"The fight is now your own"

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Spoilers? I don't think so since it's mostly speculation but if you're worried then I guess you shouldn't read this.

What do you guys think is going on when Prime says "The fight is now your own" in the trailer. It really caught me off guard when I first saw that because so many characters in the past have said give up on the humans because it's not worth it but Prime insists on and on to stay with them and preserve sentient life and all that.

I feel that Optimus is getting really fed up with humanity. In the beginning when he confronts that lady about lying to them he sounds really ticked for a lack of a better word. His tone sounds like he's had it and now the Autobots are gladly leaving after Congress tells them to (sort of a 'good riddance' kind of thing). That's chilling when you really think about it because that is so unlike everything he has always been in any of the Transformers series. This movie is awesome and I so can't wait to go see it. I had my doubts before but now I'm all for it!

2. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I got the vibe that somehow, Optimus has given up on humanity. But to hear that from his own vocal processor really shakes me up. Why, of all people, would Optimus do such a thing? I thought he found our species special? He's never the type to give up on anything. Never!

3. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I think this scene is towards the middle when the gov asks the autobots to leave earth. Then when the decepticons start attacking earth, the autobots come back as their defense. i honestly don't think that Optimus would leave the humans to fight the decepticons all by themselves. They wouldn't stand a chance.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I agree.
    Supposedly the Government banishes the Autobots... and we know that Prime is angry with that 1 chick for lying.

A handfull of 'Bots can only do so much... but I think that scene is towards the middle of the film, and not a cynical ending to the trilogy.

5. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

this. i think that they were forced to leave by the government and not because optimus completely gave up on the humans or something.

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some assume it's the end. Most likely, the Decepticon threat seems to be waning, yet there most likely is a large contingency of people that just keep thinking, as long as the Autobots stay on Earth, they are just going to keep inviting trouble.

My guess is that the shot of Prime talking to Sam and Simmons, is somewhere 1/3-1/2 way through the film. The Autobots are going to leave per the request, and it is only after they leave that alot of stuff starts going down.

Though I still wonder if Bumblebee will not abandon Sam, and stay behind. I could imagine Optimus kind of coming in to the rescue, almost like the 1986 movie. Maybe we'll have some point where Shockwave is about to also 'let the slaughter begin!' in Chicago...and then Optimus swoops in.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It might be kind of interesting if Prime looked at the bad parts of humanity and then had to wonder if this is really the best species to be allies with. Humans have done some horrible things in their history as a civilized species so we can be just as bad as the Decepticons.

But film heroes tend to come back even when their help is rejected earlier in the movie so I'm sure Prime comes back to save the day because that is what movie heroes do.

8. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Your comment makes me wonder something else! What if that scene where Sam is fiddling with Bumblebee's speaker is really Sam discovering that Bumblebee didn't leave like he was supposed to and Sam is telling him that he has to go regardless of their friendship. That looks like it could be that kind of scene anyway

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    That's not a bad idea. I was even thinking that perhaps in this scene, Sam is "shutting Bumblebee up", so to speak. Like on cartoons (or even live-action shows), when someone is trying to quiet someone, they walk up and close their lips or put their hand over the other person's mouth (often comically). Either 'Bee is actually speaking (has had his voice fixed somehow, maybe?) or trying to, and Sam is all like "Shhh... no, 'Bee. You have to go with the others. Don't try and change my mind." If you catch my drift.

I really hope that this movie has some real emotion/depth to the characters and their interactions. We don't need to worry about the quota for action in this movie (the 2.5 minute trailer alone had enough action to satisfy my need in a 2 hour movie), we'd like some emotional action as well. :) 

10. GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok Well-Known Member

I definitely agree that the Autobots are somehow forced to leave at some point. The good humans know this is a mistake and that the Decepticons will attack full force if the Autobots leave. Think about Simmon's quote. He's probably talking to the Autobots, maybe to Optimus, before they leave.

11. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    I would honestly believe that the scene with Optimus is at the end, after most of the Decepticons have been taken care of. Maybe somehow life has been returned to Cybertron or something, and they're leaving to go back to their homes. Because, if you listen, it doesn't necessarily sound like he's being mean about it, just sort of a "We've gotten you this far. You guys are able to handle it from here" type of deal.

12. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    The Autobots are being pushed to leave in ROTF and DOTM. I'm guessing they return to save humanity later on. Seems as though it may have a decent plot :) 

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Let's hope so. It'd be interesting to see if maybe Sentinel plays a role in convincing Optimus to stay (or return to save the planet or whatever the plot dictates). It'd introduce some nice dynamics between these characters as "mentor" and "pupil". Maybe even show that Optimus - despite displaying what many believe to be the "perfect and incorruptible spark" - isn't always the strongest. He falters, he slips. Maybe he's lost faith in humanity and Sentinel reminds Optimus that all hope is not lost. They can be saved. Again, or whatever the script calls for. The point is, to have Sentinel knock some sense into Optimus, the way Optimus seems to be the voice of reason everywhere else.
    aka Sentinel Prime's knowledge/power/intelligence/logic > Optimus Prime's knowledge/power/intelligence/logic > human knowledge/power/intelligence/logic

That'd add some nice emotion to it, and get people off of the "Movieverse Optimus is too perfect"-scene.

14. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

I have to agree with the people who think this is at the end of the movie. The battles finished, simmons ends up in a wheelchair and the autobots are leaving. Optimus is saying to them that now there will be no autobots to help them in times of war, the human race is on its own.

15. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    That's what I think too. The question is what brings them back?

16. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I smell Megatron's Master Plan.

This is blatantly from the middle of the film. Autobots leave, shit hits the fan and they then come back and save the day.

17. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Well, judging by what you all have said already, all I can say at this point is, Doesn't it seem like an aweful lot of Decepticons coming to Earth to battle, like a handful of autobots?

18. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they leave and when they see the invasion at earth sentinel prime tells prime something and they go to help

19. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I have a question, to those who say it's at the end: if it is at the end of the movie, why is Sam so...not torn up?

Not criticizing, just an honest question.

20. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I agree, usually sam is still partially jacked up from the battle. In this scene there is no evidence that he's been in a fight