The Flashpoint Thread

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Darkravager, May 12, 2011.

1. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Did anyone else pick up Flashpoint #1 yesterday? I haven't been reading the Flash title because it's had such a horrible schedule, but I picked this up because it looked interesting.

It sets up an interesting alternate timeline earth, which is nice. I am frankly excited to see where this goes. I might go back and pick up the first Flash trade and get the second when it comes out to see where the story has gone up to this point.

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too am excited to see what happens next. I've been reading Flash up until now (and would recommend reading it- just make sure you read Flash: Rebirth first ;)  ), and Flashpoint's certainly grabbed my attention.

I will say this, though: I'm NOT picking up all those tie-ins. There's maybe three or four that look particularly interesting (Kid Flash Lost, the Reverse-Flash oneshot, Citizen Cold, and maybe the Legion of Doom series), but I'm not adding 14 books to my pull list for three months. If they'd spaced the tie-ins out a bit better, I might have considered it (I picked up all the tie-ins for Blackest Night, after all), but as it stands, I just can't.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I read it and thought it was at least interesting enough to read the second issue of. I'm still not seeing how this couldn't have worked with Wally instead, but I'm getting used to Barry being alive again. I will almost certainly pass on all the tie-ins, but I like the Flash well enough to read this.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'm all for seeing more of Wally, he can support his own book, he's already proven that.

5. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

Fun read so far. I think I'll pick up a few tie ins. I don't know which ones yet but I can say that I will pick up at least Batman one. Otherwise that's it for now.

6. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I agree completely. I don't think that all the tie-ins are even all necessary to the overarching story going on. Kinds like you didn't need every title with Brightest Day at the top of it to know what was going on with the main story.

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    Yeah it's kind of sad how they've pushed Wally to the background, despite the fact that bringing Barry back hasn't really meant anything different for the DCU.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I thought it was pretty interesting, especially with who Batman turns out to be...

9. PrimeOQZ

PrimeOQZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really liked this. The alternate reality/earth and the previous flash books have been good, and I am not a huge flash fan but I am hooked. Kubert's art is great. The story dragged a little with the intro of the super heroes but looking at the tie ins, it looks like you will be seeing more of them. Everything in this reality seems to be "reversed", Flash's mom is alive, Aquaman and the amazons war and the flash not having his powers plus the batman twist. Looking forward to the next issue and some of the tie-ins.