The Future Of Fans Project Core.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Obakemono, May 17, 2012.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Oh?

The only thing I could imagine as more awesome would be a character creator. (As in, mixing and matching preexisting part variations/colors for a custom layout)

2. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    ...I think you may have unlocked part of this riddle.

3. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ig not too expensive, I copuld tottally see it working.

But yeah, in this line I don´t care about homages, just give me awesome big and blocky transformers and a pink or purple fembot which turns into a vehicle other than motorcycle (preferably car, jet or small futuristic tank).

4. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

color me interested...

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Still gonna consider that a pipe dream though. I don't expect it to be the case.

6. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Only because you don't dare to hope!

I can definitely see them building some kind of modular system where you could build your own figure out of a number of preset pieces which expand as the line grows.

I mean, it's FPJ. They tend to exceed expectations every time at bat. It would certainly fit what we know so far about it.

Yes, could be a pipe dream. Really no way to know for sure what to expect because these companies get a sick (though perfectly understandable) thrill out of teasing people. But not a bad idea.

7. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Venksta did say the things they are planning are big. I could totally see something to this extent being implemented into their system.

8. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I always felt, with all the pack-in comics and especially after the Causality ninsecticons and the previews of Heartmaster/Steel Core, that FP was heading in the direction of toys based more on an alternate universe de-branded TF fanfiction rather than the direct representations they've done in the past. It looks like they're pushing harder in that direction than I thought.

My next hunch is that the fiction will be influenced by some kind of on-line meta game or role play, hence the factions and crystals.

9. Cecilia

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I´d raper rp than online game, but I think game is more possible, maybe some sort of web browser thing like some facebook games? I mean I never got too hooked on FB games, but give me a mech game and it would easity drain my whole life time.

As for customization, Kotobukya has their awesome Frame ARMS line, sure transformable toys wouldn´t be as practical, but I see something like a base figure with 3 color variations and extra armor, acessores and master to be chosen individually with the base figure, then you go through the cart for a final cost+shipping.

10. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im dying for a nova prime ever since that company showed off that prototype that never got fully made. I dont know if anyone remembers but a board member was trying to start something similar with their Kidbash site where they took ideas on what would be made, etc. Sadly it seems he has vanished completely after a few sparce updates. A larger established company like FP doing this should go very well.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'm thinking it will be a meta-game based on forum participation. If you look at the crystals you (don't) have on your account, it has a place for why each crystal was awarded, etc.

Of course, the gaping hole in that hypothesis at the moment is that there is no forum to participate it. At least not yet.

12. Cecilia

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was thinking exactly that this need their own forum, separated from the core TF fandon, specialy seeing how some people seem resistent to the new franchise.

Bit maybe it is related to thing you can do on the site like voting, reading comics, purchasing toys, acessories, participating/winning contests, bringing new members via recommendation, posting fanart etc

Also, curiosity, which factions has you guys chosen upon registeration?
    I went with Beta Exodos, seems like the weak but smart/spy and sniper kind of thing.

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Holy shit ... this is BIG.

14. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Think BIGGER. :D 

15. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Let me fix my original post then:

Holy shit ... this is BIG

Seriously, fucking props to FansProject. They clearly see a path to longevity and are going for it.

16. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

The more the merrier....

You sir, I like the cut of your jib.

You are making me more excited for whats coming. We have been given more info in the past couple of weeks than FPJ usually give out. Any clues to when sign up starts? (I know you can't say much, but I had to ask.:D )

That would be :bay  :bay  :bay 

Think of complete threads of just pics of the different designs we came up with. That would be too great.

17. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! I'll put my 2 cents in.

Want:
    Backwards compatible figures for Protector and City Commander molds.
    Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex for Colossus.

18. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Hasbro - How can you let this happen? All that money and brain power and you couldn't think about this for the fans? A true Fansproject. I guess FP will be really untouchable now even if these toys will soon perfectly represent Transformers as the fans see fit. Tsk. Tsk.

So I guess I will be seeing more and more FP Bruticus sized combiners. That's sad. Vote for bigger.

19. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Absolutely and utterly interested in the 3 new Colossus figures! This is what any and all of my votes will go towards!

20. Cecilia

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It is not hasbro not thinking, is hasbro not caring, for valid comercial reasons. A big company like hasbro can´t focus resources on us, specific fans.

A small rising company like FP can, however, there lies my fear, as much as I want FP to prosper I frear that if it grows to big it starts to shift their focus to sustain their comercial structure, sure it would take some years, but a lot of big comanies today were small blike FP when their franchises started.

Either way, just glad about the whole site/project!