The Future

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Nov 25, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So, now with the Movies out of the way, and Transformers Prime being our only source.

Where does that leave us in the next couple years?

As far as I know, The Hub isn't doing that great and might get taken off air, and from what fans have been saying on here, it is just going to get bought by Cartoon Network, who in turn will piss poorly advertise it until it gets canceled.

So, in that event. What do we do? Will Hasbro be able to support its fans as much as it does? Or will it have to narrow it's figures down even more to cater to pretty much the fans at that point?

I personally wouldn't mind if that was the case though.

Anyways, what do you all think is in store for us in our Transformers future?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There'll be another movie. The last one made lots of money, and Hasbro's a business - they'll keep that option available until it stops being profitable.

Also by all accounts the Hub is healthy, initial set-up costs led to a dip but I think it is catching on now.

Toy-wise, there seems to be a trend toward $12 and less toys, which is fine, and possibly fewer waves, due to money being tight all round. If it's quality over quantity though I can accept that.

3. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Most businesses take 3 years to become profitable. Right now the Hub is an investment for Hasbro, and by all account it is shaping up to be a good one. Of course they won't ever have the market share that Cartoon Network does (although never say never) but we've heard lots of positive things about the Hub so I reckon it is here to stay.

Another movie? Of course, how can there not be? Only question is whether they will start filming next year or the year after.

Toy wise I expect Classics to dry up and come to an end. We've had a damn good run and gotten some pretty obscure figures (Thunderwing? Bludgeon? Straxus?) so we should be grateful.

TF Prime will continue to do well and hopefully last to three seasons. We'll then have a break and try something else. Who knows, maybe a return to the Beast Wars...?

4. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    +1

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Another movie will probably happen.

I can see Prime toys and new Generations/Universe line around. With any luck this time it would have updates of both G1 and post G1 characters from the states and Japan series.

I would hope the Hub will start to show off other TF series, like Beast Wars, Beast Machines, and the A/E/C shows for fans that grew up under them.

I would hope TF Prime would lay the work for a possible BW series in the universe. We all know the bots will win and Cybertron is pretty much dead. So with a lack of energy, the Maximal upgrade could become in play to bring life back to the planet and the Dcon's could steal the info to give rise to the Predacons. Perfect way to end Prime with the rebuilding of Cybertron and start the next series 300 years after the ending of Prime.

6. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I'd like to see them re-release the entire Classics line along with a TV series. It'd kinda be like G1 all over again where they reused old molds as a basis for a show. Throw in a couple more live action movies then.......... I dunno.

7. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Not really, Hasbro have confirmed that they want to do a fourth transformers movie (not a reboot but a sequel)

8. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My guesses:

- There is absolutely no question that there will be a fourth TF movie. Given how well DotM did, Hasbro and Paramount aren't just going to stop and say, "well, I think we've made enough money on these Transformers movies, let's call it a day". The only big questions are (a) when and (b) will it be a reboot? There's definitely not going to be a new TF movie in 2013, since they probably would have already started working on it, so the earliest is likely 2014. I would be extremely surprised if at least the designs aren't significantly retooled. Hasbro basically admitted in one of their press releases that they probably lost some potential sales for DotM toys because, after two movies, people already have toys of the returning characters and aren't buying new molds of them.

- Toys based on the current Movieverse will continue into mid-2013, at which point the upcoming Movie Trilogy line will have run it's course. If the Movie designs and/or continuity are being significantly rebooted, no further Movie toys until the build-up to TF4. If designs/continuity are being retained, some further Movie releases might get rolled into Generations.

- Given the likely gap between movies, the Aligned Continuity will make up the bulk of TF releases over the next couple of years, consisting of Prime as the main line, along with figures for [TF Video Game]. The figures for [TF Video Game] will replace Generations or be rolled into Generations until the Movie Trilogy line winds down, on the assumption that Hasbro won't have more than 3 TF lines running at once.

- Classics-style figures will continue in some respect, although some characters may see releases in other lines if those lines would allow figures that are 'close enough' to Classics (eg - FoC Dinobots for Classics Dinobots). The remaining 'major' characters will be tackled, along with a few more obscure surprises. By the time TF4 starts, I'd expect Classics to effectively be finished, with all of the 'major' characters covered. After TF4 dies down, I'd expect Hasbro to reboot Classics and start over. We already have people demanding "proper" versions of various Classics figures and, by the time TF4 ends (~2015), TF engineering will have probably evolved enough that even the good Classics figures will be considered too dated.

- The Hub isn't going anywhere - it's too valuable as advertising for the various Hasbro lines.

- By late 2013, IDW will be working on rebooting their G1 comic continuity again.

- Also in late-2013, debate will continue to rage over the size of TFC Hercules, despite the last component of the figure having been released over 18 months ago.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :thumb 

I'd like to see some characters revisited and totally redone. Sky/Jetfire, I'm looking at you.

10. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    TransTech. We'll get there one way or another.

Get a totally new generation of kids hooked the way G1 hooked kids in the 80's. In this age of flashing lights and fancy looking stuff, TransTech is the answer - it just looks like the future.

And instead of Prime and Megatron squaring off, again, we have a totally new universe of characters to invent. And we can do it right straight from the start.

TransTech!

11. openchallenge

openchallenge Plastic based

The oceans will turn bright green and it will be discovered that it's 500 variations of movie bumblebee each getting thrown out everytime there is a rebranding or new movie and transformers will be outlawed globally.