The Future Of Fans Project Core.

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Obakemono, May 17, 2012.

1. beigoma

beigoma Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

So, I signed up on the Fans Project Core site but still haven't received a confirmation email. Should I try again?

I'm really psyched about these companies striking out with their own fiction. I'll be supporting FP and Don Figueroa's Armarauders as much as my wallet will allow.:)  I guess Don's stuff would be truly 1st party.

2. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    "just dawned on me..." ?
    You been spouting this exact theory for a year.

3. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    If you knew anything about Brave, you wouldn't say that.

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I've been here passively for the last month. I can't be expected to keep track of all the TF conspiracies.

5. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad Well-Known Member

Oh I agree about the direction FP is going with the fiction. Although I think in the short term it is going to be more a cover for Transformers stuff. The original characters will come out slowly with them only continuing that direction if the fan base for their universe expands.

I'm just focused on the toy side of the equation. It didn't occur to me that fan input might be confined to the story side. It's still a great idea if that's true.

6. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    edited that for you.

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    When they ALL turn out to be true...are they realy just mine? lol

Back on topic. I think it will play out like Roger stated. FP will slowly intergrate original charatcers amongst their versions of the characters we all know and love. If and when the concept of FP original figures takes off, we will see them replace TF almost completely.

Just give me what is already rumoured to come out and that will fill my FP needs for this year :) 

8. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, I think your idea applies to Steelcore, too. But instead of the figure looking like a G1 Ultra Magnus, his design and color scheme make him resemble the Energon Ultra Magnus. (Or whichever it was).

They say the figure isn't supposed to be a known transformer, but the design and color scheme make it look like one. It just isn't a G1 guy.

Some are saying they're not interested in 3rd party figures that don't homage a Transformer character, but it seems like what people are really saying is they're not interested in 3rd party figures that don't fit in with the Classics line.

9. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

THIS^^^^...im all for FP making their own characters/ making add-ons or updates, as long as they keep making them BADASS!!...im always down..