The fight at Chernobyl

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by T4mercustomz, Jan 23, 2012.

1. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The driller knocks Optimus over and he transforms along with his trailer turning into the weapons platform. He grabs a sword and shield while shockwave exits the driller and says his only line while Optimus growls all of a sudden the driller and shockwave leave not one punch thrown why was there no fight?

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You're 7 months late to the party.

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Shockwave was creeped out by Optimus Prime's random gibberish when he transformed.

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

There was in the novel, which should have been in that scene. In the book Shockwave fires three bursts from his plasma cannon at Prime and the soldiers. Optimus uses his shield to deflect the blasts, and is almost knocked over by them; giving testament to how powerful shockwave's gun is.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Oh god, this. :lolol 

I remain perplexed, amused and unnerved by those noises he makes. One day, someone should get hold of Peter Cullen and ask him what just prompted that delivery.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Mystery solved!,

and in the process Shockwave had the gibberish stuck on his head that now speask biggerish, explaining why he does not talk english in chicago

7. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

I'd bet that Cullen was reluctant about those noises, Bay prob wanted them in to show how OP was somewhat unsettled at the Driller's attack.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    For the serious matter, Shockwave was not sent to fight Optimus. He was sent to carry out Megatron's master plan. Shockwave was likely sent to give him a little bit of a fight to make it look convincing. Megatron wanted Optimus to find the Ark part. Shockwave was just send to carry out the bluff.

9. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Shockwave was scared of OP's cybertronian-brass knuckles

10. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I don't know if we'll ever know. Maybe the bonus features and/or commentary will shed some light? You could probably chalk it up to budgetary reasons. (Now don't start the whole "Well if they didn't have the driller they could've!"-arguments. The driller's in the movie. That's done and over with.)

THIS.

Well, now that's not really fai-BLARGH-RAGH-URGH-ARGH-RAGH!

Eh, I don't know. I mean, the noises were exaggerated, but the direction that was probably giving to Cullen was "We need some groaning and grunting, because Optimus just smashed into this massive Decepticon creature and has been thrown to the ground." I don't know about you, but if that's what was said to me, I'd probably give the same sort of noise. I'd make some pretty interesting "noises" if I fell down a cliff, for example.

11. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Shockwave was concentrated on his objective. It wasn't logical to him to start fighting Optimus just because he was there, so he fired a few warning shots at the humans and took off. He had a mission to complete.

Edit: In the book, anyway.

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    And actually, when you think of it that way, what was the objective of "dropping" that engine part? So that the Autobots/Optimus would find it. And that's just what happened. They needed Optimus to execute their plan (reviving Sentinel). Why fight him? Why engage in battle? There's no need to. Granted, Shockwave/the driller went through a lot of trouble to execute said simple plan, so when the engine part is discovered (and subsequently dropped) and Optimus looks like he's gonna' tear s**t up, Shockwave does the logical thing: MISSION OBJECTIVE: ACCOMPLISHED. RETREAT.

13. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    They would have gotten the part anyway, no? Lennox was this close to gettin' his mitts on it, so Shockles wasn't needed for that. The crap was he even doing there?

14. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Make it look like the Decepticons were up to something with the engine part, to spur Optimus to get to the moon first. And so that later when they found out the Decepticons had the rest of the pillars, they'd think the Decepticons were after Sentinel and get him back to base.

It wouldn't have looked quite as urgent if it looked like the Decepticons were clueless as to Sentinel's whereabouts. Remember they were trying to trick the Autobots into thinking that they had tricked them into reviving Sentinel so they could capture him.

15. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    cause the plan was to have optimus get the artifact im not batman but thats obivous

16. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

It wasn't just "have Optimus get the artifact" but "Have Optimus get the artifact in a way that looks like we were trying to stop him from getting it, so when he takes it back and humans tell him about the Ark he'll think we're trying to hide it from him so he'll go get Sentinel. But later when he thinks about it he'll realize what we did and think we tricked him into reviving Sentinel for us so we can capture him, and he'll rush Sentinel to base and divide the forces to hunt for Decepticon attack. But actually Sentinel is in league with us and we don't need to capture him because he'll come to us willingly."

17. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Where the hell was Rachet during that scene?

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

The logical answer is, he sat back and watched Optimus kick ass.

The illogical answer is, he was busy fighting the army of Shockwave fangirls who wanted to see their idol up close, and by the time he won the fight, Shockwave had already retreated.

19. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
  20. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFWiki says that's just the Optimus-Sentinel fight with Shockwave in place of Sentinels character model. Watching that clip, I believe them. It does look like Shockwave is moving like Sentinel.