plus they had better robot proportions than most minibots.

Obvoiusly there are some bad points... using vehicle windows as heads was lame(Ironhide) and requiring your first combiners to use regular toys to fill space is cheap. Few bigger toys worth anything.

Some influence lasted though. Armada Jetfire was just deluxe Spay-C with more joints but the same transformation. Movie Prime can impersonate Staxx by leaving his head stowed.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Me I like the car canopy headed super gobots. Ever since I scored Bug bite at a yard sale when I was 12. Never cared for Rock lords though. "Yeah I'm a robot!" *transforms* *clunk* "Now I'm a useless rock!" Lame, lame, lame.

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i had just one rock lord as a kid and guess how long it took me and a cousin to put the dots together and put it in the toilet?
    wow, it transforms into a turd....
    we are gonna call him Bow-L (as in bowel movement.)
    he gets eaten as a large coco-puff, spies on you as he is slowly digested and then poop! errr...poof! he gets released back into the ummm. wherever and reports back to Cy-Kill.

hated Rock Lords.

but there a few novel gobots i wouldn't mind having

15. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fear the Go-Bots Laser Rifle!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The laser rifle rules!! just catching up on some episodes and decided to start with the gobotron saga, I forgot Leader 1 got dissasembled into loads of tiny parts by Cy-kill and I also forgot how kick ass the last engineer was, he's a harder version of Doc Brown!!!!

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I love the Rock Lords. I have waves 1 & 2 complete. But I've had nothing but bad luck getting wave 3. I was trying to complete wave 3 & won a couple auctions on Ebay but the sellers never sent me the items. Then I got outbid on a few auctions in the UK. I finally said to hell with it.

All I need are:

Rock Roller
    Dragonstone
    Rock Shot
    Blast Rock
    Stone Hook
    Stun Stone

I should start hunting for them again.

18. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    He also has the coolest name ever. DEVIL SATAN!

TELLY SAVALAS was in the Rocklords cartoon?! Geez, I was just watching him in "Lisa and the Devil"

19. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Telly is Lord Magmar :lol :

I've got a new Psycho, Herr Fiend, Bugbite, Deluxe Spay-C, and Defender waiting for me at home... I decided to pick-up the Super Gobots collecting again after finding a complete near-mint Destroyer (the Leo-1 tank) at the local comic shop for cheap...

20. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yea! That's what it was, I knew it was something to do with Devil but I couldn't remeber it.