The Gloating Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Mar 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Someone get this dude a beer and $100.

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Me too!

3. madman1366

madman1366 "The Bad Guy"

News Credits:
    Way back before anything started rolling on any of the movies and everything was just in the planning stages we had some spirited discussions on Don Murphy's board about what we thought or hoped we'd see in the movies.

Everyone had their own ideas of what the movies were going to be though I was one of the first people telling folks that the designs weren't going to be anything all that close to g1 and that in all likelihood would probably piss of a great deal of the fandom. CHECK!

People argued me for days.

I thought this movie wouldn't be anything like g1 but would take a lot of elements from g1 though probably not enough for people. CHECK!

I suggested a strong military presence throughout and that they'd be no push overs for the TF's. Check.

I mentioned there being some bots that would make people say who the fuck is that. Again, people argued. Check.

I suggested the bots would look a lot more alien than what we were used to seeing. Double check.

There were also a lot of the more trivial things we went back and forth over. I was the nutty one of course mainly having the same 5 or 6 people calling me crazy. These days, I'm just an ex-poster on that board while the douches that were arguing with me over shit and were DEAD WRONG are now known as some of Don Murphy's most prized stooges.

Funny how shit works that way!

Needless to say I was actually blown away how much the first movie was nearly exactly the way I was envisioning it and even described it in a pretty detailed account. A month or so after the movie, his web site was nuked and all of the original posts were wiped clean.

It wasn't so much as prediction though as it was listening to what was being said and understanding the direction right from the start. At that time Bay wasn't even involved in the discussion yet and we were still being asked for a lot of our creative input. That could be why his message board was "cleansed" after the movie came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.