The Full Message of the Golden Disk?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Archforce, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

.. exclude what you're saying?????..... maybe not 100% but it's certainly shows that much of what you're saying is based on assumption and your particular perception of what was shown

Ask for the General Public I find most just swing with the cartoon connection even when they know it doesn't exactly fit simply because its easier to accept.

and even when questioned those same usually admit to thinking it belongs to a hybrid continuity

And even the retroactive naming proves where they got the inspiration for the name to begin with, it seems the show's creators we're trying to make Beast Wars fit both continuities so not to exclude either of the two fan bases

2. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Aspie :)

News Credits:
    Another plot hole, the Deceptiocns were not reawakened until 1984, the Voyager probes were launched in 1977. While there is room for Megatron to have inscribed a message onto Voyager 2, he would have to have traveled to the region around Saturn (where they probes were in the 80's). But I have to ask, why did Megatron think that future Cybertronians would see any value in an Earth probe? For all he knew, the golden disk would have remained on the Voyager for all eternity.

3. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Which suit me fine I guess, because if it is considered as a continuity of the G1 sunbow, it has huge problems. If it is something else entirely, then yeah I pretty much dont care :p 
    I was not aware that it was THAT golden disk :confused: 

4. Altered Prime

I like to think that he inscribed the message on that probe soon before the attack I'm Autobot City in 2005

From my thinking before they encountered the Autobots shuttle they found the probe and thinking that he just might lose at all about City decided to leave that message

He did so knowing that it would be likely that the Autobots would eventually find the probe and considerate sacred or important enough to put in some kind of a museum and that future Decepticons might find the message

• Like Like x 3
  5. Altered Prime

that's cool
    Yep it's that one

6. pilot00

The Autobots would have already knew about that thing though from the humans, so they would either not interfere as is their mondus operandi, or they would have collected it ages ago.

7. Altered Prime

actually I don't agree

1) even if they knew about it from the humans they wouldn't of thought to collect it until after the war was over

2) and as for leaving it alone, I'm sure that would have been the first thinking but assume as they discovered that time travel would be very easy they would have taken the disk to hide Earth's location and or the location of the Ark in the past

Remember that's exactly what they said the disc was hidden to begin with because it contained information to a great source of raw Energon

8. pilot00

But did the humans and by following this train of thought, the Autobots knew of this? And if yes, why didnt they make use of it?

9. Altered Prime

I'm not sure if you're confused or if I'm confused by your question here

So let me ask you why do you think the Autobots would make use of it? To make use of it would be to go back in time and change history

The information the Autobots/Maximal High Council wanted to hide was the location of Earth in the past as it was known to be a great source of raw energon

10. pilot00

Berk! I thought it was the location of a raw energon source, on earth or somewhere else. Not the Earth itself. But if thats the case, how did Megs knew that prehestoric (or whatever time it was) earth had raw energon?

11. Altered Prime

technically he didn't exactly

A lot of this is been covered in what I call after show fiction Like Comics and other sources but the bottom line is that the only thing that was truly known was that the disk contained information of the location of a source of great Energon

Show the Autobots/maximals kept it hidden and kept the information from the General Public, but like we've seen in other fictions the secret pretty much got out

A character by the name of Cyroteck (spelling might be off) was BW Megatron's mentor pretty much informed him on what he suspected and the rest is as we seen in the show

No originally Megatron didn't think they actually made it where they plan to get to you might remember him making a comment of that in the very first episode

12. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Interesting theory.

13. Altered Prime

Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  14. Beastwarsfan95

News Credits:
    Well you're welcome.

15. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

That's also not a plot hole. In the flashback sequence where BW Megatron is explaining to Ravage about the Voyager probe, they do show Voyager in proximity to Saturn when G1 Megatron inscribed the message. In the message itself Megatron says: "And so, I leave this message to any Decepticon descendants that may find...", implying he realizes this plan is a long shot. And I'd think the Transformers would naturally be curious to investigate an alien probe, just like we would be.

16. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Exactly. There's nothing at all prohibiting Megatron from hopping on Astrotrain and intercepting Voyager for a moment.

17. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Ancient Alien Theorist

Ebay:
    Here is an interesting take:

The Decepticons found the Voyager space craft on the way back from the derelict Autobot colony from "Cosmic Rust". Knowing that the same thing could happen to the Decepticons he had Astrotrain take the Voyager on board, saw the potential in using the information gathered from the space craft as well as the information about Earth that was put on the record and used it to put in a "subliminal" message of sorts that ONLY a Decepticon would be able to understand.

Centuries later, after the Autobot-Decepticon conflict nearly destroyed Earth the victorious Autobots, on the way to their Maximal downgrade in order to conserve what was left of Cybertron, found the Voyager craft, which by that time had ventured well beyond the stars to Cybertron's orbit. In order to prevent the Earth from being ransacked again - and to prevent the Decepticons/Predacons from taking what was left of Earth's resources should they ever rise again, wiped the location of Earth from every Transformers memory and implanted a new one that Earth was in an entirely other solar system that also had a single sun and nine planets - and was destroyed as a result of the TF wars. As a memorial of Earth, the Golden Dish became a sacred relic - and a reminder - of the horrible ramifications of the Cybertronian wars.

Known only to a few, the location of Earth was NOT to be shared with anyone. However, a young Predacon named Megatron knew that there was a message on the golden record that could alter the course of history. He communicated in secret with a Predacon named Ravage, who himself was told the entire tail by Rumble, who then in turn told Megatron. (Although Megatron did not know who his informant was he suspected he was one of the very few Decepticons to be granted immunity after the wars).

Megatron stole it and the rest is history.... pardon the pun....

• Like Like x 1
  18. JLvatron

JLvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A friend asked me this some decades ago.
    I figure it had to be:
    -Something important
    -something G1 Megatron would genuinely be concerned about
    - Obviously silly & unserious, since it's BW universe

My answer was:

"This is Megatron! Leader of the Decepticons! And if you are hearing this, it means I've failed!"
    ...then eventually,
    "Optimus Prime has a weakness! On his back, located just behind the Matrix."

My friend asked why Megatron himself didn't use the weakness himself. My reply was,

"When I asked him to turn around, he refused!"

19. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    You're assuming Megatron left the message...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mirimus

Mirimus Well-Known Member

My take (and yes, it assumes BW is a continuation of sorts for the Sunbow cartoon):

The enormous amounts of raw energon on earth in the distant past was likely what drew the Autobots there in the first place, and Megatron became aware of this once they caught up to the Ark; when their ship is initially detected and Starscream shouts "Let's just blow them away, they've seen us!", Megatron replies "No...I want to know what they're after...!"