The G1 Transformers animated show that came after the animated movie

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by urrutiap, Jul 17, 2011.

1. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

Anyone else besides me ever get creeped out by those multi faced robots that judged the transformers and set them to their doom?

2. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Quintessons?

No, not once. It was Daniel that really drove me nuts.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I always thought the Quintessons were great villains when used properly. Terrifying is a good thing in their case.

4. urrutiap

urrutiap Well-Known Member

Frankly/honestly that's all I remember about the original Transformers show that came after the movie. It was those creepy multi faced robot judges. Plus the origin of the Dinobots and that was about it. Either the Dinobots origin was in the first Transformers show or in the show that came after the movie. also the Sharkticons were cool but dumb at the same time too

5. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

The Quints were probably intended to be creepy. The five faced squid design is freaky and alien compared to the mostly humanoid Transformers. I think it's an interesting contrast.

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I don't think there was any incongruency in their origin in the original series: they were built by the Autobots on earth after Spike took the Autobots to a museum and they saw dinosaur fossils, way back in Season 1.

That the Quintessons are one of the few things you remember is a testament to the uniqueness of their design.

7. deymasc

deymasc Well-Known Member

That series messed up a lot of origins. LOL
    Remember when we were told in Season 1 that the Constructicons were built on Earth, but in Season 2 we find out they were originally created on Cybertron. And that they were good friends with Omega Supreme before Megatron corrupted them and turned them into Decepticons.

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I always found the Quintessons one of the most interesting things in Transformers, those were and still are my favourite episodes.

9. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

Were the single face ones also called Quintessons?

10. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    That's true, but the Dinobots' origins were consistent, weren't they? Actually, other than Megatron and the Constructicons (and the associated characters), where there any other origin stories that contradicted eachother in the G1 series? Naturally, the comics were completely different.

If they weren't Quintessons in terms of being the same species, they were Quintessons in terms of allegiance. I think it would be accurate to call them Quintessons, or at the very least to say associates of the Quintessons.

Also, I just realized this, but to the OP, the animated series that came before and after the movie are the same series, the G1 animated series. Seasons 1 and 2 come before the movie, 3 (and 4, though it was more of a miniseries) after the movie.

Unless you're in Japan, in which case Season 3 is technically a separate show called Transformers 2010.

11. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Yep, Quintessons come in many varieties.

Also, the "animated show that came after the movie" is usually called "season 3 and 4 of the G1 cartoon". The you're talking about it sounds like you think it's a whole different show, though I may just be reading it wrong. Not you chazparks, the OP.

12. chazparks

I always want to say the Terracons and Technobots of who was built first. In one episode the Terracons are working with the Quints and it seems as if the Technobots had been around for awhile. In another episode the Techno Bots have just been created but the Terracons had been around for awhile. The problem can be solved with remembering the Decipticons worked with the Quintenssons quite a bit through season 3 and thus not an origin problem.

This is what I thought kind of the gators were also Sharkticons.

Which they would had created Transformers 2004.

13. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

What're you talking about? Season 3 of the show was renamed to be Transformers 2010 indeed. It was our season 3, just with a different name, cause Japanese TV works differently.

Also, I think, and always thought, the Quints were stupid and a joke. Unique, sure, but still stupid.

14. chazparks

The movie takes place in 2005. There are alot of events between the end of season 2 and the movie that would had been interesting to see. How the Autobots got the moon bases. Decipticons were in control. Creation of ExoSuits. Autobot City being built. Season 3 cast being left in command of Autobot City. Scramble City doesn't really work with the Movie and Five Faces of Darkness.

Interesting that they picked 2010 in Japan. 2006 was the year in the states that the series took place in.

15. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I don't remember if a year was mentioned in the US version, but being 2006 comes from the comics.

16. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    They definitely mention 2006 in Season 3, in... Thief in the night, for example?

17. chazparks

It is also mentioned in the opening dialog of FFOD.

18. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "The Big Broadcast of 2006". It's right there in the TITLE of the episode.

19. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Stig's Asian Cousin

News Credits:
    Damn those things and Unicron's head floating around in space still scare the Sh!t out of me :lol  And I used to think anything after the movie was called "Generation 2" But that's because i'm a 90's child.:p 

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Have you forgotten the season 3 episode "The big broadcast of 2006"?

when was the year mentioned in that episode?

same question?