The G1 Pepsi Primes..... a few questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by wheeljaxx, Jun 25, 2006.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i know that the US and Canadian Pepsiprimes are very different, and each has its own value, but what i'd like to know are teh numbers of didtribution.

i know for a fact that the canadian pepsi prime was available as a prize when you matched 2 halves of prime from unde rthe bottle caps. i know because i won one when i was young. i never knew anybody else who had one, and i was dumb enough to rip teh stickers off. now i have another.

WAS canadian pepsi prime availabe any other way like the US prime. like a gift for employees of truck drivers?

how many were available as prizes and how many were there in all? Assuming that this was only a prize, i'm figuring very low numbers, seeing as how much he is valued.

i got my hands on one again, and have NO plans on selling it, but i woud like to know the numbers just for prosparity sake.

2. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Swollen Member

Ebay:
    I remember seeing a stack of about 20 or so at my IGA back in the day and passing it up because the big pepsi sticker covered the trailer. So it was available in mass retail but I think only at grocery stores.

3. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

i can' find ANYTHNG online about them hardly at all. just some vague memories. some reports say canadaian pepsi prime had red feet and a canadian flag sticker.... but i know that not to be true.

i'd actually like to get as much info about these guys as possible, seeing as there is hardly anything out there, these guys deserve more than "he was a prime you put pepsi stickers on" or, yeah, i won one once. it had a big sticker. its worth alot"

so, yeah, thats pretty much all i've been able to come up with in 25 words or less.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Yup, red feet Prime was a French release.

According to Alex Bickmore, US Pepsi Prime is the most common MISB G1 toy, due to some huge warehouse find in the mid-Nineties.

5. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

thats usable info. thanx

Clutchburns info about the grocery store... i've heard that one b4 too now that i recal more.but from what i remember, again, they were very limited. and i have never heard of so many being together b4. when my local grocery store had transformers in, they were always as prizes, not for retail. i remember Sobeys having a few gift set superions. they were just an instore draw...

our city had a pepsi boteling plant at the time, so i would assume that i should have seen more pepsi primes around if the above were the case.

on the US version.. i have come across that they were a) given to truck drivers as thank you's or something, b) avaialble in grocerystores everywhere, c) super common D) not everybody even USED the pepsi stickers.... so we can't really tell if it was a Pepsi prime with out the box......

6. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Swollen Member

Ebay:
    We had a pepsi distribution plant too, I still remember the day I saw the stack next to a check out counter for 29.99 each at the IGA and my grandmother offered to get me one but I passed on it, cuz i already had a prime (without sticker...) damn if i only had a time machine....