Non-TF: The fountain display at Longwood Gardens

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Cheebs, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I work as a soundman/performance tech at Longwood Gardens in Kennet PA, so I get to see a lot of cool stuff.

The coolest of the cool stuff is the fountain shows. They're 45 minutes of fountains lit by colored lights playing to music. The intensity/pattern of the fountains is choreographed exactly to the (classical) music, as are the colors. The fountain garden is impossibly big (my lens was not wide enough to shoot it all) and the water shoots impossibly high. Look for a sillohette of a person standing in front of the water jet in the red photo to get a sense of scale.

Anyway, there's only 3 fountain shows left until next summer, so I figured if I was going to photograph one it had to be soon. Saturday night I was scheduled to turn on the fountain show, so I brought the camera along.

Pics are a bit iffy with the long exposures needed for such low light, but you get the idea.

I tried to use my body to block reflections in the window of the control booth, but I totally forgot on the first picture!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    kewl! gotta love b-speed pics.

whats up with the grainy pics tho. you shouldnt be getting that.

ive watched something like this before in singapore, they had these theme park with dancing fountains and shit. man that was ages ago.

edit: oh, low exposure, not b-speed. get the hook up, using the b-speed fun is teh awesome.

...do ppl even use b-speed anymore?