The GMC Topkick is no longer in production. Ironhide needs to reformat to....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by boxerperson, Sep 6, 2009.

1. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

This. And let it be in this color. It's closer to his original red. And this truck is way WAY more badass than the Topkick.

Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. It's a production truck that is fully race ready...the first one that's ever been offered. It's basically epic as hell and wants to eat your face.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    It looks uglier...imo...

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Uh, Bay's got a deal with GM. There's no way they're going to reformat Ironhide into a Ford... unless they go with Saleen like they did with Barricade.

Besides, just because the GMC Topkick is no longer in production doesn't mean that they still can't use the Topkick they got for Ironhide.

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK Dude put an F-150 beside a Topkick and you'll see why ironhide can't turn into a Raptor-150.

5. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They can still use his current for to promote certified used trucks.

6. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yes, I'm aware it's smaller....but with the lift on the SVT and the 8 inch wider bodywork, it'd still be larger than Ratchet.

7. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Bay's deal with GM isn't set in stone. They've put other types of cars in. And Ford is in a better position to outbid GM for involvement in the movie ;) 

8. Lock Cade

But still, he primarily uses GM vehicles. The only non-GM vehicles I've ever seen used were the Saleen S281 Mustang (Barricade) and the Audi R8 (Sideways).

9. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    This.

The 1976 Camaro isn't in production anymore, but they still used it for TF1. The same can go for the Topkick. I doubt Ironhide would re-format at this point.

10. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yup, I know. But it's just a matter of GM giving them the best deal as far as lots of free cars to destroy (that's what Bay said on the commentary for the first movie). GM isn't in the position to keep doing that...they didn't provide nearly as much for the second film, for example, and they drastically cut their marketing expenditures for the second film too. It made the news.

Bay likes big, crazy vehicles and this is the craziest pickup that's ever been built...it'd be right up his alley. If not Ironhide, it'd make a mean-ass Kup. (yes, it's also offered in blue)

11. Lock Cade

The only Transformer I can ever see using that as an alt-mode would be that Dropkick character that was mentioned in The Veiled Threat novel.

12. newguy

newguy i

How about we wait for some real info from Mr. BAy himself.

13. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Um, GM provided THREE concept cars for ROTF, and only ONE for the first film. Besides, the Topkick can run over that Raptor. Did you happen to notice in ROTF that Ironhide's hood was at Josh Duhamel's eye level.

14. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yeah, but the way the topkick is set up, the raptor is 100 times better offroad. The topkick is just a lifted work truck.

And I wasn't talking about the vehicles they provided for characters...i mean all the vehicles they provide for bay to destroy. They provided like, a ton of cars to blow up for hte first movie.

15. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

It doesn't look big enough. And why - why, oh why - does he have to be red?

16. ROTF Sideswipe

ROTF Sideswipe Scientist

I'm not kidding about this.

Just a few weeks ago, I saw a GMC Topkick driving down the road. The thing was HUGE. I don't think it's just a lifted work truck.

17. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

Yup that would be cool too. The truck is just awesome....it'd make a perfect transformer. I only mentioned Ironhide because his alt-mode IS technically obsolete and you can bet Ford is gonna wanna market this truck to hell.

18. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Let Ironhide stay a Topkick. Not everyone who saw the movies went out buying trucks or construction vehicles did they?

*Looks out window to see an Excavator drive down the road*

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not going to lie the ford is better off roader (after all that's kinda what its all about) and I guess being red it is kinda more like something Ironhide would turn into but the deals have been set in stone with GM.

As for the Topkick being binned thats not really news that happened just before GM's bankruptcy

20. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

It really is just a lifted work truck. The Topkick is one size up from full-size and the frame it's built on is modular. The Topkick used for Ironhide wouldn't look nearly as large if it weren't a dually model that had a replaced single-tire rear axle set-up WITH a lift kit.

It is a bigger truck....bu the Raptor is bigger than a regular F-150 as well. It's so wide that it has to run the government mandated running lights that dually trucks and semis have to use. :O