The figures you regret NOT picking up...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Angelwave, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Hey guys, with all the new releases we've had of lately I know sometimes it can be hard to choose, especially if you are on a budget, which figures to get.

However, if you had the funds for it, and didn't pick certain figure while it was on the pegs or shelves, but then later regretted it, which one was it?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Basic Class Rattrap

I had one, but my little brother lost him. I had plenty of chances to get another one, but I didn't.

3. SeiberBirdR

SeiberBirdR Birbicon, Metal-Head

News Credits:
    Half of the Classics and all of the Classics 2.0 line. Fansproject City Command and Shadow Commander. I regret that after not finding ROTF Bruticus Maximus in store I did not just purchase it online.

4. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Classics Ultra Magnus/SKywarp 2-pack on clearance for $17 at target.

5. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Oh, wait, and also Encore Bruticus, could have had it for $89 in amazon credit (which I had at the time). What was I thinking?

6. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Skystalker, Punch \ Counterpunch

7. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    When I got into collecting, there where still a few Classics Megatrons around, dummy me was just collecting movie toys at the time.

8. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Classics Ultra Magnus and SkyWarp 2 pack... on sale for £20 I thought to myself Ultra Magnus with no armour? no thanks... one fansproject press release later... DANG IT!!!

Robot Masters Thunder Cracker and SkyWarp for £15 on sale the box had seen better days but retrospectively I wish I had got it

Cyberton Menasor and Quick Mix... hard to say with this one but I was quite fond of them and their gimmicks

RiD build team, This was more down to me not having much money at the time and not really being into transformers at the time like I am now.

I'm sure more will come to mind at some point

9. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1 Megatron. I had to beg my parents for each and every Transformer I got, and I suspect I didn't even try to get Megatron out of them, but man, I should have tried. I SHOULD HAVE TRIED!!! :cry 

Car Robots Speedbreaker. I picked up Wild Ride and Mach Alert, and it would be nice to have the complete set. RID Sideburn would not be an acceptable substitute. (I never picked him up, either.)

RID Dreadwind and Smokejumper. I remember seeing him... and passing him by... for some reason. :banghead: 

Universe 1.0 Skywarp (the BM Jetstorm repaint). I dunno... I saw him all the time, but the time was never right somehow.

Waves 3 & 4 of the Cybertron Mini-Con 2-packs. I think I saw all of them once. No idea that the first time would be the last time.

6-inch Titanium Thrust. I picked up Thundercracker, Starscream, Sunstorm and even got Skywarp for a steal off eBay. Why would I leave Thrust on the shelf time after time after time??? :confused: 

ROTF Skystalker. He was cheap, he was rare, and he was RIGHT THERE. And that's where I left him. Again, :banghead: 

And of course I regret not picking up every single Classics Ultra Magnus/Skywarp 2-pack when it was on clearance, and Classics Rodimus, and a buncha more Universe 2.0 Hardheads...

I'm sure there's more, but I'm now too depressed to think of them. Thanks, OP.

No, it's all good.:thumb 

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I was 9 I think and it was my birthday. The choice was either Apeface now or tomorrow go to the store across town for Scorpinok. I wanted something NOW, and regret not getting the big guy. Bases are so cool.

The moral of the story is patience.

11. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    TFM Leader Class Brawl, Classics Ultra Magnus/Skywarp, Universe 2.0 Acid Storm, Classics Ramjet, Universe 2.0 Starscream, ROTF Rampage.

I think that's it. I have a tiny ass budget, so I missed out on a lot.

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Too many to count, really, so I'm just going to say anything good between Energon and the beginning of the movie. I was off Transformers because the Energon cartoon was so bad, and I'm still regretting missing so many of those figures.

13. jon

jon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei Red Alert for retail, Encore Skywarp and Thundercracker for 30, Optimus/Magnus classics 2 pack for 30, Masterpiece Skywarp for 80, all while I lived in Japan and HA Skids for 15. Damn.

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ROTF Bruticus.... it was on clearance for 10 bucks but that mold was so lame..... couldn't do it

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Cybertron leader Galvatron! He was sweet but I didn't have much cash on me at the time so I was never able to get him. Now he's near impossible to fine.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Classics Voyager Optimus prime could have had one for $5 on clearance at a K-mart and I pased on it because he had no trailer. :banghead: 

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

ROTF Bruticus, selling my ROTF Superion for cost-ish.

Just kind of a bummer, because I didn't get/keep them before I understood A) Who Fansproject was and B) That I really wanted the upgrades :p 

18. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Energon Omega Supreme. God do I want that toy..

19. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    $5 Alternators.

20. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A few months before I started collecting again, a Wal Mart had the entire Universe deluxe line on clearance. They had Cyclonus, Hound/Ravage, G1 Screamer, and everyone else in the concurrent waves for 5 Dollars a pop.

I was so pissed XD