The first 40 minutes of TLK.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Which act do you prefer?

1. Act 1

2. Act 2

3. Act 3

4. Equally bad

5. Equally good

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

so basically you want to focus on joke/meme characters or have a retread of AOE.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree on this.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    Most of the movie dialog I found to be very corny. The corniest, and most cringy, being that oh so forced "speech" optimus gave before blasting off into God knows where. Saying "we're going to steal quintessas staff!!" all serious like doesn't make it any badass. Just makes it look like they tried way too hard.

• Like Like x 2
  3. transf0

transf0 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, seriously, died of cringe. Poor Peter Cullen.

• Like Like x 6
  4. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

Act 1 and 3 were my favorites. Act 2 is too devoid of action.

I preferred the tone of 3 and 4 (they were the ones with the least amount of humor) but I did find some of the stuff in there to be funny. I just wish it were more tonally consistent.

5. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

Not really. From near the beginning Prime appears in disguise. These are robots in disguise. I don't really see how that's a bad thing.

Not to mention Ratchet and Lockdown make early appearances.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    This turned out to be quite true I have to say!

7. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    And that Ratchet scene was particularly good.

Still, i get the point, it was a little TF dry after that, Prime being a prop was just indicative of the core problem of the "Transformers" movies paradigm.

It didn't bother me personally too much because I sort of see it as retread of the TF1 discovery of the transformers. That was something kind of missing from the second two. And after Cade and co had discovered Prime and got pulled into their fight, the Autobots had their best run of screentime and involvement they'd ever, and still have ever, had.

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

I feel the same way, and I also felt the same about ROTF. Aside from some cringy comedy, it set up and promised a lot and after Optimus dies it never really delivered.
    It probably doesn't help that the forest battle is more climactic than the actual climax.

9. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I also love the first act! I don't like medieval scenes, they weren't epic except of music. Knights of the Round table mostly just stand and watch and the Dragon just flops on the humans (Cybertronians killing a bunch of humans... Hmm...). It could be much more dynamic and epic But, yeah, Izabella and junkyard scenes were awesome! I even liked Jimmy:lol  Hound's phrases "I like violance And "Эти люди меня бесят sticked to my tongue:lol  I waited for this comedy, but I would be happy, if they would add some sad moments to show, that Autobots need their Leader... But this song abrupts in that moment, when TRF enters the junkyard. Megatron's crew and soldiers messed up. Instead of good battle in ruins we get a cheap human escape from TRF drones and then Cogman appears. I actually like him... But As much, as, I know, you would hate this, but I would cut off the entire plot with Burton and Vivien (maybe save Burton for some purpose, but reduce his role), because after they appear the Movie doesn't tell about Transformers anymore. And we lose Izabella and Lennox entirely. I would replace this part by the big space journey, Creators' Planet, Knights of Temenos story, etc. Show a BIG Transformers Universe! No cheap conceptions with Quintessa and Unicron (most of audience, as I heard, didn't understand, WHAT it was), show me hints about dark past of creation the Knights, Megatron's role and Dinobots origin. I mostly liked the third act of TLK, but many things were not developed. Where is Unicron in this, Knights and Dragon did nothing, Cade and Lennox and TRF talk wasn't inspiring, etc.*sigh

• Like Like x 1
  10. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

And I'd say the bolded is why I enjoyed it.

Plus I'm a dinosaur nut (even more so than about Transformers), and dinosaurs have always featured in Transformers fiction, so that opening scene with the dinosaur extinction depicted...I love it. The dinosaurs themselves are beautifully rendered, the landscape is beautiful, and it hearkens back to the Savage Land and Dinobot Island.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh, my God, it's a hell to say it, but, dude, you're right:cry  We got a very poor dubbing also:cry  It made a HUGE disappointment for me!
    Awesome! I would watch it! And this idea about Megatron dealing with TRF would make a lot of sense! After the Cemetry Wind dealt with Lockdown, people afraid nothing. And also say me that Sideswipe is alive!
    Yeah, I adore dinosaurs too, that opening scene with waterfall was fascinating and the next moment Creators erase all this harmonious, fragile world. What a pain. I also love Dinobots they are mighty, ferocious and mysterious. Barbarians... Not those humorous characters in cartoon.

12. Metal Boxes

Metal Boxes Active Member

Nothing beats the ending of AoE when he has flying powers out of nowhere and buggers off all of the sudden. ''I must go, my planet needs me.''

Wait what?

13. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    YES

• Like Like x 1