The Final Fantasy Retrospective

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Primevil, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Game Trailers is currently running a 13-part series on the history of Final Fantasy that updates every Sunday/Monday (they said Sunday, but the date for each video is a Monday) http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4831.html

Part I: Final Fantasy

Part II: FFII & FFIII

Part III: FFIV & FFV

Part IV: FFVI

Part V: FFVII and Compilation of...

Part VI: FFVIII & FFIX (coming soon)

Since there's more than enough videos for the main series (especially since XIII isn't out), it seems they'll cover all of the side games and spin-offs like Adventure, Legend I-III, Mystic Quest, Tactics, and Crystal Chronicles. I wouldn't be surprised if they devote one video to the movies and anime.

I really like these Retrospectives on Game Trailers. They're very tastefully done, more like legitimate documentaries instead of fanboy bias (they could very easily insult FFVIII in the next part, but I doubt they will). The Legend of Zelda one they did shortly before the release of Twilight Princess was pretty good as well (haven't checked out the Metroid one, though). I'm just not too excited about the once-a-week installments, especially after watching the first five in a row. This series will end at the beginning of October!

2. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    So awesome. I'm all pumped for FF:IV on the DS now.