The foreseeable future

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by T4mercustomz, Feb 13, 2012.

1. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well now with tf4 green lighted what lies in the future for the brand? Will tfprime fade away? Along with rescue bots and what about toy lines? Whats gonna happen to the foc toyline? What are your thoughts on the future ?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Nothing's going to happen that's going to affect the 2012/2013/early 2014 plans. TFP will be airing its fourth season by that point and I highly doubt Hasbro's going to let that one fall to the wayside.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I think you're right mate! I mean why end a show prematurely when it's getting all these great ratings?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They wouldn't, and that's why all this complete nonsense over the non-possiblity of TF Prime getting cancelled is just that, nonsense.

Just because a movie is out doesn't mean the existing line dissapears. I mean Prime has already run along side a movie. The most we'll see is probably the line thinning out or going on brief hiatus while the movie's around, but even then that's not a sure thing.

Rescue Bots is its own little critter. I doubt it'll go anywhere.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    True. I mean Prime actually did survive when DOTM was playing however it didn't have it's own toyline a the time but maybe Hasbro can figure something out in the future. If Hasbro at least put Prime on a temprary hiatus for a while until the movie did it's run then I'll be happy.

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    All of those 40 Generations toys are going to be cancelled to make way for Movie 4 toys.

Joking aside, I really hope TF4 doesn't affect anything.

7. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

There is just no way to really speculate. Three years? Who knows if the HUB will even be around that long. Let alone if Prime will continue up to TF4.

Prime has yet to even prove it's self in Toy Line form.... will it be a success?

There may even be a looming threat of younger fans growing tired of Transformers in general. It already seems to be happening with some of us older fans.

I hate to say it, but I kind of feel like Transformers has peaked and will see a sharp down-turn over the next 5 years. I don't think it will die. Just shrink back to a smaller audiance, much like the Beast Wars days. Maybe it's because TFs have seen so much exposure since '07 that I feel the general public may soon grow tired of the whole thing. Perhaps the movies can keep carrying along the franchise. DOTM did very well. How long can that last? A single Live Action Film bomb could all but destroy Transformers.

For me personally Transformers has hit a wall. Kind of the same wall G1 hit. One where things just fall apart and the only thing left is to start over again. There needs to be growth in order for anything to survive.

I loved the first movie, and collecting the line was extreamly fun (at the time). Then came Animated and I finally truely enjoyed Transformers again... in a way I hadn't since the days of G1. Then came ROTF, and while the movie was extreamly flawed.... it was enjoyable enough..... but it killed my interest in collecting movie lines. I didn't buy a single DOTM item.

TF Prime, (again for me) is a big disapointment. It's not bad, it's just bland. However after a year of buying very few TFs I am pretty interested in the Prime line. I do love the characters of Prime, so I am hyped about collecting them. I don't think I can take another movie year like the last one.

But, who knows what will happen. There is just no way to tell. Bay made what I think was a great TF movie with the first one..... so I know he has it in him somewhere to make a movie that I really can love. Or something may come along like Animated did and just blow everything else away.

It may just be my own interest speaking here, but my gut tells me Transformers is going to decline in interest over the next 5-6 years.

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    The only thing that is for sure now is that the line will be arounf until 2015. What it looks like in 2015 is anyones guess.

I really hope in the two years with no movie buzz that habsro really focus' on Prime and makes it into something that will survive the release of a movie.

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    LOL!

Do you really expect the FoC "line" to last until 2014?!! For f's sake, no one will even still be playing the game at that point. High Moon will probably be partway done developing the sequel by then.

And Prime? I think they've timed the fourth movie pretty much perfectly to coincide with a natural wrap-up point for TFP. I know there are people here who would love to see TFP last 10 seasons or 15 seasons or whatever. But history shows us that what is more likely is that they'll do 3 seasons, wrap up, and then bring us another new series. And that's not such a bad thing. Prime is good. But it's not the only good thing that's ever going to be made and it's not going to last forever.

TFP will probably wrap up sometime mid-2013 after its third season, giving us about 9-12 months wait until the fourth movie. I have no guess about Rescue Bots, though. Then maybe a new tv series in development for early 2015.

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ I was actually thinking much the same, except I do think Prime will go to a fourth season and wrap up in the spring of 2014.

Having said that, a thought occurs... They've said TF4 will be a reboot... Could it be a live-action sequel to Prime?!

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    But what if you're wrong and TF still goes on stong? I mean to me and others Prime is anything BUT a dissapointment. It's not on the levels of Animated and Beast Wars yet but it's still worlds above Energon and the Movies by a long shot too! Trust me I think people will enjoy Prime more then the movies now because if the retialers themselve are tired of movie toys that tells me something.

12. Quantum25

Quantum25 Well-Known Member

TF Prime will probably finish up several months before the movie is released, so pretty much the show's safe in that regard and the worst that we might see is the last wave or two of the TF Prime toyline going unreleased with the push for the TF4 toyline.

13. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The core audience for cartoons is kids. And there is turnover in this kind of stuff. The kids -- in GENERAL -- grow out of this stuff. Not us, obviously, but in general. The kids who are 8 now and loving Prime will by age 10 be into something new. And the 12 year olds who like the show now who will be entering high school? Forget it. That's the way kids are. So at some point, Hasbro will create a new TF show for a new audience of kids. And that's the way it should be.

Humor cartoons have greater ability to last and bridge between generations of kids. But the action-adventure stuff tends not to last more than a few years at most. There are exceptions, but they're rare. My advice is to start getting used to that idea now.

14. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

What if I'm wrong? I'll be happy of course. I want Transformers to do well, and continue to make shows, movies, and toys that interest me. I've got my fingers crossed for the HUB as well. I can't help it if I personally have an impending sense of doom concerning the franchise. Since '07 the movies have pretty much domitated the brand, over shadowing (dooming) Animated since day one, and heavily infulenced Prime. From '07 to now is 5 years + 2012-'13 of Prime + TF4 movie year 2014 = 8 years of the movie era. That's just a long time to keep the old engine burning (if you get my meaning).

15. Fisitronus

Fisitronus Wrecker

Since Prime is apparently in the same continuity as the movies, maybe TF4 could be like a Live action TFP movie?

16. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

Uh, no. Prime and the movies aren't in the same continuity.