The Frag Launcher Hating Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    Discuss your hatred for the stupid thing.
    Oh, and please do tell unique stories of your death at the hands of a fragger.

2. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

(Sorta written in a Noir film-type narrative :p )
    *sniff*... I was a soldier class playing on my PS3 in my basement one late Sunday night.The location was the Seed of Corruption. My Scrapmaker was running at full speed, raining bullet all over Autobot opponents. Things were looking good for me as I was getting close to a 3-kill streak (that's a MAJOR accomplishment for me). I was heading to the Autobot base while no one was around. The place was empty, so I start heading out. I didn't see it coming. This idiot, leader class, comes up close from behind. There was click, a boom, and I was dead. To make things worse he continued this tactic on me.... throughout. the whole. MATCH.

3. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Splintershot, your story telling skills rock sir lol. Well I hate the thing with it a passion. But one time I managed to shoot one back at my opponet and blew him up for the kill.

4. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    One time I was on a node with a teammate, Thermo Mines right with meh, Fusion Cannon, Warcry, Moleculon Bomb, I was LOADED.
    *click*
    *boom*
    *both dead*
    Instantly.
    It shows how unfair it is.

5. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

Uugh I hate this weapon . I'm useless with it and against it
    Although a couple of times I have used it and with exceptional results
    This one time (in rust) I was at the end of the long tunnel and there was a scout of the opposing team racing towards me (and shooting, naturally) I fired 3 frag grenades on the floor in front of him and all I had to do was wait ..... He drove over them I pulled the trigger and BLAM! He was gone

This was the only time it's ever worked according to plan for me. About 97% o the time it's crap

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    me too.

7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Why exactly would I hate it? It's not that hard to avoid. Never once, have I had trouble killing a leader using one. It seems people complain a lot about this game, aside from a few cheaters I think the vanilla weapons and skills are balanced just fine.

Oh and no, I don't use a leader.

8. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    ? Who said it's hard to beat? Finding something annoying and hard to beat are 2 different things.

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    FINALLY someone makes a thread about this!!! i have too many bad experiences with that wretched gun to count.

10. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    OP why do you hate the weapon?? the way i think about it, if you hate this weapon because you get killed by it a lot during the game, then why not give the guys who use them a dose of their own medicine...

it's not like you can't use this class and weapon yourself... this is no big deal and i still think the leader is not as overpowered as you think it is... it's not able to get to higher altitude spots, it's not able cloak, once it powers down it becomes sitting duck to snipers, it can have its abilities taken away (only if you handle your soldier real good), it can unsuspectingly be knocked out pretty quickly by scouts, they become good fodder for scientists with shockwave especially in the orbital debris and gorge maps and sometimes the results could be quite funny (like one time i shockwaved a leader in gorge, he got tossed out of the platform and fell right down below.. but he didn't get killed yet.. somehow he managed to set foot on one of the protruding branches down below so he got trapped there. i just noticed that when i saw there were bullet traces going from down below trying to knock out my sentry... so when i looked, the leader was there and good thing i looked because he knew he was trapped and had no way of going back up so he just destroyed himself, thus giving me a kill... but the whole thing was funny whenever i think about it)...

the leader as this "powerful" class is overrated... of course if you're using other classes and you see that a particular leader is on a rampage frag spamming and raging and warcrying, then don't dive into battle... think first before engaging... this is the perfect opportunity for the scientist and scout classes to excel by sniping at these leaders.. and because of their size, it is actually enjoyable to shoot at them from a distance... most of the time they wouldn't even realize what's hitting them because they become cocky with the leader that they will just march forward without thinking and before you know it, you've knocked them down...

so this is a myth that the leader is an invincible class...

11. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

Thank you for making this thread !!!

12. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I don't hate the weapon itself or the average d00d who uses it. When they message you talking shit is when it's annoying.
    Had some douchebag sending me messages in Conquest about how much I suck. The problem is it's not easy to capture a node single-handedly with a guy throwing one hit kill shots at you. He thought he was the ultimate and all this crap but it was like, "d00d, shooting ducks in a barrel much".
    Oh, and I don't like to use the Frag launcher as a counter attack because it's a weapon that requires no skill or strategy to use. If the only way to win is turn off your brain and press a button as often as you can, then I'll find something else to do.

13. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    That's pathetic. Heck I never even knew people sent trash talking messages in this game.

14. Autobot Stinger

Autobot Stinger Decepticon in Disguise..

Oh trust me dude you don't even know half of it.

15. Garet Jax

Garet Jax Well-Known Member

Not doubting the anecdotal evidence you have at all but I do dispute your statement of "requires no skill". Unless this is a gun that requires no aiming whatsoever and the shots land squarely on the head every single time they're fired, which this is not true, then it takes no skill. Since you do have to aim with this gun, lead your opponent and all that, then it obviously takes some skill to use. If people are complaining about not being very good at using it, such as in this very thread, then it obviously takes some skill to use.

What you stated is an opinion and, while you're absolutely entitled to it, it's still nothing more than that. I see no point in complaining about other people using a tactic, strategy, gun, class or anything else when it works.

16. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Think what you want, but I have used it to see the appeal. You literally need only stand at a distance and lob off round after round into a crowd and in no time build up kill streaks. (Conquest, where holding ground is the point of the game)

It's not an opinion, this is a fact.

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    because then we wouldn't be any better than the people who use it and who think "oh i just got a one shot one kill. i must awesome at this game." plus we would be total hypocrites

18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Hmm... let me think.
    Leader Class breakdown:
    Barrier: Totally annoying because you have to run through it, only to die via melee.
    Moleculon Bomb: Drop it, slows the enemy and weakens them, turns 'em into sitting ducks, and on top of it, it blows up.
    I forgot the other ability
    Warcry: It makes the damn leader MORE FREAKING POWERFUL THAN AN OVERSHIELD!!! Not to mention the damage buff.
    Fusion Cannon: The splash damage mean you need absolutely no skill to use it, even if your enemy is jumping around, it's still easy to use.
    Ion Blaster: All you have to do is soften up your enemy with the Fusion Cannon, switch to this, then you can kill 'em in two seconds, literally.
    Frag Launcher: I can't tell you how many times I've died because of that thing. It has three shots, its shots arch, and the grenades don't blow up unless you press a button. Sounds underpowered, right? WRONG.
    Scientists die in a shot, Scouts the same I think, Leaders in two or so, Soldiers in three. It's crazy. And some people get HEADSHOTS with them, I've died that way with NO warning from some back-shooter.
    3 Kill streak: Aarrrrrgghhh, I forgot what it is.
    5 Kill streak: HATE. THE. POKE. It gives you longer melee range, AND one hit kill. You practically DASH when you melee with it, and one hit kill of course.
    7 Kill streak: Not as deadly as the 5 Kill streak for whatever reason, but it's insane if you pile it up in a bunch. If it's a big line of Thermo Mines, people just take damage a little and turn around. If you get it in a big bunch, nighty-night to anyone who takes a wrong turn.

So... yyyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhh... Overpowered.

19. Garet Jax

Shooting them into a crowd? Yes, of course that's going to rack up kills but only if they're Scouts and Scientists. Soldiers and Leaders? Most people use Flak Armor that I've noticed. Even with Warcry active, it takes more than 3 shots to kill those two classes if they're using Flak Armor. If they're not, well...that's why you have 3 different builds to choose from. The node covers a fairly large area relatively speaking so it's not like you have to be right up your teammate's ass to capture it.

For every argument you have, there's a counter-argument. Is the gun powerful? Sure but there's multiple ways around that and I'm not going to list them because it's a waste of time, you likely already know what they are.

People complain about others using what works all the time, this is no different. I rarely play Leader overall, (maybe 1 match out of every 5 to 7 or so), I'm mostly playing Scout and Soldier. I sure will pick up a Frag Launcher as a Scout though, those are good times.

20. Garet Jax

You can't die from one melee so this is completely moot. Almost everyone I face who uses actually uses this stupid ability dies so quickly, regardless of the class I'm using.

The only time this is really a problem is if they're also using Duck and Cover. Other than that, it's still easily possible to deal more damage to them than you are taking.

Warcry powerful? Yeah okay but only for what...25 seconds? Big deal, shoot from a distance unless you're playing Leader yourself in which case....Warcry?

Shoot from a distance. Problem solved. I've lost count of how many times I've outgunned a Leader using the Fusion Cannon while I'm only using the Battle Pistol as a Scout. Why? I'm shooting from a distance and pinging them to death.
    Incorrect. Scientists and Scouts both take two frags before dying. If the Leader in question is not Warcried and the Scout has Surprise Attack or the Scientist has the perk that reduces damage while Disguised (I can't remember the name of it), then it actually takes 3 frags although they'll be a bullet away from death.

Soldiers and Leaders have Flak Armor so no, they don't die after being hit with 3 frags. If both are warcried, then it's one bar of damage per frag grenade.

The 3 streak is Intercooler, recharges the team's abilities about twice as fast. Energon Sling would negate this individually and that Soldier 5 streak ability would jam it for the entire team anyways.

The 5 streak for Leader is poke, you're correct but there's many ways around it. Moleculon Bomb or Disruption if you're playing Leader yourself will stop it. EMP Shotgun to the head is a good counter. Scouts have Dash. Scientists can fly away. Looks like every class has an answer.

7 streak: Thermo mines. The Scout's EMP grenades obliterate these and obviously the Soldier's frag grenades do too. The Leader is not overpowered. Is it easier to play? Yes. Does it still require skill to play? Yes because there are people that suck at it, therefore it does require skill.

For every argument you have, there's a counter-argument. The same goes for me and you're welcome to any opinion you have. :)