The first 40 minutes of TLK.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Livingdeaddan, Jul 13, 2017.

?

Which act do you prefer?

1. Act 1

2. Act 2

3. Act 3

4. Equally bad

5. Equally good

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The disappointment started to settle in around the castle scene. That's when things started going downhill for me.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Sixshot93

Sixshot93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoy all of them. Yeah, it's messy, but I don't care. It's Transformers goes Monty Python and the Holy Grail meets Suicide Squad and Independence Day.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thr first act had a lot of things that I liked, but the way its rushed and edited severely underwhelmed me.
    Once Anthony Hopkins shows up, I feel like there's more breathing space.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    So turns out I saw most of the best bits!

• Like Like x 2
  5. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    The first acts... Always/ Usually the first acts....

It's like Bay going, "I'm gonna try...." Then all of a sudden, "Boom! Boom! BOOM!"

• Like Like x 5
  6. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's your verdict?

I mean you imply disappointment, but how much?

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

Yeah, the first act is the best part of the film, although I didn't love it as much as AoE's first act.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Basically I could enjoy the spectacle of it. There were some fun parts and I think maybe no annoying TFs or humans this time (human over use is not the humans fault! :lol )

Highlights:

Welkertron!
    Daytrader.
    Hound and Drifts banter.
    Cogman's BGM scene.
    Sqeeks actually having that big gun for reals! :lol 
    Bumblebee talking (yeah i got a pang.. im disappointed with myself!:D )

But it's a horrible mess of a story, I wasn't really sure what threads I was supposed to be following. And it's worst its ever been for TFs leading plot lines and disappearing left and right every time a fight finished. The fights were also underwhelming. Nothing close to the previous movies which all contained more than one hardcore lengthy bot on bot fight scenes.

I think AoE took some risks to try and fix things that fans wanted, but TLK ignored all that. It felt like a movieverse fans head cannon, that they'd not really got straight in their head (you know how head cannons are! :D ), but somehow imprinted it Sadako style onto some film!

I'd probably give it 3.5/10 and would only recommend it for people who enjoy 3D CGi spectacles and don't care about, or have the attention span to worry about, following plot threads.

I'd rank it 4th in the MovieVerse (1,4,3,5,2)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Lighter of Darkest Hours

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
  10. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    Now that's a mother fucking head cannon, bitches!!

• Like Like x 5
  11. normtrooper

News Credits:
    I did not expect a 3.5 out of 10 after you said you somewhat enjoyed it haha

I had fun with it too but cannot ignore the issues, glad you finally saw it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I wish we had gotten a movie almost entirely set with the junkyard or at least before they got to England.

Say for the entire movie, Megatron is breaking his Decepticons out of prison following Barricade's Intel, while Barricade is the most persistent Decepticons threat to the junkyard crew. Izzy and Sqweeks can stay, etc. Most of the movie is the gang just chilling at the base. Bee trying to get his voice fixed, Hound bickering with Daytrader, the Dinobots being naughty pets, Wheelie searching on the internet for more clues to other Autobots' whereabouts, Drift doing his meditation (and forging a new sword), Crosshairs being sarcastic, and Cade trying to be the dad of the group and eventually to Izzy.

Then Megs makes... um, some sort of deal with the TRF to get them involved just to be cannon fodder for the final battle. Then the Cons find the base, and TRF brought in the big guns. Not just their drones and Sentinels, but big ass AT-AT type things since they know the Dinobots are hiding with Cade (we already got TIE fighters and AT-ST's so why not go all the way? :lol ).

So everyone rolls out. Cade takes Crosshairs, Drift, Bee, Izzy, Sqweeks, and Jimmy into town for an ambush. Hound and Trench buy them some time at the base. Wheelie herds the baby Dinobots below ground. Strafe goes for any TRF air support, Slug goes for the AT-ST's, while Grimlock and Scorn tag team the AT-AT's. Berserker and Dreadbot get killed in town, while the other Decepticons flee once they're successfully held off. The TRF is pretty much wiped out by the Dinobots.

I dunno, I've been mulling it over for a while and wanted to write it down somewhere. Forget about England and the other stuff. :lol 

• Like Like x 6
  13. Livingdeaddan

News Credits:
    :lol  well i enjoyed 35% of it!

• Like Like x 2
  14. normtrooper

News Credits:
    I would say you have some very intriguing ideas. I don't agree with all your changes, but as a whole.... it's better, great thinking/outline.

It's always depressing when one of us posts something like this and I think "oh... that's way better than what we got"

Nothing worse than a few people on Internet forums coming up with "cooler" ideas than a professional director, editor(s), and an entire team of writers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

I don't even like most fan ideas, but this is a good one! Megatron should have used TRF as the cannon fodder.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Thanks! Yeah I was just trying to think of a way to get a more even sided battle with everyone involved, honestly. Rule of Cool and all that.

Also supposedly somewhere there was a cut line from Wheelie about how Brains wants to be left alone and Sideswipe is out there somewhere. So I figured (as I was writing it, mind you) that Wheelie could be in charge of searching the Internet for potential leads on missing Autobots for them to rescue. And the AT-AT's are just to give something for the Dinobots to fight on more equal ground.

Megs using the TRF as cannon fodder, I figured, was because he has so few Decepticons under his command and he knows some of them like Mohawk can't really put up a good fight. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It took forever for a robot to show up in AOE.

18. Unicrons Herald

Unicrons Herald Chaos Bringer

True, and then Optimus transforms, we are in second act.

19. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And then we follow Cade and Tessa while they get chased by humans and miss most of Prime and lockdowns first encounter of the movie.

20. jmannrock

jmannrock Failed Knight of Primus

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    "Dreadbot" had me in stitches. Not the character, mind you, but megs saying it. Such a stupid name. And they killed it. Along with the "say hello to your wife for me" and that exchange. The sidebars of "blew you chance" and what two lines Mohawk might've had. They were..... Corny? That's the word that comes to mind

• Like Like x 1