The Future of the Masterpiece Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by FortressMaximus1976, May 8, 2007.

1. FortressMaximus1976

FortressMaximus1976 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As we know, there is the MP Skywarp coming out in Sept, so I'm pretty confident they will likely have a Thundercracker as well, at some point. Possibly even some of the conehead jets like Thrust, etc.

Just curious what you all see as possible inclusion into the MP line for the future.
    My predictions at this point are:

Soundwave
    Shockwave
    More Jets
    *Possibly* Triple Changers Like Blitzwing & Astrotrain
    Maybe a few Autobot cars like Jazz, Ironhide, or Mirage

And although I don't see this happening, imagine a MP Devastator or other combiner...that would be killer!

2. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I'm sure we'll get Thundercracker, but I doubt we will get the other seekers. Unless we get that fake G1 seeker...you know, that yellow one (which I refuse to call by name).

No way on the triple changers. They already put extensive engineering into the line and that would be too much.

I would like to see Takara throw in MP Grimlock to shake the series up a little. Even though I know there is no chance.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Actually,I seriously doubt if we get a Thundercracker. Anime Starscream yes, but Thundercracker doesn't alot of love and this colors are WAY too cartoony for the MP line. Skywarp puts off the possibly that a Jet maybe be black, and Anime SS could possibly pull it off also, but Thundercracker is way too blue to ever be considered a real jet.

4. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

A few years ago I laughed at the possibility of a Masterpiece Megatron. I thought it'd NEVER happen in my lifetime.

Fast foward a few years and it's now sitting on my shelf. So I think it's rather early to count out a Masterpiece Grimlock.

5. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

I hope MP Grimlock comes out after the Seeker repaints/remolds. Of course a MP Magnus with transforming trailer armor would be cool to since they already have the base mold for the inner robot(MP Prime).

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I only say it won't happen because they have yet to grace us with a single G1 Dinobot reissue. Which I think is ridiculous. They wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.

And I think Swoop would make a great MP figure.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Masterpiece triplechanger? That would be awesome... but it won't happen anytime soon, if ever. I sure don't want a Masterpiece Soundwave, the original and the new transforming mp3 player are good enough. I would like a Rodimus Prime after they're done with all the seeker repaints.

8. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    The cartoon colors suck. They should be fine with the toy colors from g1. I think they will make a MP Thundercracker.

Besides, as its been mentioned many a times, MP Starscream was the "wrong" color scheme for an F-15E Strike Eagle, a color scheme Kawamori wanted implemented on it, but the toy scheme took a turn for the worst and ended up looking drastically different.

Besides I doubt realism is what the MP line is going for. A hint of realism is more like it. Prime/Magnus' alt mode and even Starscreams jet mold are all inaccurate in many ways. Sure Starscream looks realistic, but there are several things on there that are not on a real F-15. Nonetheless, I still want to buy one.

Just pointing out that uber realism probably isn't the emphasis of the line.

9. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Well, my thinking is the we have Optimus, Magnus, Megatron, and Starscream and now Skywarp. That's 3 molds, 2 repaints not including re-releases with extra parts. I think the next MP will be an Autobot and I think the best candidate would be Ironhide.

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I think Ironhide would be an Alternator before being a Masterpiece. Actually, same with Rodimus/Hot Rod (we already saw one).

11. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Masterpiece Soundwave- I would invest some capital in that.

12. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The Blue Angels would like to have a word with you. . .

Aside from Thundercracker, I'd say Soundwave, he's the next most iconic character IMO. Jazz and Bumblebee are iffy, as they're both based on vehicle desings whose companies don't really agree with the TFs as a brand. Shockwave is definately doable too.
    DN

13. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I would hope that the next MP after Skywarp will be an Autobot if not ohh well but then the balance would be throwen off.

14. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime is bright red, vivid blue, and light grey. How is that NOT cartoony?

15. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

and MP Soundwave better play cassettes! hahaha. I don't have any of my old cassettes left anymore.

Jazz or Grimlock would be nice.

16. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Well, he's not a jet.

17. darkmgmstr

darkmgmstr Blue Lantern Corps Member

I would love to see a MP Soundwave with all his cassetticons. i would soooo buy that the day it comes out. GO SOUNDWAVE!!!! :thumb 

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I think if they do another one, it'll probably be hot rod. he'd actually be pretty damn easy to do.

19. rawl316

rawl316 Well-Known Member

They should do a masterpiece fortress maximus

20. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I already saw it merging with the Binaltech line/concept - Megatron and Starscream are pretty much non-scale Binaltechs. It'd be amazing if they eventually decide to make a Masterpiece Prowl, for example - both Masterpiece and Binaltech technology with the classic vehicle modes: the 280Z Nissan, Countach Lamborghinis, 928 Porsches, and so on. I know licensing sucks, but if there's a demand, there'll always be hope.

But from the three molds we've seen so far, I think they should STOP with the Masterpiece line. They look so different from eachother, in terms of concept, color, scale, design. Like I said, both Megs and Starscream are pretty much non-scale Binaltechs while Prime is just a conceptual thing for an 'ideal' Prime, not to mention the white Prime as Ultra Magnus is just lame, and he can't even combine with a trailer/armor. IMO the THS-02 mold would fit the Masterpiece line better, if resized and properly re-designed.

And I still think there's room for something ABOVE the Masterpieces - they're great, the most awesome TF stuff they gave us so far, but there's definitely room for more. Smaller toys to allow super modes and combiners. I'd start with a new design for a smaller Prime WITH the ability to merge with an Ultra Magnus trailer. That would add so much play value to both toys, also making them more accessible in terms of $$$. Then you could have a 1:1 scale MP Megatron as well. Anime accurate Starscream, and affordable Constructicons that combine into Devastator. That would rock.