The future of Binaltech?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Dark_Convoy, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

What is going on with Binaltech? It seems the ram mold may have been canceled, I have heard no announcement of the Ford GT, and it seems like there has been no news on the BT front for a while.

I only wonder because if they stopped the BT line could the end of Alternators be close behind? It seems we have been getting a lot of filler in the Alt line lately with 3 straight repaints.

Do you think Hasbro would continue to make new molds if Takara dropped the line?

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think the Ginrai/Black Convoy thing is still up in the air... If Takomy drops the line, I'll be SAD, but it saves me a whole WORLD of money...

I hope that if Takomy drops it that Hasbro hires the lead designer from Takara... In the history of TF toys, a lot of Hasbro exclusive toys have been outright disGUSTing...:puke2: 

3. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    Keep in mind that a lot of the newest Hasbro exclusive TFs have been H.A.W.T. hawt!

- Armorhide
    - Wreckloose
    - Dark Scorpy paint job
    - Hard Top

4. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah, CYB was the first line I've seen where the Hasbro exclusives here nice... Maybe they're learning something...

But Energon Mega Dinobot will forever be burned into my memory... :thumb 

5. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    I think they have finally caught on.

Energon Mega Dinobot does not exist. Those two are completely seperate figures. There is no combination gimick. NO COMBINATION! That being the case, I don't know what you are talking about.

...just like there is no Highlander 2, God Father 3, etc. They just don't exist.

6. Razerwire

News Credits:
    :lol 

I wonder though... If the BT line is gonna stop, I'd figure they'd stop the BT* line first and not just axe both simultaneously...

7. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    Well, if we are basing this theory off of the fact that we have not seen any new BTs lately, we've also not seen any new BT* either.

How well have the BT*s gone over in Japan? If I can judge anything from from the US reaction, not well. Of course, they are two VERY different cultures and respond differently to products. That being true, I can't really assume that the US reaction and the JP reaction are anything alike.

Being such a new sub-line, I would venture that they'd be killed at the same time IF this lack of info does mark the end of BT (which I am not saying it does).

8. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I dunno... Getting rid of BT is getting rid of ANOTHER major line from TF... Now that Galaxy Force is over, you'd think they'd try and keep BT alive since the only other major line is TFC...

9. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    I agree with you on that point whole heartedly. I don't think, even post merger, that they would want to remove Transformers from the public eye.

I can see TomyTakara feeling the need to restructure things though since, based on what I have heard, BTs don't sell as well as Takara had hoped. With the sheer cost of the license alone, I would understand if TT was not as agressive as Takara once was with the BT line.

All factors above (and in previous posts) in equal measure, I do believe that they are doing just as I theorize above, that the line is not dead but being restructered for a cost reduction or profit increase (w/o immediate cost reduction).

10. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Yeah, maybe they'll produce less repaints... No more Zoom Zoom, yellow Tracks, Smokescreen #8, and Smokescreen GT #2!!!:lol 

11. Gen. Magnus

News Credits:
    While I do agree that the extra Smokescreens are overkill I believe that yellow tracks and red meister helped recoop some of the losses from licensing costs.

That belief, mind you, is based on my not knowing sales figures of any of those figures v. production costs of said figure.

12. Cyclone_X

Cyclone_X Cybertronian Warlord

yellow Tracks is no repaint, it was the first/original figure

13. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Smokescreen GT=TEH LOVE...

But yeah, just like Hasbro, repaints help them recoop costs... And yet their repaints look so much nicer...:lol 

Not in THIS mind... :lol 

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm hoping that the bt line is okay, because it's gonna kill me if I have to buy alternators to continue on the line. the only one I have is ravage, and I'm sooo looking forward to getting the bta ginrai and throwing on a swindle head (bought the alternator one strictly for this purpose) and repainting it into trailbreaker. as much as I liked the galaxy force figures, they just didn't compare to the bts everytime I got a new one. I was like, oooh, autovolts just like a mini binaltech, chromia wasn't as difficult as a bt, etc. all I would do would be to compare my new figures with the binaltechs, making me realize this is my favorite transformer line EVER. the die cast just does it for me (see sig) I just really hope that all the naysaying when the release date for ginrai was cancelled/changed/moved back will lead to naught. all that being said, if the line was cancelled, I would also save a ton of money.

15. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Don't forget E. Slugslinger and Sharkticon, those are 2 of my favorites...

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Sharkticon, yes... Slugslinger, maybe... Mine was rather flimsy...:( 

17. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Are some Binaltechs that weren't released as Alternators (and vice versa)?

18. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

So far, just Red Alert, and the color variants like Red Meister, Yellow Tracks, and Blue Prowl. I guess the minor Smokescreen GT update counts too.

Back on topic, I'm guessing there will be a few more Binaltechs. Hopefully we'll get a dignified ending to the line.

19. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Here's a list of BTs that weren't released as ALTs:

Smokescreen #7
    Yellow Tracks
    Zoom Zoom (Red Meister)
    Smokescreen GT #1
    Smokescreen GT #2
    Blue Prowl
    Broadblast (BT*)
    Alert (BT*)

Here's a list of ALTs that weren't released as BTs:

Decepticharge
    Swerve

Then there's the two Sunstreakers that look pretty different between ALT and BT... Same with Skids...

20. Razerwire

News Credits:
    HA!!! Mine is more specific!!!