The Generation One Toys Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

G1 Takara Encore 09 Omega Supreme WA 1300.JPG G1 Takara Encore Sky Lynx W 1300.JPG

eHobby GADEP Model W 1300.JPG KO Taiwan G1 Omega Supreme Front W1300.JPG
    The larger autobots
    MISB, MIB, MISB, Good and Complete in box

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  2. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup ... I've got stickers and Repro parts on the way :) 

3. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I'd love an MP Sharkticon, but I doubt Takara would make it. 3P all the way on that one.

Yeah, I don't know if I'm going to army build G1 Gnaw. I'm content with the TR versions, and I'd rather put funds towards G1 figures I don't have rather than army building any. Maybe in a few years and if I can get a couple more cheap. The funny thing is as a kid, because the figure was given a name, I always just counted him as a unique individual anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

While I do like Devastator, I have the G2 version. Have had it since it was new. But, Devastator is difficult to keep together. Unlike the post movie combiner bots. Who hold together quite well. He also doesn't stand very well either. Due to his lack of heel, and his really terrible foot due to the way Scavenger transforms. With that said, I still think he is a fun toy. Just not as good as the post movie combiners. Which from my experience, hold together way better. Plus are interchangeable. which just adds to the play value.

But like Metroplex, I still like him regardless. Just not as much as let's say, Computron or Abominus.

• Like Like x 3
  5. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    Has anyone here sold or traded a figure they now regret doing? I once had an IGA Hound that was in decent shape and complete. I traded it for MP Ghost Starscream thinking I would one day just get the US Hound release due to the higher quality materials used in it.

I wish I would have just kept it. I mean I like MP Ghost Starscream, but I have little in the way of Unique G1 figures. That was a special one. I do have an MB Ramjet and a China 90s era Springer that's kinda cool to have, and the Fire Guts Ginrai ehobby figure.

I'm not sure even how much an IGA hound goes for these days. This was back in 2011. I traded him at Botcon. Just wondering if anyone else has a similar story.

6. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So, we were talking Fortress Maximus and Encore, so this feels on topic.
    [​IMG]
    He makes a very fine cocktail!
    I'm definitely repeating myself here, but my god...was there ever a G1 toy I fantasized about as much as this guy? When I was first getting back into collecting I used to watched reviews of this guy on youtube over and over. It was such a thrill when I finally got him. Best citybot and quite possibly my favourite Transformer.

• Like Like x 10
  7. Turbine027

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree completely... As someone born in 84, I missed out on many of these.

When I was 16, and original Fort Max was fetching around $500 on eBay, I snagged a summer job doing photoshop work for a home builder and all I wanted to do was save up enough money for this guy!

He was that "Dream Toy" I would never have... eventually replaced with Grand Max as a fantasy toy ... and well ... now that's on the way to my house :D 

Time to track down the Japanese Sparkbots, those 3 recolored Godmasters and a few recolored Micromasters!

I don't think I'll ever own Guard City or Battle Gaia until the KO companies throw one out there..

Oh ...

And a BLACK SHADOW SHELL!!!! ARRGHHJJRGGEGEHJSIABAYICBSYAIAJAGGAGSG

:lol 

• Like Like x 3
  8. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Is this the time when I say I payed 450 usd for a unused stickers Battle Gaea ;-).

Grats on the Grand max..that I will never own.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One day I will own Encore G1 Fort Max. Where did you find G1 Grand Max? How much was it?

10. Turbine027

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the price I can get an Encore Fort Max, I'd definitely be willing to sell my original to someone who prefers that kind of thing and replace.

Grand Max ran me $1200 ... not sure if that's a good deal or not :lol  but it's also more than I ever wanted to spend on a toy ;)  I finally gave up on waiting for an Encore release so that means one will be announced tomorrow :lol 

He's missing two small weapons (Repros en route), large sword (also en route), stickers (thanks, toyhax!) so I guess it beats the $2000 asking prices on eBay

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

For me it wasn't Fortress Maximus, it was Jetfire. What a cool robot he always looked to be in the catalogs. I had no idea Robotech even existed at this point. But he was always that cool one that stuck out. And this is me looking at the toy catalogs like 3 to 4 years after the cartoon stopped being new on TV. lol But, Jetfire was the one I wanted the most as a kid. Followed by PM Optimus Prime, and Computron. Have all three of them today. May have waited roughly 25 years for Computron though. lol

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    MONTH IN REVIEW!
    It's a bit late, but check out what I picked up in May - link is in my sig, beneath a few preview pics. :) 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 15
  13. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

C7D631F0-A33A-4176-AB98-4E8DDB005C8B.jpeg G1 Baby. GF’N 1!

• Like Like x 13
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are these KOs? If so how is the quality, especially the Headmasters?
    Did you get them off Ebay?

15. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is so awesome my friend huge thumbs up. I have 7 of those maybe 8 but couldn't see very well in the middle. You said it best G F'N 1!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

Absolutely! The play value on him is ridiculous. I was lucky enough to have him as a kid and since my parents never throw anything away, now my kids get to enjoy him too! Working elevator, jail, ramps, minibots. You can't ask for much more from a toy. An added bonus is that he scales pretty well with the Disney/Pixar cars.

• Like Like x 3
  17. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ha! That's kind of brilliant. I love it when different toy lines scale well.

So, i've been posting big guys recently, but the little guys deserve the love too.
    Like this adorable goofball!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  18. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Heya - nope, no KOs, all official G1. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  19. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Quick as Lightning

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good. I LOVE the decepticon headmasters.

• Like Like x 2
  20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    By some random stroke of luck, I found a vintage Shockwave and Blitzwing, complete (mostly) at my local collectible shop. Blitzwing is complete except for the spare missile, and Shockwave is missing the battery cover and, weirdly, the left shoulder/bicep. Luckily, I still had my Shackwave who was kind enough to donate his. It's not perfect, but hey, he's in one piece. Even has the hose in remarkably good condition and the gun end.

Blitzwing is the real prize. Whoever owned this guy took great care of it. I almost thought it was the reissue, but nope, it's the original with nerfed launchers and rubsign. Hopefully whoever had to give this guy up takes solace in the fact that it's gone to someone who will cherish it. :D  When I first discovered G1 in the early 2000's Blitzwing was a covetted character, but I never found a price I was comfortable with. $40 Cnd isn't amazing, but it's not bad. (Shockwave was also $40 because we made a deal on if the electronics worked. If they didn't it was $30. The lights do so, technically, he won. :lol )

• Like Like x 2