the FLASH: Rebirth (look at the pretty spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    so barry is back...but seems distant...seems odd...but i dig it so far...

someone is back, and called barry back for a reason...

all of this seems like barry will be dead again soon...or he'll be the death flash

and bart is back...from the future...(really wish LO3W was done so that was explained more, assuming it is explained more) barts pissed that barry is the only one who escaped the speed force. feels barry shouldnt be around. that wally is the flash...

old villains are starting to prep since barry is back now, and then at the end Savitar leaps from Barrys chest while barry is running, barry catches up, and Savitar turns to dust...

oh, and at the beginning, someone turns up and kills some dudes, and seems to be struck by lightning...not sure who it was though...

also, in Kansas, two boys find what appears to be a dead speedster in the ground...

lastly, barry is trying to figure out what happened to his parents...apparently his dad murdered his mom...but that's probably not true...

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Damn ordering comics online and getting them at the end of the month. Just gotta think about the savings. But Johns back on The Flash is gonna be awesome.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I was really surprised by how much I liked this issue. I'm one of the many fans who doesn't understand why DC feels the need to bring Barry Allen back (aside from the obvious "guys running the company grew up with the Silver Age books"), but this issue has almost sold me on it.

I really dug seeing Barry and Hal (the other "why is he not dead anymore?" character) hanging out together. The whole "isn't it weird how fast everything is now?"/"feels good to me, Hal." conversation was great.

The thing I liked most, though, was that the book wasn't just everybody standing around talking about how awesome and perfect and wonderful Barry is. Bart's part was especially nice, with him expressing the "why Barry?" viewpoint within the actual comics. The best part, though, was that even Barry himself was thinking "Barry Allen again? Really?" It's nice to see Geoff Johns acknowledge that not everybody likes the concept of having Barry back and to actually work it into the story. Probably the best thing they could have done here.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Flash: Rebirth - Spoiler Eventually

picked up my final week of comics (canceled my box cause i need the money for bills)...but i wasn't able to pick up this.

For those that did pick it up, what did you think about it...

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was a good read. Mostly it just set thing up for the series, but there were a few good character moments, like Bart's feelings about Barry coming back and Hal and Barry's talk. Don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read it, so I can't say much more.

And Iris is pretty hot now. No more "old grandma" look.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Good start, but I need to see more before I judge.

7. CrowbotMaximus8

CrowbotMaximus8 Banned

This is the comic spoilers section sir, you are supposed to spoil it.

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

You know, I have all of Final Crisis, and I still don't comprehend how Barry is back. Anyone care to give me the rundown?

I guess if Barry's back...anyone else hoping for more Cobalt Blue? I liked Malcolm Thawne.

- Coeloptera

9. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

You're not supposed to comprehend how Barry is back yet. The timing of his return just happened during Final Crisis, the whole how/why is the subject of Flash Rebirth. They said as much in the actual dialogue of Rebirth #1.

10. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow the ending of Rebirth 2 was...awesome to say the least. Very interesting twist

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Still liking it, but I'm not so sure about this whole "Barry's dead mom mystery" thing. I'm pretty damn sure that it's a new twist, as I've flipped through some old Flash issues and I remember seeing Barry's parents in them. Seems like a new retcon done to provide some drama for Barry's backstory.

Other than that (and the oddity that is Iris apparently having de-aged a few decades for no explained reason), it was a great issue.

12. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Yeah I figured he was heading that way after last issue, so far though only annoying not in use speedsters have died, so lets hope it stays that way. Perhaps it will turn out Barry was always the black flash and all the appearances so far were Barry time traveling. Or they will make it so the original Zoom was the back flash or something else. Only time will tell.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i dug this issue alot, really curious where this is going. and the last page was pretty crazy...can't wait for more...

14. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

One more meaningful death in comics made less meaningful.

Not that it should ever have been difficult to bring the BAF back in the first place. I realized that when I read Crisis in 1985. He left the 20th century, spent a month in the 30th, and then died. Anything could have happened in that month. He could have come back for adventures, and still ended up dead when the month ran out in the 30th century.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Slightly OT, but whatever happened to Max Mercury? I liked him. Was a different take on a speedster.

16. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:

During the Impulse series he eventually ran into the speedforce and died.

During Impulse #88 (September 2002, one of the last issues), Max's body is possessed by the spirit of a Golden Age supervillain: the Rival. Whilst still in Max's body, the Rival then escapes to some unknown place in time.
    In Infinite Crisis #4, Max appears in the Speed Force, where his spirit was imprisoned after the Rival escaped from the very same peril by possessing Max's body. Max assists Johnny Quick, Bart Allen and other speedsters in taking the murderous Superboy-Prime to another realm far past the Speed Force. But whiney boy escapes and goes on killing superpeople in his now long running emo rage against the world thing.

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Ah, cool. Thanks.

18. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I enjoyed it. Barry is conflicted with being back but eventually he'll figure it out.

19. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I really like making Barry the black flash. hopefully this means that Wally will be able to keep his spot as the main Flash.

20. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    That link pulls up a Disney website