The Future of Final Fantasy games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Kickback, Aug 13, 2006.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Anyone picked up Dirge of Ceberus???

2. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    Yeah my bro picked it up and returned it. Said it was a lousy game.

3. OmegaScourge

didnt even know it came out...saw it at Target yesterday for $40, asked the game clerk if anyone bought any, he said not on any of his shifts....so i picked up Killer7 for $15 instead.

4. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dirge of Cerberus isn't that bad if you don't get your hopes up expecting something to surpass Final Fantasy 7. The game is a completely different genre of games, and even the mood of it's much darker. It's an Shooter with some RPG elements such as customization with materia also making an appearance. It's a pretty stable game considering most people are going to rag on it. I guess Dirge of Cerberus is kinda like the Bouncer, because it's something new that Square is experimenting with trying to broaden their horizons yet people are going to cut it down. If you don't believe me rent the game first, and I bet most of you won't be let down. One last thing just to make it clear for everyone, this is Vincent Valentine's game plain and simple. Not Cloud, not Tifa, and especially not Sephiroth. Don't expect to play as anyone other than Vincent and Cait Sith, who even if you don't like him you only have to use him for a short time. Though for the record, all the cast of Final Fantasy 7 does appear starting with Yuffie in the very first cutscene. You'll get cameos of Cloud w/ Fenrir, Barett, Tifa, Reeve/Cait Sith, and even Cid with the Shera.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Despite the bad reviews, im still pretty anxious to play it. The videos looks beautiful and on par with Advent Children.
    Mainly want to play it to get more depth on Vincent , then he'll feel like a deeper character when I revisit FFVII again.

Not expecting FFVII-ish greatness. Honestly I do'nt think they'll ever make a game that good IMO so comparing this to that would be an unfair way of looking at it.

6. OmegaScourge

i so want to get it but i'm not to big on shooters right now....i'm in that i want to play an RPG phase....maybe in a couple of months, i'll be into shooters again.

At least next week, i get to finish off the Xenosaga series and to keep me occupied cause the weeks after that is slow.