The Full Message of the Golden Disk?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Archforce, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Archforce

Archforce Now with a Classics version!

We only hear a small bit of it in Beast Wars, but does anyone actually know the rest of the message? Or maybe even an idea on what it could mean?

G1 Megatron starts speaking around 4:30.

2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Basically, it's the rest of Season 2.

Predacon Megatron finds the Ark and forces Blackarachnia to use the access codes to disable Teletraan-1. Then, Megatron proceeds to kill Optimus Prime, changing the course of history so that the Decepticons would win the Great War.

If you're asking for a quote, then you're out of luck.

3. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

He's asking what the rest of the message was from G1 Megatron not the events of Beast Wars put what G1 Megatron had left on that disk

4. Altered Prime

Golden Disk (Voyager) - Transformers Wiki

5. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably something like, "wake me up so can kill Optimus Prime!"

And BW Megatron was like, "how about I let you stay in a coma & rule Cybertron myself?"

• Like Like x 2
  6. Markatron

Markatron MarKreations Studios

News Credits:
    I think you mean "How about I lest you stay in a coma and rule Cybertron myself? YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS"

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Perfect!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Yup. The rest of the message likely just details the plan to change history which we see BW Megatron carry out at that point. Megatron also confirms this during his speech while entering the Ark.

"Unwilling though I was to follow my namesake's instructions, it has all come down to this: the ultimate risk, for the ultimate prize."

• Like Like x 1
  9. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Huge plothole, because of two things:

There is no reference of Transwarp been developed in G1 for Megatron to 'hear about'. The only time travel machine was built by Shockwave so that tech already existed so....go figure?

And secondly Megatron (g1) would never believe he would lose the war, especially in the interim of 86-2005 where he reconquered Cybertron and was preparing to finish the Autobots off.

In my head the whole golden disk thing, was an engineered plot to be found by someone (BW Megs as it turned out) in order to set off a chain of events. My usual suspect is Vector Sigma.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but (to my knowledge) an actual quote doesn't exist.

11. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    Why mention something in an episode that will never come into play? Also- like you said, they had already developed time travel, but it was always unreliable. Trans-Warp time travel was clearly the more stable method as it landed the Preds exactly where they wanted be.

Like BW Megs said- G1 Megs was just covering his bases. If there's a plot hole, it's that he then forgot to go retrieve the golden disk & destroy it after conquering Cybertron. Though, I guess he had other things to worry about with the war still on.

• Like Like x 1
  12. pilot00

Exactly: You cant mention something that doesnt exist. If it existed Megatron would have it already, he wouldnt have 'heared about it'. The Autobots never had anything to do with Time or dimensional travel. Leaving the only robot capable of fumbling with such things to be Shockwave (as he did with the rudimentary time machine and the Space Bridge). Therefore IF such a thing existed not only Megs would knew of it first hand, but Shockwave himself would have ensured that he returned to the past at somepoint and rescue Megs from Death, instead of attending Starscreams corronation casualy as he did.

I dont agree. The whole of the BWs lore is based on false premisses (like in this instance). The whole notion of a backplan that does not exist is just shoehorned just to establish someshort of continuity between the two series, and when put under a microscope it unravels. As I said the whole notion just doesnt make sense. What BW Megs is saying is just pure speculation on his part about a character that knows only from history. If we want to be critical of G1 Megs, in every single instance he had everything BUT all this bases covered.

13. Altered Prime

that we know of.

Remember we didn't hear about the heart of Cybertron until it was thrown out also, same goes for The Matrix and a great many other things the fact that they did make mention of it in an episode does it mean it wasn't something he heard about off camera
    that's also questionable

Keep in mind we don't know exactly when he conquered Cybertron or when he found that disk it could have been during a period of where it looked like they were about to lose

• Like Like x 2
  14. Altered Prime

you're making a lot of assumptions

It's not like we know which continuity Beast Wars is truly attached to so we can't be sure if Shockwave was loyal or a backstabbing bastard

Also I recall the message saying that he heard transwarp technology was being developed not that it already existed, likewise we don't know if it existed at the point in which where Megatron died so we can't say Shockwave would have tried to save him if this particular shockwave was even inclined to do so

And as I said before we don't know exactly what year this happened for all we know that could have taken place after Megatron became an action master and that's if that happened in this particular continuity

• Like Like x 3
  15. pilot00

As far as I am awhare BWs is a continuation of G1 cartroon. They even make references inside the show on events about it, we see the arc and its occupants and we even see Starscreams ghost telling us the (falsified ofc) story of Galvatron. The existance of Galvatron would remove the notion of Actionmasters me thinks.

16. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    At least one of the showrunners claim the Vok are the evolved state of the Swarm from the G2 comics, hence the blend of continuities.

• Like Like x 2
  17. pilot00

:eek:  as in insecticon swarm? I find my distaste of the BeastWars lore, to grow more and more.

18. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Not an Insecticon swarm. The Swarm was created as a by-product of Transformers budding in the G2 comics. Eventually it became sentient when it was exposed to the Matrix. Larry DiTillio envisioned that the Vok had evolved from the Swarm.

And I'd have to disagree that the Golden Disk message was a plot hole. It makes sense G1 Megatron would have covered his bases and left a message just in case things went badly for the Decepticons.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Altered Prime

I would say you're not aware of much then LOL

By the way that was intended as a joke I'm trying a new thing anyway yes the show makes reference to the cartoon and as you just proved does the same with the comic book

In case you're not sure of how you just mentioned it it was when you mentioned the occupants of the Ark....... in the cartoon the Autobots ship was never given a name the name Ark came straight from the comic books

Not only that but the Beast Wars showed many references to Primus yet another comic book invention that had nothing to do with the cartoon, and since you mentioned Starscream the color scheme of the Starscream we soar in Beast Wars was that of the comic book and not the cartoon

Bottom line Beast Wars is not fully connected to either of those continuities or you could say it's a blend of both

And the existence of Galvatron doesn't really do anything for the Existence of action Masters since such had changed in the toy line if the cartoon or the comic had to ever reach that level more than likely Galvatron would have been reverted to Megatron yet again or maybe the two would have been split and we would have had both like we did in the Marvel Comics bottom line is we just don't know what could have happened

• Like Like x 1
  20. pilot00

I wont press the matter because I simply havent researched the matter. However of what you say it doesnt exclude what I am saying either. Tha neme of the ship is indeed a post mortem name, but many things have been done so, slaped in the cartoon mythos after it was finished. That said, I have the impression that the general public is making the connection as well? If it doesnt and it is considered a completely seperate entity, for me is a win win scenario.