The Generation One Toys Appreciation Thread! (Only Donuts Post Here!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Superquad7, Jan 15, 2012.

1. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    So, I get the impression that people hate Longtooth. Is that right? Am I basing that on this note about Nick Roche on the tfwiki? Is it just because he sucked in the comics? Of the 'small' pretenders he easily my favourite of the Autobots and probably in my top 3 after Bludgeon and Octopunch. I like 'em all monstery, I guess? Here's hoping he gets an update in PotP. A little Titan Master sized Walrus man is just too good an opportunity!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Cattus Doctus

Cattus Doctus Whiskered Questicon

I think he is a lot of fun, actually. I played with him a lot as a kid.

• Like Like x 2
  3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Diaclone molds go very well with chogokin(s), superobots and the like. Imho they looked like some sort of "evolution" of those. they have written "100% japanese robot" all over them.

And they are the best and beautiest transformers ever! No contest!!!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I loved Actionmasters as a kid. It was great getting classic characters like Megatron, Soundwave and Shockwave that I missed out on. Plus we finally had a Prime closer in scale to Motormaster.

Sadly I sold off most of them in the last 2 years as I wanted to refocus my collection. It will probably horrify you to learn I've decapitated Axer and Sprocket lately to use their heads for custom updates. Sprocket's head fits snugly in Triggerhappy's Titanmaster port so I'm planning on repainting a Triggerhappy based on the cancelled Collector's Club figure.

I'd love someone on Shapeways to make little wings for TR Megatron as the tank turret part comes off to homage the jet from the Neutro Fusion tank.

One last thing, looking at your display, Soundwave should always be at Megatron's side!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. barry

News Credits:
    Nah, keep the two treacherous bastards where you can see 'em!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Janitor

Janitor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed. But my wallet told me "LOOKING is all you get!"

Apologies to vintage owners, but they need to Encore this bish. Make it happen Takara! For old times sake.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Cattus Doctus

Man, that'd be fantastic for multiple reasons. It's not just that he's become so expensive, the plastic's been getting rather brittle as well - it has on my Overlord, in any case.

8. borgified

borgified Resistance is Futile!

@Janitor and @Cattus Doctus, I can agree with your thoughts.. Wasn't there a theory/rumour that TT could put Overlord in the Encore line for the 30th Anniversary release of the Godmaster Animated Series? I know that since the Encore line stopped at Fort Max, nothing was made after that (Fort Max was an astounding success and not a total failure as many have thought). G1 Trypticon was re-issued as a Platinum Edition not too long ago.

Wishfull thinking right here: I would like to see Black Zarak redone as well and hopefully that that TT can figure out a way to avoid the GPS problems that has plagued various figures.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Bearer of the Dead Matrix

YouTube:
    If only. If they ever do reissue Black Zarak, you can bet your swiss bank account that they'll do Mega Zarak first. Which I would be down for, if I didn't already have my own beautiful copy:D . However, the encore line was amazing, TT just shouldn't have judged the survival of the line on such an expensive piece. Personally, I would have done the Protectobots or the Terrorcons, or even...dare i say...the targetmasters?

10. AMG

AMG Old School

Nice piece and welcome to the forum.

11. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime I see the story in your eyes...

Yup, same boat for me. I received my last childhood G1 for my 13th or 14th birthday (I forget which year) and then decided I was too old for TFs. I remember seeing Action Masters in the stores and thinking they were stupid, a belief I held for the next 10 or so years...until I actually handled one.
    I got the last US-released AM I needed a couple years ago and I'm proud of my AM collection. I'd love to get the rest of the European exclusives eventually.

Cool. I actually still have the full-size Godaikin Sun Vulcan and the full-size Matchbox vehicle Voltron. I have that smaller vehicle Voltron too, but it's lost in a box somewhere.

If the small Pretenders had come before the large ones, I would have liked Pretenders more in general. They're so much better. My personal favorite is Doubleheader, followed by Bludgeon :) 

• Like Like x 3
  12. borgified

borgified Resistance is Futile!

Your post has gotten me to do more digging in regards to Longtooth in a good way.. A Studio Ghilbi character has somewhat of a familiar look to it as well (to a degree).

Vita_figuren.jpg

Radish Spirit from Spirited Away

• Like Like x 4
  13. barry

News Credits:
    I'm going to have mixed feeling if we get a Prime Master Longtooth that takes after that guy. Those man boobs! And no skull belt?

Beastformers! Well, they'll always be Battle Beasts to me, but I'll take any tenuous connection.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  14. Incesticon

Incesticon WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

I'll allow it. ;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like Longtooth and all the other Small Pretenders. I only have the Decepticons and Doubleheader so far. I want the rest some day.

As far as the Large Pretenders, I have Skullgrin, Grimlock and Bumblebee. I like the ones I have, but doubt I'll ever go out of my way to get more. The shells and inner robots are just much less imaginative than the Small Pretenders.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is there problem with Overload's plastic as well?

17. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

Some new purchases.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  18. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 8
  19. AMG

AMG Old School

I see a SEGA Dreamcast. Damn fine console.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cattus Doctus

I do not know if this also applies to other people's Overlord figures, but mine is definitely brittle. Some of the hinges have snapped off. This might be due to overexposure to heat or something of the kind, but as I've only had him for two years or so, there's no telling, really.